Sponsored

Anyone worked out an underseat Subwoofer

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have a 2015 base GT, I really need a small sub. There are some well reviewed pretty small 10" and 8" underseat powered subs around.

Someone must have worked this out by now and can shed some light on how it worked out and how it sounded, which model you went with.

I searched the topic 1st and didn't see much.

Here is one I was looking at. Only 12.5"x11"x2.7" Descent Reviews for a small Sub.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RW8...pebp=1433560442833&perid=0KE7RXFT2NB4599HDGAM

Any opinions or members that have worked this out?

Thanks for taking a look, Chris / Flaps
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tristar

Tristar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Underseat height maybe and more

Seems like there must be 3 inch's under there, but I cant get a good angle to measure.

The other option might be a 10" Version of this mounted sideways in the trunk on the right side when looking in. I saw a post where someone took that area apart and found a pre run wired connector there for a sub. that would make for an easy hook up for sound. Just wonder it that connector is there in all base models or just some?

Chris / Flaps

I'm interested to know this as well. I don't see why ones from the past wouldn't fit...

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've taken a look under our seats, there just doesn't seem to be much clearance. I'd be concerned that if the seat was moved, it would hit the sub. I like the idea of an under-seat sub, but I definitely am afraid of clearance, I've looked under there...

Toysa4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Impact Blue
I am going to be trying to put it under the rear shelf this weekend. I will post pictures once I get it done.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
There are a couple of larger spare tire mounted ones out there...

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Definitely not enough room under our seats. Are you looking for just a little bass or are you trying to save all your trunk space?

demon67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang Coupe / 21 GT Premium 6MT
I considered this before using a different set up as I have a shallow box 10" pioneer sub in another vehicle. In my opinion a decent 8" isn't going to fit. There's zero space down there. I went with a self powered 12" in the trunk and sourced the input from the rear speakers. Works great for me.

Danao91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seb
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2017 Convertible
This one can fit under the seats :

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
... these ported small subs can be mighty effective. I have a 10" sealed sub in one car - aftermarket, and a factory system 6" ported (similar to the one shown above) in a small air space box and it is impressive the sound it makes. You don't "feel" it like a 10" sealed, but for what it is, it is quite effective. Very impressive for almost half the size and a tenth the weight and amp power. I certainly wouldn't discount it, and that is new for me considering my recent experience.
Sponsored