Sponsored

Anyone using Croftgate products?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Don't know if anyone has heard of it, but is anyone using Croftgate washing/detailing products?
Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have used Croftgate Tire Shine and it did a nice job. I'm somewhat put off by their videos, though. They pour a bucket of mud and twigs on a black car, let it bake in the sun, and then clean it with their waterless wash product without scratching the paint. That just can't be.

Mattitude

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smafclub.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I use Croftgate products on the Mustang (most of the time). When it's really dirty, I bucket/hose wash it, but in between those 'real' washes, I can knock it out in my garage in easily half the time it takes to do it outside with the hose. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the 'Quick n Slick' spray on wax.

-Matt

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use Croftgate products on the Mustang (most of the time). When it's really dirty, I bucket/hose wash it, but in between those 'real' washes, I can knock it out in my garage in easily half the time it takes to do it outside with the hose. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the 'Quick n Slick' spray on wax.

-Matt

Matt,

How come you do not like the spray on wax product - does it leave residue and smear when trying to buff or remove?

Mattitude

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smafclub.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry, Phil - I should have been more clear.

There's nothing wrong with it per se', but I have other products in my arsenal that I like better. Even after several applications, the spray wax doesn't seem to be 'thick' enough. And then after a wash with the other Croftgate products (Aquanil/Wash 'n Wax), it seems like it's gone. Even Meguiars' detail spray seems to go on 'thicker' and last longer.

Just my opinion; your mileage may vary.

Let me know if you get some and what you think of it. I REALLY like the Wash 'n Wax. Lets me wash the car in the garage with a gallon (or two) of water in a bucket (or two; one clean, one rinse) and a couple of microfiber towels. And between the wash cycles, the Aquanil and Last Detail work well. And I also REALLY like the Tire Shine. Goes on with a satin finish and isn't real greasy, either.

DISCLAIMER #1: No affiliation. Just a satisfied customer.
DISCLAIMER #2: While I have absolutely NO reservations about using the Croftgate products on my OW GT PP, nor have I had any issues using it on the original paint on my 28 year-old Ferrari, it would certainly increase the 'pucker factor' if I was using waterless spray-on products on a dry, dark (black, deep impact blue, etc) car. That being said, my local Croftgate distributor uses his products exclusively (for personal use and in demos, etc) on his black 2008 Bullitt and his FOX-body GT, and they both look AMAZING.

If you have Facebook, you can see what I'm talking about.

In this picture, the '03 had been sitting outside for a few weeks after getting the '15. It was pretty nasty at the time. The passenger side had just been done with Aquanil and Quick 'n Slick before this picture was taken (by my local Croftgate guy).

~Matt
10917343_640523482740186_3350359859255932477_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

CrummyArchitect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A, "MGNETO"
I agree with about everything Mattitude said - I really like the Croftgate products. I use the wash & wax product for minor washes (its great for those since I live in an apt and water supply is non existant). But when its really grimy I take it to a car wash and do a traditional bucket wash. Also, mix up the wash & wax in a spray bottle diluted down and use it like a spray detailer - car looks awesome afterwards. And I agree with him on their tire shine, not so much for tire shine, but use on all the black plastic pieces and under the hood - makes them really shine. Also their multi clean product is very good. And if you have a dark colored car, I recommend their Project X spray polish - it did amazing things for my Magnetic GT. and then I also have their Quick n Slick - and like Mattitude, its an OK product, but I think the Meguiars Ultimate stuff is just as good.

Figured I should throw in a pick to backup my claim - but this was my first full detail of my car at my apt after I bought it with all Croftgate products: Wash & Wax, Project X, then Quick N Slick. The Wash & Wax is a great option for cleaning up the painted PP wheels too because they generate a lot of brake dust.

Last edited:

Mattitude

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smafclub.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Damn, that car looks good! :)

-Matt

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Used the Croftgate wash - I have to say, it's nice being able to "wash" the car in the garage without a hose! :)

I used a microfiber to wash/apply product - and another dry microfiber to dry each panel after it was washed.

Turned out really nice. Unique product, seems like it's been around for a while too.

Mattitude

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smafclub.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Used the Croftgate wash - I have to say, it's nice being able to "wash" the car in the garage without a hose! :)

I used a microfiber to wash/apply product - and another dry microfiber to dry each panel after it was washed.

Turned out really nice. Unique product, seems like it's been around for a while too.
Glad to hear it worked out well!

-Matt

Sponsored