OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
With a Corsa system, at 75-80 mph in 6th the exhaust is almost silent. It’s only as loud as you want it to be when you press down on the throttle (the harder/longer you press, the louder it gets).
Maybe without an H-pipe it is. With my current H-pipe doubt it would sound much different than my Flowmasters at that speed/6th. Like I said, my car is pretty quiet in 6th at that speed. I just hear a little bit of the exhaust, which I like :)
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

flyinghunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
But I’m fine with the 40 series Flows and the black pipes. Looks and sounds way better than stock.
Agree. I have over 10k miles w Flowmaster + H Pipe. Very happy with "old school" sound thats much better than stock.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
After hearing more videos of Flowmasters placed before the axle, mid-mounted, I'm convinced the placement of Flowmasters has a big effect on the exhaust note. I ordered a pair of Flowmasters 10-series, 1 chamber muffler, and I'll get them welded in my vehicle. I currently have an H-Pipe, no muffler setup with 4 inch double wall tips out back. It'll be very easy and cheap to have them installed. There's also enough room to have the pair of mufflers placed just behind the H-Pipe, before the axle. If I don't like the sound the Flowmasters produce, I'll cut them out and I'll go back to no muffler. I'll take pictures underneath my car and eventually a video.

[ame]

UPDATE: Took it to a muffler shop and had it hoisted up. While two 1 chambers can fit mid-mounted, I would have to redo the exhaust piping for this to happen. I'm not wanting to go this route for a setup I potentially could not like. Option 2 would be to have a 1 chamber, dual in dual out muffler, welded right after the H-Pipe. This route would be as plug and play as you can get, fit's perfectly in the space, so this is the route I will take. $65 for the muffler, $50 for the install/weld.

Last edited:

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Had the Flowmaster 10 series muffler installed today. Went from no muffler + H-Pipe to a single dual in/dual out Flowmaster 10 series muffler + H-Pipe. Had the muffler installed/welded mid-mounted right after the H-Pipe.

Initial thoughts, surprisingly, the setup is louder on the outside compared to no muffler while being quieter on the inside. I had some drone with no mufflers but it's even more minimal with the Flowmaster. Sound wise, very deep, very throaty. Zero airiness or raspiness with the tone, something I could hear in videos when the Flowmaster mufflers are welded behind the axle, below the rear bumper. Also, the muffler really cleaned up the tone from 5,500-7,000rpms. The no muffler setup can sound raw in this range if you're not going full throttle.

From 0-4,000rpms, it's the classic Flowmaster deep throaty rumble. After 4,000rpms, you begin to hear more of the Coyote's tone the higher you get in the powerband. This is exactly what I was looking for with the exhaust note, we'll call it a success.
Sponsored