Sponsored

Anyone sell an R and REALLY regret it? I know....

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I decided to sell my R a while back and put it up in a few places with a not-aggressive price, as my heart wasn't really into selling it. It's STILL not 100% into it but I've started to lower the price a bit to the area that I've seen other used Rs sell for. I just want to build another car - I like turning wrenches and these cars are pretty well sorted the way they come. Anyone sell theirs and realize it was a terrible mistake?

PS - I know this is an invite for the trolls - one douche-canoe, in particular...thank god for the block feature (so keep in mind, if you reply, I'm not going to see it, which makes it even that much dumber, on your part).
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I was very close to pulling the trigger on getting a GC Trackhawk and was getting a pretty good trade in on the R. Things didn’t work out and I’m glad they didn’t. I know I’d regret it now that the weather has broke. There honestly isn’t a car for the price that I would want more. I went to Bondurant 3 years ago for the Viper school and the car was fun, but there was nothing appealing about the engine note, especially at or near redline....and that would be the only car I would consider offloading my R for.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
In my opinion now is the worst time to sell an R. The used market is very soft with the GT500 coming. In my opinion prices will stabilize once that car comes out. (It won’t be for everyone, especially if it approaches six figures) I’ve seen Rs with hardly any miles sit at a $65k price tag. IMO I would wait it out.

On the plus side, you save on a case of oil per month if you sell the R (kidding)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was shocked to see you lower your price like you did. I agree, timing is not good right now. So many people are counting on the fact that the 500 will flood the market with people dumping thier Rs or that the '19MY will flood the market. It seems that is the perception and is driving current pricing.

Well, the story is about half right, people like you are lowering the prices for what? I gathered it was not your intent to sell recently and then this. My TY R is for sale also, but it's not a fire sale. If nobody buys it, it doesn't Change anything. I'm still getting a 500.

It will come to be that the 500 will be way out of reach for most due to low production for 2020 and the crazy ADMs that will be demanded. Furthermore, MY19 will yield very low R production. It is at that point that they will either wait or take another path. Its kind of funny, even after 5 production years, the R has mostly (and still does) command an ADM.

My crystal ball is in the shop, so only time will tell. Best of luck with your fire sale.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I did not have an R, but i too found that i missed the tinkering. And as evidenced by some of the most common mods being splitter stickers and PPF, it is a well sorted car and also expensive to modify past that point. Couple that with warranty fears and i felt handcuffed.

To me, it would depend on what you were planning on going to next...that white R is beautiful.

Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I sold my 17R... Tried a few other cars in between... They just weren’t doing it for me. So, I bought an 18R. Couldn’t be happier. It goes well with the Raptor

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
I was shocked to see you lower your price like you did. I agree, timing is not good right now. So many people are counting on the fact that the 500 will flood the market with people dumping thier Rs or that the '19MY will flood the market. It seems that is the perception and is driving current pricing.

Well, the story is about half right, people like you are lowering the prices for what? I gathered it was not your intent to sell recently and then this. My TY R is for sale also, but it's not a fire sale. If nobody buys it, it doesn't Change anything. I'm still getting a 500.

It will come to be that the 500 will be way out of reach for most due to low production for 2020 and the crazy ADMs that will be demanded. Furthermore, MY19 will yield very low R production. It is at that point that they will either wait or take another path. Its kind of funny, even after 5 production years, the R has mostly (and still does) command an ADM.

My crystal ball is in the shop, so only time will tell. Best of luck with your fire sale.

Tomster,

Does that crystal ball you claim you have in your shop work for stocks? If so, ask it if I should hold or sell my Alibaba stock?:bandit: Thanks in advance.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tomster,

Does that crystal ball you claim you have in your shop work for stocks? If so, ask it if I should hold or sell my Alibaba stock?:bandit: Thanks in advance.
I've been informed by the crytal ball shop that it is beyond repair. I think I need a new one. Maybe I'll lower the price on my R so that I can move it and get it off the lot. I'll then take money and put it towards a new one. The problem is that the newest latest and greatest crystal balls have a huge 25k ADM.

I guess it's back to the question, should I sell my R? Do you think I'd regret it?

Back on topic.....

Jeff if you have to sell it, then sell it. I'm finding that for all the reasons listed above, you are going to take an unecessary hit. But what do I know?

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
I've been informed by the crytal ball shop that it is beyond repair. I think I need a new one. Maybe I'll lower the price on my R so that I can move it and get it off the lot. I'll then take money and put it towards a new one. The problem is that the newest latest and greatest crystal balls have a huge 25k ADM.

I guess it's back to the question, should I sell my R? Do you think I'd regret it?

Back on topic.....

Jeff if you have to sell it, then sell it. I'm finding that for all the reasons listed above, you are going to take an unecessary hit. But what do I know?
If it handles stocks I'm good on the 25G ADM.

Now back on topic, I haven't followed the R market long enough to give an expert opinion but I'd sell and move on.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If it handles stocks I'm good on the 25G ADM.

Now back on topic, I haven't followed the R market long enough to give an expert opinion but I'd sell and move on.
I have. If he has to sell, that's one thing but.....

