Sponsored

Anyway to turn off the double honk?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Does this also stop the horn honk if you double click the door lock on key fob?
I checked this for you and on my car there is no double honk after a double click.

My car is an EU model though and I have not tried it before the mod was installed, so I'm not sure it it was not a feature in the first place or that it was actually removed by the mod.

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
I checked this for you and on my car there is no double honk after a double click.

My car is an EU model though and I have not tried it before the mod was installed, so I'm not sure it it was not a feature in the first place or that it was actually removed by the mod.

Normal US models sound the horn once if you double click the lock button. This still functions. The only thing affected is the double horn honk when you exit the vehicle.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
BBB, glad you're still around. 6g isn't what it was.

I agree with the annoyance of the double honk.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted everyone to know I finally got this mod installed in my 2015 F150 today and it works like a charm! I am so happy right now it's not even funny. I probably burnt 3 gallons of gas leaving it running as I get out just to try it everywhere I went today lol.

I highly recommend getting this, Jason has been extremely helpful throughout the process and is a stand up guy.

I also have the mod for my mustang and will be getting it installed next week hopefully.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Am I the only one that like the reminder that car is on? When wife comes home, and I hear the honk, I know she didn't turn the car off.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Am I the only one that like the reminder that car is on? When wife comes home, and I hear the honk, I know she didn't turn the car off.
Take your wife's Mustang away if she is so irresponsible that she can't remember to friggin turn it off. It sounds like she is ignoring the double honk anyway. Get her a Corolla or something.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Take your wife's Mustang away if she is so irresponsible that she can't remember to friggin turn it off. It sounds like she is ignoring the double honk anyway. Get her a Corolla or something.
Her Escape does the same thing. It really is a safety feature.

Last edited:

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
If you have to get out for a second, just don't close the door. When I take mine out of the garage every morning, I just leave the door open a crack while I jump out and close the garage door. No double honk.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
If you have to get out for a second, just don't close the door. When I take mine out of the garage every morning, I just leave the door open a crack while I jump out and close the garage door. No double honk.
I've tried training myself with all the tricks to stop the annoying double honk unsuccessfully. No matter how hard I tried I would still accidentally set it off. Being a firefighter and responding to calls at all hours of the day/night it's just a major pita. If that method works for you then great but to be honest this is the BEST $25 I've ever spent.
Sponsored