Sponsored

Appearance Upkeep

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
So, do you or do you not Armour All your car? I have heard Armour All is the worst thing for your dash, and not great for tires. What do you use, if anything for dash/interior, Tires, and what kind of car soap do you use? Any of the spray waxes any good, what about for vinyl stripes?

Shine or no shine on your tires?

Dave
Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
So, do you or do you not Armour All your car? I have heard Armour All is the worst thing for your dash, and not great for tires. What do you use, if anything for dash/interior, Tires, and what kind of car soap do you use? Any of the spray waxes any good, what about for vinyl stripes?

Shine or no shine on your tires?

Dave
never liked the wet look or greasy feel especially the interior. soap & water only. cars new don't even have that look. shine my tires once every few washes. all about preference though.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Avoid Armor All. It's junk. Get Meguiar's.
For interior, I don't like the shiny stuff so I just use a damp cloth on the plastics and leather conditioner on the leather.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
For interior, I don't like the shiny stuff so I just use a damp cloth on the plastics and leather conditioner on the leather.
Ditto to this.

For a minute I was thinking this thread was going to ask about general exterior upkeep lol. I was getting ready to chime in with your typical soapy water, a decent detailer, and Mother's brand wax. And as a black car owner myself, I'd also say that performing a ritual to the weather and dust storm gods involving several sacrificial chickens and some frenzied desperate prayers probably couldn't hurt either :lol:

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current:2015 Silver GT 6MT PP 50th
Ditto to this.

For a minute I was thinking this thread was going to ask about general exterior upkeep lol. I was getting ready to chime in with your typical soapy water, a decent detailer, and Mother's brand wax. And as a black car owner myself, I'd also say that performing a ritual to the weather and dust storm gods involving several sacrificial chickens and some frenzied desperate prayers probably couldn't hurt either :lol:
Double ditto...in my 20's, I AA'd all my cars...haven't done that in about 7 years now....Jason called it right

Sponsored

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Zymol for cleaning which also gives it a low shine. For more use Meguiar's natureal shine. Always good to clean every so ofter.

stevelp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
Unless you like wet greasy look, I would avoid at all cost. I personally like Chemical Guys, Swissvax, Zymol. Chemical guys interior cleaner doesn't have any odor or greasy feeling. Their conditioner doesn't leave an overwhelming odor, applies easy, and removes with out streaking or leaving residue.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
Never let it touch the seats - I slid from side-to-side with every turn for weeks!

pigdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium 6MT MM/Saddle
I've used Aerospace 303 to clean and condition without the greasy feel. Very good conditioner.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I like all Meguiar's products.

And yes to tire shine. I will give all 4 tires a good spray down with the tire shine after washing and shammy, then do everything, exterior and interior. After everythings been done, I'll wipe down the tires with a dry rag to remove the tire shine. You don't want that flinging down the side of the car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I like all Meguiar's products.

And yes to tire shine. I will give all 4 tires a good spray down with the tire shine after washing and shammy, then do everything, exterior and interior. After everythings been done, I'll wipe down the tires with a dry rag to remove the tire shine. You don't want that flinging down the side of the car.
Try Meguiar's Endurance Gel. No fling and easy to apply. Smells good too.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Aerospace 303 protectant is a fantastic substitute for armorall. I use it everywhere on interior plastics. Doesn't make it shiny or greasy, but it does make the plastic pop a little more.

But yea, armorall is garbage. They don't make any good products, and you're better off sticking with meguiars or mothers products if you're buying locally.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Mothers VLR on the interior.

I have not waxed the exterior yet.. Yeah I know...but the dealer had it wheel'd it before I picked it up due to dealer logo removal.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Chemical Guys products are my preference for exterior and interior detailing.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Any thoughts on Lexol leather products?
Sponsored