Sponsored

Anyone running longtubes with MBRP Race system?

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Hey guys,

Just curious if anyone is running LT’s with the MBRP Race Catback.

I currently have the catback on my car, and thinking about adding LT’s & intake as well.

Anyone running the MBRP Race Catback with LT’s here??
Sponsored

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
I did on my 15 but I immediately had some resonators welded in to tone down the volume and rasp. That said I will be putting the same setup back on my 18 when I get around to it.

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I fear to put LTH's on, I have the same catback. Cold starts are already summoning something from hell so good thing my neighbors are car people lol. I would also love to hear of performance and sound changes with LTH's though. I just installed my CAI about an hour ago woot-woot!!!

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
I did on my 15 but I immediately had some resonators welded in to tone down the volume and rasp. That said I will be putting the same setup back on my 18 when I get around to it.
Did you run catted or non catted LT’s??

Did it have a good note to it without the resonators?? Just too loud for you??

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
I fear to put LTH's on, I have the same catback. Cold starts are already summoning something from hell so good thing my neighbors are car people lol. I would also love to hear of performance and sound changes with LTH's though. I just installed my CAI about an hour ago woot-woot!!!
Haha, I wouldn’t mind some more volume to be honest with you. I do like to super deep tone, but I think LT’s would add in some rasp and more burbles as well.

Awesome congrats! What did you go with??

Sponsored

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Haha, I wouldn’t mind some more volume to be honest with you. I do like to super deep tone, but I think LT’s would add in some rasp and more burbles as well.

Awesome congrats! What did you go with??
Ended up wiith the Roush, I like the aesthetics of it and contrary to the installation docs/vids etc, I did not have to remove or cut my engine cover to install it. Next will be a simple tune since it's my daily driver.

adam2017pp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Im running mbrp catless long tubes with that catback, its loud but not to raspy in my opinion. Also has a nice deeper tone to it

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
How much louder is this setup compared to just the Race Catback would you say??

I’m assuming that some raspy ness is added as well, and I’m assuming it’s more burbling on decel

ZutaL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have that on my car! it sounds very deep , it has some drone on 6 gear but i love it !

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
I have that on my car! it sounds very deep , it has some drone on 6 gear but i love it !
My MBRP Race Catback drones. Did you run just the Catback before the longtubes?? If so, what changes did you notice once you added the longtubes?

Sponsored

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
I just had the MBRP LTH installed however, I have the MBRP street catback. I can definitely say, that i'm 100% sure, that shit will be Godly loud. The good thing about my setup is that its got character at idle and minimal throttle but thunder and lightning strike when I creep over 3K.

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Are your longtubes catted or catless?

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Also, did you run your street Catback before the longtubes install?? If so, how much volume did the longtubes add??

Did they add more burbles and pops during decel over just the Catback?

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
Also, did you run your street Catback before the longtubes install?? If so, how much volume did the longtubes add??

Did they add more burbles and pops during decel over just the Catback?
I have the catted MBRP LTH. I ran the Street cat back for 4/5 months before getting LTH. The change is very noticeable. I went with cats because I didn't want the over powering smell of gas in the cabin and also to tame the sound a bit. At idle there's an audible change in the signature of the sound and the volume is SLIGHTLY LOUDER. However, the street cat back gained its attitude up under acceleration and higher rpm ranges. With the LTH installed, THAT IS WHERE THE FUCKING GREEK GODS BATTLE IN THE SKY but my exhaust now lol. When I accelerate that shit it ungodly lol. I love it! So in a nutshell, just fuckin do it!