Sponsored

Anyone still waiting for their export market Bullitt?

Jimbo85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Ditto Digger. Just a few weeks behind you. There seems to be more popping up here and I am hoping they've cleared a backlog.... Can't be long now! Wishful thinking!

I would like to know where we are in the queue at least. Be told to expect a VIN on a set date, or how long they expect us to wait, rather than this open ended long haul. If I see a 2nd Xmas before my Bullitt I'm flogging the bugger :facepalm:
Sponsored

Last edited:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I feel so sorry for you both!
Luckily all 50 cars (which was the total NZ allocation) got built really early and turned up here in early October with June build dates and low production numbers.
In the back of my mind is the thought that we got the first rhd Bullitts while Flat Rock was still in its "Bullitt learning" phase but so far so good , and its a magnificent car
Totally besotted

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Today is a very special day! Its officially one year ago that I ordered my Mustang Bullitt! Of course the icing on the cake is that I still have no idea when its arriving. Or actually even physically exists or will do anytime soon
Ford really is leading the pack on Customer Service :)
Well mine arrived after 14 months but with some faults to be rectified. At least I have it. 400 miles so far and itā€™s everything I thought it would be. He exhaust note especially in track mode is intoxicating.

I hope you get your cars soon. Thereā€™s nothing much you can do to speed things up. Believe me I tried.

Digger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Well mine arrived after 14 months but with some faults to be rectified. At least I have it. 400 miles so far and itā€™s everything I thought it would be. He exhaust note especially in track mode is intoxicating.

I hope you get your cars soon. Thereā€™s nothing much you can do to speed things up. Believe me I tried.
Congrats on your Bullitt!!

I went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Saturday and finally saw a Bullitt for the first time! After having a good look at it a Ford rep actually asked if I was interested in a test drive. After replying that I ordered one over 12 months ago, I was told to wait for another Ford rep who take my details and update me on progress etc.

I spoke to said rep who was very nice, apologetic and swore blind to me that I would have a response on my order by the following Monday. I made it clear that I happy to wait, but obviously would like a date to work towards.

Of course its now mid week and I have yet to hear back. I dont know why I even bothered to be honest. Its quite clear that Ford UK could not care in the slightest about their customers. I am now officially very annoyed and frustrated.

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Congrats on your Bullitt!!

I went to the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Saturday and finally saw a Bullitt for the first time! After having a good look at it a Ford rep actually asked if I was interested in a test drive. After replying that I ordered one over 12 months ago, I was told to wait for another Ford rep who take my details and update me on progress etc.

I spoke to said rep who was very nice, apologetic and swore blind to me that I would have a response on my order by the following Monday. I made it clear that I happy to wait, but obviously would like a date to work towards.

Of course its now mid week and I have yet to hear back. I dont know why I even bothered to be honest. Its quite clear that Ford UK could not care in the slightest about their customers. I am now officially very annoyed and frustrated.
I've just spoken to a friend who ordered in June 2018, was given a VIN and after a few delays was promised delivery end July/early August only to be told today his car hasn't been built! He's been switched to 2020 MY and is hopping mad as you can imagine.

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Geeze. I just placed an order a couple weeks ago after Ford announced a second allocation of Bullitt Mustangs for the UK. I obviously don't have any sort of build date yet but looking at this thread I wonder if I will be waiting until 2022 for a Bullitt. I'll give it until about March 2020 and if there isn't any likelihood of a summer delivery I'll cancel. There are other cars worth pining over, let alone a 2019 Mustang GT for c.Ā£40k and a massive saving.

Digger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I've just spoken to a friend who ordered in June 2018, was given a VIN and after a few delays was promised delivery end July/early August only to be told today his car hasn't been built! He's been switched to 2020 MY and is hopping mad as you can imagine.
I got told the same, that its possible that I would get a 2020 model instead. Apparently, according to rep I spoke to, orders were given delivery dates that were incorrect (my original date was Dec 2018 but I was advised at the time that this was unlikely) but it was assumed they were correct and therefore ignored at the other end of the system. Hence the delay. Or Ford is run by idiots. Its hard to tell...

Digger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Geeze. I just placed an order a couple weeks ago after Ford announced a second allocation of Bullitt Mustangs for the UK. I obviously don't have any sort of build date yet but looking at this thread I wonder if I will be waiting until 2022 for a Bullitt. I'll give it until about March 2020 and if there isn't any likelihood of a summer delivery I'll cancel. There are other cars worth pining over, let alone a 2019 Mustang GT for c.Ā£40k and a massive saving.
I would wager money that you get yours before any of us! :)

Jimbo85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I have some movement... System checked today and build date now showing 9th Sept '19.

Great to see something, as had nothing since over-running the estimated delivery date of Feb this year. Hopefully not too far away now

"Build date"... Is that usually the start of build or built by date?

Digger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I have some movement... System checked today and build date now showing 9th Sept '19.

Great to see something, as had nothing since over-running the estimated delivery date of Feb this year. Hopefully not too far away now

I was told this morning that my build date is the 4th Sept. Not sure what that means in terms of delivery...

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It's "Blend date", the date all the disparate parts of the car are scheduled to come together into a single unit, near the end of production.

Jimbo85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
It's "Blend date", the date all the disparate parts of the car are scheduled to come together into a single unit, near the end of production.
Awesome! Of course, I expect there to be some delay, but that is good to know. I was thinking a couple of months to build after my date of 9th Sept and then another month sailing across the pond & hanging around at the ports. Great news, thanks Zooks. 2019 is a possibility :fingerscrossed:

dagobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost , Ford S-Max, Mustang Bullitt since 07/2019
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s really horrible what Ford does with its european customers. I ordered my Bullitt on 07/18/18 and Iā€˜m so happy now to take my baby home from the dealership next saturday.
Ford Europe isnā€™t to blame for everything. There is a lack of information and customer service. But they have no influence on building date and production planning in Flat Rock.
I you have your VIN at last you can check your windows sticker.
If you are switched to MY 2020 you can expect your car as a christmas present at best.
Keep on. Anyone here in Germany who got the Bullitt at last said it was worth waiting.

Tobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TTS
I ordered in January 2019.
I got my VIN at April, 29th.
And since that day the Bullitts status is ā€žIn Order Processingā€œ.
No information from my dealer, no information from Ford, it is just annoying.
I wonder if they still want to construct the car at all - they should already be switching to the 2020 model

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I wonder if they still want to construct the car at all - they should already be switching to the 2020 model
If a 2019 hasn't been scheduled for production by now, it won't be. Current production scheduling is for 2020 models.
Sponsored