Sponsored

Anyone using an MGW with steeda or similar trans bushing?

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I have been fighting gremlins with my trans/shifting for a while now. So far, I've had my trans rebuilt by Ben calimer with a stage 2, installed 2 different twin disk clutches (spec and lpxhd), new TOB that was bench bled, MGW shifter (x-spec, iirc) braided ss clutch line and swapped out the Reservoir to MC feed line to a better more secure line. Most of the time my car shifts good, like a well oiled rifle bolt, but every now and then sometimes I have trouble getting into reverse or 1st, or sometimes when I'm driving I need to use a bit more effort to get the car out of gear (and sometimes although less frequently into gear). It almost feels like the clutch isn't released all the way, but idk. Another thing is sometimes I feel like a "hitch" in the clutch pedal when it's coming back up, like it got stuck for a split second. I have bled the clutch every way that I can thing of, pumped the pedal, had bench bled the TOB, put vaccum on the reservoir and pumped the pedal, etc. People seem to say that if you do the MGW then you don't need the trans bushing insert, but does anyone run both? Any benefit? I'm thinking maybe the trans is moving ever so slightly and causing issues? The only other thing I haven't swapped out is the MC. Idk. Any input is welcome.
Sponsored

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
I have an MGW X-spec and a Boomba trans mount. They work really well, but using the two together won't have any impact on what you're explaining since the shifter is solid mounted to the trans, so moves directly with the trans, and the clutch is hydraulic.

I don't know what might be causing the issues you're having with shifting, but the clutch pedal feeling like it has a "hitch" could be your assist spring perch giving out. If it's still the stock one, I've heard that when they go out, the clutch pedal can get stuck part way through the travel on it's way back up.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I have an MGW X-spec and a Boomba trans mount. They work really well, but using the two together won't have any impact on what you're explaining since the shifter is solid mounted to the trans, so moves directly with the trans, and the clutch is hydraulic.

I don't know what might be causing the issues you're having with shifting, but the clutch pedal feeling like it has a "hitch" could be your assist spring perch giving out. If it's still the stock one, I've heard that when they go out, the clutch pedal can get stuck part way through the travel on it's way back up.
I am wondering if maybe the trans moving at all is causing some kind of binding up somewhere or somehow. Maybe reducing the movement of the trans may help. Considering everything I've tried so far, I'm kinda trying to think outside the box. It's just really strange to me that sometimes it goes from shifting great to having to be more forceful with it.

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
I use both and no issues. Given all the documented issues with Calimer trans', I'm afraid your issue may be inside the trans...

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I use both and no issues. Given all the documented issues with Calimer trans', I'm afraid your issue may be inside the trans...
I can't really rule anything out I guess. The only thing is, 90 percent of the time it
seems to work great.
Sponsored