Sponsored

Anyones active exhaust valve start rattling?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Definitely mode dependent. I reached in with a wire and the sound stopped immediately when I touched the flapper. Can’t see it moving. Any quick fix at home for it? Or is it back to the dealer for an entire exhaust system (probably)?
Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Definitely mode dependent. I reached in with a wire and the sound stopped immediately when I touched the flapper. Can’t see it moving. Any quick fix at home for it? Or is it back to the dealer for an entire exhaust system (probably)?
I just changed the mufflers to non-valve mufflers!!!

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Mine rattled, found I could lift the flapper easily with a small screw driver. I compared it to the other side and it would not budge. I then lowered the exhaust and checked the spring on the actuator. It was good. Talked to the dealership and they wanted to cut the muffler off and weld a new one on.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
so, to answer your question: ues, back to the dealer so they can verify the issue and get your replacement part ordered.
Sponsored