Apeman Dash cam issue?

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
So, I purchased an Apeman dash cam for my son to install in his Camaro for Christmas. Last night, we went out and did a temporary install of just the front camera. Suction cupped it to the windshield, ran the power cord down and adjacent to the center console and plugged it into the power outlet in the console. It powered up just fine, he got the date set and adjusted the view. We went back inside for a few minutes and then he left for the night. Or so I thought. He was back about a minute later. He came back in and said that his tach wasn't working. So back out we go, and sure enough, the needle is just sitting there on 0 with the car running. He revved the engine a couple of times but the needle failed to move. We turned the car off, let it sit for a minute and tried again. The needle would sweep through the gauge on start-up, but then would just sit on 0 RPM.

We checked a couple of on-line forums, with no luck. One Camaro forum said to pull the battery able and re-install to reset the system. Unfortunately, he's in an apartment complex, and they frown upon doing maintenance or repairs in the garage, plus he doesn't have tools, and it was dark out. Got a text message this morning from him, the tach is working again.

Anyone here have a similar issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Everything else worked. It was just the tach. But apparently, it has resolved it self. It started working aging yesterday morning. I forgot to post the update. No rhyme or reason, just quit working, and then started working again. All of the other gauges were functioning normally.

Who knows with all of this electronic wizardry?!
Sponsored