Sponsored

Anyone still waiting for their export market Bullitt?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I paid a deposit for my UK specification Bullitt 12 months ago and it's been on the order system for 10 months. I'm now told that it was not built on the scheduled date (the blend date was March 11th). The dealer says they haven't a clue why. They don't seem to have a direct channel of communication with Ford in the US.

Is anyone else in the same boat still waiting for their export model Bullitt?

Does anyone have a contact/email of anyone that can find out what is going on?

Richard
Sponsored

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
Hi Richard
Im from Sweden and also have a bullitt on order. I payd a deposit in september 2018 and I had a build date dec 27. Then the build date was moved to mid March and now the latest news id build date april 15.
Al my dealer now was that the factory had som problem. I realy hope that my Bullitt will be built in april, no more delays.

Mike

Jimbo85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Hi Richard,

I'm in a very similar position. I started my enquiries last Feb/March and ended up hoping for one of two allocations for a dealer near home in West Yorkshire....Meanwhile, I found one down south that took my deposit in July.

The order was confirmed later that month, with an expected delivery of Feb'19...although I guess this was purely speculative. As far as I knew, Ford Stores were allocated two each, but the one I secured one in, had 14 confirmed orders.

Still no news on VIN, build or delivery date, but I guess delivery will be around 2mnths after I hear of a confirmed build date.

Mine's booked in at Reep for PPF, who are also waiting patiently There has been another Bullitt there recently and now a handful seen on Auto Trader for sale... I can almost smell it

Jim

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Hi Richard
Im from Sweden and also have a bullitt on order. I payd a deposit in september 2018 and I had a build date dec 27. Then the build date was moved to mid March and now the latest news id build date april 15.
Al my dealer now was that the factory had som problem. I realy hope that my Bullitt will be built in april, no more delays.

Mike
It seems my Bullitt might have had the same manufacturing problem. I wonder what it was? I now have a new delivery date to the UK from the dealer of May 11th. My original delivery date was July 2018. I'll keep my fingers crossed this is the last delay :thumbsup:

Keep my fingers crossed for you also Mike :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Hi Richard,

I'm in a very similar position. I started my enquiries last Feb/March and ended up hoping for one of two allocations for a dealer near home in West Yorkshire....Meanwhile, I found one down south that took my deposit in July.

The order was confirmed later that month, with an expected delivery of Feb'19...although I guess this was purely speculative. As far as I knew, Ford Stores were allocated two each, but the one I secured one in, had 14 confirmed orders.

Still no news on VIN, build or delivery date, but I guess delivery will be around 2mnths after I hear of a confirmed build date.

Mine's booked in at Reep for PPF, who are also waiting patiently There has been another Bullitt there recently and now a handful seen on Auto Trader for sale... I can almost smell it

Jim
Hi Jim

As you know export Mustangs don't show up on customer order tracking. So I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of communication. Not by my dealership but from the factory. It's a bit disheartening seeing them sitting around unsold in lots in the US. I travel extensively and have just returned from Louisiana and saw a couple sat around there (I always call in if a see a Ford sign :) )

Hope you get a VIN soon :thumbsup:

Richard

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
It seems my Bullitt might have had the same manufacturing problem. I wonder what it was?
There was a 3-week strike at a bunch of supplier plants in Matamoros, Mexico, in January. As a result, the Mustang line at Flat Rock shut down for 3 weeks from 1/17 through 2/11 due to a widespread parts shortage. When parts began to flow again, they restarted the line, but built up to 8000 cars without steering wheels through 2/25. Those cars were parked at the Flat Rock plant awaiting installation of the steering wheels.

A number of cars caught up in that situation are now in transit to dealers, so things are getting back to normal. Current official Ford position is that everything should be back on track bay "late April", if not sooner.

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
There was a 3-week strike at a bunch of supplier plants in Matamoros, Mexico, in January. As a result, the Mustang line at Flat Rock shut down for 3 weeks from 1/17 through 2/11 due to a widespread parts shortage. When parts began to flow again, they restarted the line, but built up to 8000 cars without steering wheels through 2/25. Those cars were parked at the Flat Rock plant awaiting installation of the steering wheels.

A number of cars caught up in that situation are now in transit to dealers, so things are getting back to normal. Current official Ford position is that everything should be back on track bay "late April", if not sooner.
Thanks for the information Zooks527

I made direct contact with Ford Europe through contact details that have been passed on to me and got this response: 'Good Morning Richard. Your Mustang is showing as assembly offline at Flatrock. It is yet to be released from the plant.'

So maybe this means it's waiting for parts? Does anyone know?

Richard

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I made direct contact with Ford Europe through contact details that have been passed on to me and got this response: 'Good Morning Richard. Your Mustang is showing as assembly offline at Flatrock. It is yet to be released from the plant.'
"Assembly offline" means that it has completed its run on the production line and is now awaiting some non-standard work before it will be released for shipment. My car, built without a steering wheel, came off the production line and went to the side on February 18. It was finally completed and released for shipment on March 16.