It is my opinion that his perceived value has been temporarily and artificially deflated due to the 500. If I were him, I'd wait until the performance numbers came out. The whole reason the 350 is sticking around is to satisfy the third pedal crowd.

Nobody's buying because they are waiting to see what the 500 will bring. This is a big reason the prices have dipped. Another reason is this hysteria about oil consumption. God forbid a GT350 engine uses any oil at all. People are choosing to buy new instead of used because of this mass hysteria. Oh, and BTW, my dealership is asking a 5K ADM and the dealership in the Midwest that I bought my base R from is asking a 10K ADM.

Again, my crystal ball is broken. IMHO, Once the 500 hype dies down, and the buying public is looking for one of the best track focused car in history (at this price point), the market will change yet again. I've seen this up and down cycle for various reasons over the last 3 years. Although the 500 is the next "thing", I don't think it will replace a GT350R due to weight, balance, FPC NA engine, and the third pedal. Keep in mind, very few will be willing to stomach a huge ADM on the 500. Another reason not to sell unless you have a deal made. I know Jeff does, but anyone else who doesn't is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

You don't buy a car like this as an investment. You buy them to drive and have fun. Last I heard, he loved his car. Here we are...… Again, I'm shocked.

If I was Jeff, and I could afford to keep it for a while, I would.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Dude!!! I was in the same predicament as you a few months ago and most recently about 3 weeks ago. First it was for a GT3 and most recently for a not so fast car but something to work on track and enjoy it. It was an Alfa Romeo GTV6 lol. I blame the GrandTour episode with the Alfa, damn it Clarkson! Any how, a few very good friends helped me make a decision but it wasn't a unanimous vote, 2/1 in favor of the R. My ultimate confirmation for me was meeting the owners of a 1965 GT350 over the weekend. The couple shared the history of the car and how became part of the family. This GT350 was car 289 of 562. 289!?!?! What luck! Being that I had similar history with #33 as this family had with their 350, it cemented my decision to not sell the car.
FB_IMG_1554824815595.jpg
20190406_113144.jpg

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
I have. If he has to sell, that's one thing but.....

It is my opinion that his perceived value has been temporarily and artificially deflated due to the 500. If I were him, I'd wait until the performance numbers came out. The whole reason the 350 is sticking around is to satisfy the third pedal crowd.

Nobody's buying because they are waiting to see what the 500 will bring. This is a big reason the prices have dipped. Another reason is this hysteria about oil consumption. God forbid a GT350 engine uses any oil at all. People are choosing to buy new instead of used because of this mass hysteria. Oh, and BTW, my dealership is asking a 5K ADM and the dealership in the Midwest that I bought my base R from is asking a 10K ADM.

Again, my crystal ball is broken. IMHO, Once the 500 hype dies down, and the buying public is looking for one of the best track focused car in history (at this price point), the market will change yet again. I've seen this up and down cycle for various reasons over the last 3 years. Although the 500 is the next "thing", I don't think it will replace a GT350R due to weight, balance, FPC NA engine, and the third pedal. Keep in mind, very few will be willing to stomach a huge ADM on the 500. Another reason not to sell unless you have a deal made. I know Jeff does, but anyone else who doesn't is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

You don't buy a car like this as an investment. You buy them to drive and have fun. Last I heard, he loved his car. Here we are...… Again, I'm shocked.

If I was Jeff, and I could afford to keep it for a while, I would.
I don't know Jeff, so I can't speak on his behalf but it does boil down to " and I could afford to keep it for a while, I would".

On another note, I walked past your favorite soup kitchen on the way home from my office last night!! :inspect:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I don't know Jeff, so I can't speak on his behalf but it does boil down to " and I could afford to keep it for a while, I would".

On another note, I walked past your favorite soup kitchen on the way home from my office last night!! :inspect:
Yea, that was a fun thread. Its a shame it had to be taken down.

As for the topic of the thread, unless there is something that I don't know, I don't think Jeff is in a fire sale situation. The ship isn't sinking, so I wouldn't sell me R for less than it was really worth. Heck, near those numbers, I'd probably start looking at a trade or a sale. I heard someone recently got a good deal at a CarMax.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Yea, that was a fun thread. Its a shame it had to be taken down.

As for the topic of the thread, unless there is something that I don't know, I don't think Jeff is in a fire sale situation. The ship isn't sinking, so I wouldn't sell me R for less than it was really worth. Heck, near those numbers, I'd probably start looking at a trade or a sale. I heard someone recently got a good deal at a CarMax.
I don't know what he was willing to sell it for but one thing I do know is it's only worth what someone is willing to pay it for. Let's face it, the luxury market in general is weak no matter how good they tell you the economy is.

and that thread was hysterical, still not sure if that person was for real.LOL
soup .jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what he was willing to sell it for but one thing I do know is it's only worth what someone is willing to pay it for. Let's face it, the luxury market in general is weak no matter how good they tell you the economy is.

and that thread was hysterical, still not sure if that person was for real.LOL
soup .jpg
Man, that place looks dirty.

Yea, its his business, that was until he posted here, lol.
Sponsored