Sponsored

Anyone seen a comparison of the exhaust betweem the active and the non active.

LastNightsPants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT M6 PP1
Im buying a new 2018 gt with pp1

Has anyone seen a comparison of the active exhaust and the normal exhaust. Im looking at models and some cars with features i want and am able to find dont have the active exhaust. So im trying to see how much i want that or not.
Sponsored

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Im buying a new 2018 gt with pp1

Has anyone seen a comparison of the active exhaust and the normal exhaust. Im looking at models and some cars with features i want and am able to find dont have the active exhaust. So im trying to see how much i want that or not.
I'm assuming that 'normal' mode on the active exhaust is what a non AE equipped Mustang sounds like. If so, it's fairly throaty in it's own right. But unless you're planning to revamp the stock exhaust system, go for the active exhaust. Sport mode is worth it.

OP
OP
LastNightsPants

LastNightsPants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT M6 PP1
I'm assuming that 'normal' mode on the active exhaust is what a non AE equipped Mustang sounds like. If so, it's fairly throaty in it's own right. But unless you're planning to revamp the stock exhaust system, go for the active exhaust. Sport mode is worth it.
I test drove one with the active exhaust and loved it. I'm just trying to see how much better it is.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I went with the active exhaust on mine. I figured I would end up paying for an aftermarket cat-back anyhow, so I might as well just get the factory option. The active exhaust was low on my priority list when I was shopping. I'm glad I got it though.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Get the active exhaust, worth every penny.
Sponsored