It could be off to the side waiting for a steering wheel to be fitted (this is the only part that came up short when production resumed). Alternately, it could be to the side for correction of an issue found during the QC process (i.e. a squeak found during rolling testing), or, with low probability, it could have been pulled aside for road testing (which happens to a very small percentage of the cars).

Ontheedge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019 K6383
Thank you zooks527 for the info hope that its delivery time for your bullitt very chortly Richard

UKRedball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Shadow Edition
Yep - Im still waiting. Like you, paid the deposit months before many of the other cars that have since been delivered. I now have a build date of 27th April. I dont appreciate being treated like a mug by Ford. They have sold to numerous flippers in the UK, there are currently at least 3 on Autotrader, many get put on there days after the "customers" have taken delivery.

For me, I wanted the Bullitt as a special car, when it was at least still new. I bought a Shaddow edition Roadster when I paid the deposit for the Bullitt so I had something for the summer.

Being told the car wasnt going to be built until months after other people in the UK had taken delivery, driven and then flipped the car was the last straw for me.

Ive been to Tesla, paid the deposit and had notifications in the last 3 weeks that it went to build, has now been built and is on its way to me. Total 23 days from paying deposit to the car being on its way to me. Ford have had my deposit on the Bullitt for about a year and havent even built it yet. Ive also got figures from Mclaren on a lightly used 720s for a summer toy.

In total, Im now looking at a total spend of about quater of a million quid with other manufacturers and wont bother looking at special edition Fords again because they chose to build out of deposit order and let dealers sell to regular flippers. The raptor I was interested in for a muck vehicle will now be a Navara or Hilux. Companies get one chance to treat me like a valued customer, and Ford blew it.

Good luck to whoever gets my Bullitt, I'm sure they will enjoy it and I will miss out on a bit of fun, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea and I don't need to give Ford my money if they can't deliver cars in order of deposits.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I donā€™t think Iā€™m quite as annoyed as you seem to be but it is frustrating. I didnā€™t really want the car until summer as itā€™ll be dry use only but time is marching on ...

Digger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I donā€™t think Iā€™m quite as annoyed as you seem to be but it is frustrating. I didnā€™t really want the car until summer as itā€™ll be dry use only but time is marching on ...
I ordered mine in June of last year and still have no details, VIN number, build date etc. Considering employing some sort of physic to get an update. Extremely frustrating that Ford see fit to treat customers this way but I suspect they know that anyone ordering a Bullitt is unlikely to walk away.
Any tips/contact details of who to harass for info?

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I paid a deposit for my UK specification Bullitt 12 months ago and it's been on the order system for 10 months. I'm now told that it was not built on the scheduled date (the blend date was March 11th). The dealer says they haven't a clue why. They don't seem to have a direct channel of communication with Ford in the US.

Is anyone else in the same boat still waiting for their export model Bullitt?

Does anyone have a contact/email of anyone that can find out what is going on?

Richard
Hi - Itā€™s not just you export market folks that have to wait. In the U.S. if you are buying in a small market area, in my case western NY, you might have to wait as long. I put my name (3rd on a list) about this time last year. When the allocations were made, my dealer only got one car allotted. #2 on the list dropped out and it wasnā€™t until late October that they got a second allocation. My car apparently got caught in the February supply / shutdown delay as well but Iā€™m told it was manufactured and scheduled for delivery next week. That a whole year, but I made a decision to be patient and our weather precludes using it until now anyway. I remember thinking at one time ā€œWhy are they exporting cars when the canā€™t even satisfy the U.S. demand for a car based on a U.S. movie.ā€ How selfish of me! So, donā€™t feel youā€™ve been overly discriminated against by (Fix Or Repair Daily) FORD. It does bug me a little also when flippers and collectors, who donā€™t plan to drive and enjoy their cars, get their wants satisfied, but nobody ever said life is fair. Next time I make an entry, I hope itā€™s about receiving my Bullitt and being a happy camper... Bruce

Jimbo85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
My dealer in the South of the UK had 14 orders confirmed and of all of them, three have been delivered and all of those did not have magna ride.... Not sure if this has anything to do with the delay in production or just a coincidence.

I guess the latter, as some of those flips had magna In any case, I hope mine arrives before summer

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
My dealer in the South of the UK had 14 orders confirmed and of all of them, three have been delivered and all of those did not have magna ride.... Not sure if this has anything to do with the delay in production or just a coincidence.

I guess the latter, as some of those flips had magna In any case, I hope mine arrives before summer
I ordered MagnaRide and the Electronics Pkg and hope I get them because I remember the dealership saying that depending on availability, some options may not be available. So I have my fingers crossed... Bruce
Sponsored