Are the Recaro Seats Comfortable?????

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I was just wondering for those of you that have recaros if they are truly comfortable and worth the extra money that they will cost??? I know its an option but no point in spending the extra money if they aren't anymore comfortable than the seats than just come in the car. As soon as we get word on the Order Bank Opening I will be placing my order. Just sold my 2019 Redeye Hellcat WideBody to a nice guy from Arkansas and now getting very excited to place my order for the new Shelby GT 500. Also working on license plate ideas too!!!!
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The base seats are typically "cushier" or allow greater freedom of movement. The Recaros work well for many but are an issue for some due to their physical size.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
The base seats are typically "cushier" or allow greater freedom of movement. The Recaros work well for many but are an issue for some due to their physical size.
THANK YOU EPIPHANY. I THINK I WILL GO WITH THE STANDARD SEATS. IAM SURE THEY WILL WORK JUST FINE. THANK YOU AGAIN.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I bet if people were honest, 80% would agree that recaros aren't comfortable.

In short, if you’re fat, doesn’t work. If you’re medium it’s fine in the city and terrible for 2+ hour trips.

If you’re slender, you’re fine, but if you have a bad back and a long torso it’s still uncomfortable with no lumbar support adjustment. That, and having to slide your ass so far into the seat for posture support gets your legs too close to the pedals because of the angle of the seat cushion angling down toward the rear rockers.

Ford should have worked with recaro more, these are no Porsche seats.

All that said, I got them because they look amazing and do their JOB. They hold you in.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
THANK YOU EPIPHANY. I THINK I WILL GO WITH THE STANDARD SEATS. IAM SURE THEY WILL WORK JUST FINE. THANK YOU AGAIN.
Just remember you can’t get base seats in a carbon fiber track pack car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

In short, if you’re fat, doesn’t work. If you’re medium it’s fine in the city and terrible for 2+ hour trips.

If you’re slender, you’re fine, but if you have a bad back and a long torso it’s still uncomfortable with no lumbar support adjustment. That, and having to slide your ass so far into the seat for posture support gets your legs too close to the pedals because of the angle of the seat cushion angling down toward the rear rockers.

All that said, I got them because they look amazing and do their JOB. They hold you in.
Thank You for your input. I appreciate it very much. Iam definitely going with the standard seats. Iam getting my car from a small Ford Dealer and there's no way he would get the R competition car anyway. Iam ok with that because I like the standard wheels much better and I really don't want the slicks that come on the R car. So all in all Iam very happy to get the base car. Iam getting quite excited to place the order.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Thank You for your input. I appreciate it very much. Iam definitely going with the standard seats. Iam getting my car from a small Ford Dealer and there's no way he would get the R competition car anyway. Iam ok with that because I like the standard wheels much better and I really don't want the slicks that come on the R car. So all in all Iam very happy to get the base car. Iam getting quite excited to place the order.
Good for you!
Can you post a picture of your redeye hellcat?

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I’m going standard since I want a more comfortable seat for longer drives and I love heated and vented seats. I’m not going to track it so I don’t need the support of the Recaro.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
For license plate I’m going for G1ddyup or something similar. In Minnesota we are limited to 7 characters, one of which has to be a number.

upload_2019-6-16_9-48-49.gif

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
For license plate I’m going for G1ddyup or something similar. In Minnesota we are limited to 7 characters, one of which has to be a number.

upload_2019-6-16_9-48-49.gif
Hello there from Nebraska. We are also limited to 7 characters same as you. I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 ideas but since I don't have the car don't want to say what they are. Don't want anybody in Nebraska to steal my idea. LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Good for you!
Can you post a picture of your redeye hellcat?
Iam 68 years of age and extremely "OLD SCHOOL". Don't know how to do that. BUT, if you want to PM me with your smartphone number my daughter did teach me how to send a photo thru our smartphones. Sorry for being so technology challenged. I even have to have my daughter come over to put songs on my S D Card as now all these new fangled cars don't even come with a CD player anymore. I tell her what songs I want and she comes over and downloads them off the internet onto my SD card and then I can listen to them in our daily drivers. LOL

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You mean fat? Let's not be so politically correct. It is what it is.

I'm 6' and about 200 pounds. Recaros are extremely comfortable. I wouldn't have any other seat in this kind of car.

Either you fit in a recaro or you don't. Kind of like the guy who couldn't fit in the airplane seat and insisted on raising the arm rest. I wouldn't recommend he buy recaro seats.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Actually I meant too tall, too short, broad shouldered, etc. Obesity is certainly a consideration if you like the Recaros.

That said, PC is certainly not my M.O. Lol.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Hello there from Nebraska. We are also limited to 7 characters same as you. I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 ideas but since I don't have the car don't want to say what they are. Don't want anybody in Nebraska to steal my idea. LOL
First off, GO BIG RED! Secondly, spill the ideas. You're like the only Nebraskan here dude. There's like only 2 R's and 5 GT350's in that state. LOL. I'm from Nebraska but live in TX. I need ideas for 7 characters as well. I've got one that I like and it's available but there are a lot more Texans in here so I really can't spill it.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

I think the standard seats are ok but they're too cushy for me because I'm used to the bolster supports. I can't imagine the movement the body would have in an R with standard seats. But yes to your point, overweight people should not get the Recaros. The seat weight limit is 300 lbs btw. My father in law is 6' 4" and 350+. I won't let him sit it. He loved the couch seats in the HC I had tho.
Sponsored