Sponsored

Anyone tune a 2023 5.0 with PBD & RTD+ yet?

Berserk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
I just got my RTD+.

Downloaded the software PBD recommended through email (RTD Flasher), plugged device in, synced, no updates necessary.

I then figured I'd try using the app. Connected tuner to car, started acc mode, synced up the device to the car. Then tried to read the cars current file which is where I'm running into some issues. I'm getting a "Controllers not connected or not identified. You may need to use VCM Editor for this vehicle." So I gave up on that and tried connecting the laptop to the device while in acc mode and reading the file from RTD Flasher, well it didn't read anything on the car and is asking for the Hardware and OS which I have no idea which one to choose. Tried the VCM Editor but states that is unsupported as well. It's late so I haven't heard back from the tuner yet but provided them all of the above.
Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
While I don't have a 2023 yet to do so, this is the response that I received from PBD two days ago about using the RTD+ device I already have to tune a 2023:

(Palm Beach Dyno)

Feb 14, 2023, 9:45 AM EST

Hello,

no problem tuning 2023's we have tuned plenty already and yes you can use your RTD+ those dont lock or marry youll just need the tune and credits

Last edited:
OP
OP
Berserk

Berserk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
While I don't have a 2023 yet to do so, this is the response that I received from PBD two days ago about using the RTD+ device I already have to tune a 2023:

(Palm Beach Dyno)

Feb 14, 2023, 9:45 AM EST

Hello,

no problem tuning 2023's we have tuned plenty already and yes you can use your RTD+ those dont lock or marry youll just need the tune and credits
So far I haven't gotten the RTD+ to read the vehicles file properly. I hooked up a laptop and was able to read the car using the "Hardware: TC-298 ECM, 2018+ Ford" and the Write Entire option not the Write Calibration option. I've been running my Flex Tune today since I don't have full E85 anywhere near me. I might have gotten up to full E85 on my recent trip through some curvy roads on the east site of Phoenix but I won't be able to stay there. I know it's recommended to use a dedicated tune but hoping after I get an ethanol sensor the flex tune will be fine. Car is running great though. I only have a resonator delete H pipe and the tune and she rips. I also just finished the Sync 4" to 8" display upgrade today from Breeves002.net. I haven't had the remote session with them to enable the drive modes but I can't wait.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Keep us posted on their response and if they get it all taken care of for you!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I might have gotten up to full E85 on my recent trip through some curvy roads on the east site of Phoenix but I won't be able to stay there. I know it's recommended to use a dedicated tune but hoping after I get an ethanol sensor the flex tune will be fine.
I run flex full time on this build since much of the e we have in the valley is in the e54 range but there are a few stations with full go juice too. No need for a sensor in these the logic is in the tune.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I just got my RTD+.

Downloaded the software PBD recommended through email (RTD Flasher), plugged device in, synced, no updates necessary.

I then figured I'd try using the app. Connected tuner to car, started acc mode, synced up the device to the car. Then tried to read the cars current file which is where I'm running into some issues. I'm getting a "Controllers not connected or not identified. You may need to use VCM Editor for this vehicle." So I gave up on that and tried connecting the laptop to the device while in acc mode and reading the file from RTD Flasher, well it didn't read anything on the car and is asking for the Hardware and OS which I have no idea which one to choose. Tried the VCM Editor but states that is unsupported as well. It's late so I haven't heard back from the tuner yet but provided them all of the above.
Did you ever figure this out? Im having the exact same problem. Any help is much appreciated

OP
OP
Berserk

Berserk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Did you ever figure this out? Im having the exact same problem. Any help is much appreciated
I've had a ticket open with HP Tuners where they said they were going to add my car to the TDN app but I still haven't really heard back. The last thing they said was they are still working on it essentially. I ended up using a laptop to get the car tuned. I'll have to double check the process tomorrow but you essentially use the Laptop + Software and choose something like 2018+ Ford and make sure you do write full tune not update. I'll confirm tomorrow and post back exactly what the process is.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Switch to SCT. :)

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I've had a ticket open with HP Tuners where they said they were going to add my car to the TDN app but I still haven't really heard back. The last thing they said was they are still working on it essentially. I ended up using a laptop to get the car tuned. I'll have to double check the process tomorrow but you essentially use the Laptop + Software and choose something like 2018+ Ford and make sure you do write full tune not update. I'll confirm tomorrow and post back exactly what the process is.
Thanks for the reply. Wengerd Performance got me straightened out. Once you select the TC 298 2019 + Ford ( not the TC 298 B) Hardware in the dropdown for the hardware, the RTD Flasher software can be used to pull the Stock file. Once that is done and you send the base file, your tuner can then use the TDN app to upload tunes, read your data logs, and provide new tunes. Looks like the TDN app cannot pull the stock file. I probably should have just gone with the MPVI2, but this works

OP
OP
Berserk

Berserk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Switch to SCT. :)
My SCT tuner for my EcoBoost gave out on me sadly. I tried taking it apart to see what might be wrong with the electronics but nothing obvious. Screen turns on but the buttons are nearly useless. Up goes down, left goes up, etc. Arizona heat probably did a number on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Berserk

Berserk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Thanks for the reply. Wengerd Performance got me straightened out. Once you select the TC 298 2019 + Ford ( not the TC 298 B) Hardware in the dropdown for the hardware, the RTD Flasher software can be used to pull the Stock file. Once that is done and you send the base file, your tuner can then use the TDN app to upload tunes, read your data logs, and provide new tunes. Looks like the TDN app cannot pull the stock file. I probably should have just gone with the MPVI2, but this works
Glad you got it figured out. I've been purely on the laptop. I'll have to see if PBD can send my tunes to the app instead as that would be more convenient.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My SCT tuner for my EcoBoost gave out on me sadly. I tried taking it apart to see what might be wrong with the electronics but nothing obvious. Screen turns on but the buttons are nearly useless. Up goes down, left goes up, etc. Arizona heat probably did a number on it.
Odd I keep my SCT BDX in my glove year round even through our Phoenix summers with no problems. But I could see it getting fried if left out on the dash uncovered or something.
Sponsored