Sponsored

Anyone move to the GT350 from a C7 Stingray?

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
That's sweet. Kids are a gas ain't they. :thumbsup:
yea, one of my kids propel shat he had so much built up....!

EDIT- uh..... I read that wrong...
Sponsored

Last edited:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I cant find any 996 GT3 for under 65k.
No kidding not to mention the 996 is almost 20 years old. Good luck with maintenance.

Again not sure why porsche is mentioned when the thread is about a C7 or GT350. :frusty:

Sponsored

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
they have gone up! best I found was the one you probably found at $66k. My father bought his in the $50k range with 30k miles in 2008-9. Maintenance is not too bad, at least on ours

[/url]GT350_GT3 by ldp82, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The roofs STILL squeek? I had an '09 Vette and with only 12K mi on it, the roof squeaked all the time. Sounded like I was driving a '72 Pickup truck. Drove me crazy eventually. Tried all the "fixes" on the Corvette forum and nothing worked.

Now back in a Mustang, I have to say as far as being livable, the Mustang is way better. Better visibility, easier to get in/out of, less road/tire noise. And no squeaky roof!
It's more of a rattle or creaking I guess.

At the risk of admitting I'm getting old, I definitely agree on the easier ingress-egress of the GT350, and outward visibility

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. Look at under 10 years old, and you reach 6 figures... I don't know why it's even mentioned here.

If I was to splash 100k on a car, I would definitely not look at Porsche. No matter how good it is; it's still a beetle.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
C7 or GT350?

Really depends on how you plan to use the car. Will it be used as a DD, weekend toy, track car? All of the above?

Hard to give someone advice without knowing much about them or the intended use. I was a Vette guy for many years. Still like them, but haven't owned a Vette since the C7 came out (don't care for the looks - call me shallow).

As many have said, the car is special... I was expecting the car to feel slow, but it doesn't (if you know how to keep the revs up). Not as fast as some of my other cars, but it is one of the most confidence inspiring cars on the track I've ever driven... plus it just flat sounds amazing. Take a GT350 on the track and I can't see how you wouldn't fall in love.

Just search the Randy Pobst GT350 R video on Youtube. "Buy one, you won't be disappointed."
^This.

I currently have both. 2015 c7 z51 and 2017 GT350

• I've had both on the track.
  • I've driven both across the state.
  • I've had both for about 8 months.
  • Both are stock.
  • The Vette is auto
I prefer the GT350. However, I might prefer the c7 if it was a manual Grand Sport.

Here's some anecdotal information to go with this
I was able to turn a few seconds quicker in the GT350 at PBIR on the same track day. Both have the same tires. Both aired to about 28PSI cold.
Later on at Sebring in the GT350, I've found that I passed all the c7s except for the c7 zo6. However, I could hang with the Z06 and even pass a few. These cars are so close in performance ability on a road course. Lap times mostly come down to driver and variations in track temp.
That being said, I enjoy both on the track.

Why I prefer the GT350:
  • Sound
  • 8250 redline
  • big brakes
  • Uniqueness
  • The GPS (I know)
  • Interior design and space
  • More compliments from people
  • I like the muscle car ambiance of it.
  • Forscan abilities

What I like more about the c7:
  • lighter weight
  • Exterior styling
  • It hooks up
  • Explosive exhaust sounds during shifts :D
  • Tire temp readings

What I don't like about the GT350:
  • Heavy
  • small gas tank
  • lug torque specs too high
  • ADM (even though I paid MSRP) If there was no ADM on an R, I'd have one.
What I don't like about the c7:
  • Interior is a bit cheap and cheezy
  • The roof is squeeky
  • Passenger leg room too small
  • Brakes too small
  • OnStar (barf)
  • No real GPS
  • No forscan like abilities
  • annoying chimes and horn warnings
  • door buttons instead of door handles

Obviously, these are not major things. That's why I could see myself owning a Grand Sport manual, and loving it. The c7 is mainly the wife's car, I'm working on it.

Hope that helps with your decision. :cheers:
^Well put.

I had both a C7 Stingray (twice actually- a Z51 coupe and then a Z51 convertible) and then a C7 Z06.... all 3 were manuals. Yes I liked them (still do) but the Z06 was unreliable for repetitive track use. If I were to get a C7 again, it'll be the Grand Sport coupe and manual. Best feature I liked was the PDR option and rev matching was cool too... and I liked the styling since it was a game changer & revolutionary for the Corvette generation line.

Fun factor, the GT350 because hitting the 8250 redline at 140+ is :headbang:
Have a listen:

I ran them both stock though, so I would rather wait until I had proper track alignment dialed in before I commit to which one has the better feel. Stock vs stock though, the c7 felt better, but I was able to turn faster lap times in the GT350. It might just be because I felt more comfortable in the GT350 since that's what I drive the most.
That's a good run at Sebring... I never pushed mine that hard/fast to get a low:30's... my personal best on the GT350 Track pack was mid:30's. But (since Porsche is so dear to everyone's hearts here :lol: )my personal best so far in my bone stock GT4 on Kumho street tires was a 2:28 at Sebring... that car just oozes confidence and you can push it to 9/10ths w/o too much fear. Anyway... back to the GT350 vs. C7 channel.... just keep Porsches out of this since there really is no substitute anyway. :D

[ame]

[ame]

I had the opportunity to finally drive a C7 Z06 and had I'd done it sooner, I probably wouldn't have my GT350. I really liked the feeling of having usable power from 1000RPM on, plus the ability to remove the targa top on nice days. With that said, I'm still happy with my GT350 but have the Vette itch at the moment.
Yup that bottom-end torque is much more usable.... even on the track = faster exits. But the GT350 is no slouch at all IMO so stay happy and enjoy it. All these cars are fast & fun anyway...

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
^This.

^Well put.

I had both a C7 Stingray (twice actually- a Z51 coupe and then a Z51 convertible) and then a C7 Z06.... all 3 were manuals. Yes I liked them (still do) but the Z06 was unreliable for repetitive track use. If I were to get a C7 again, it'll be the Grand Sport coupe and manual. Best feature I liked was the PDR option and rev matching was cool too... and I liked the styling since it was a game changer & revolutionary for the Corvette generation line.

That's a good run at Sebring... I never pushed mine that hard/fast to get a low:30's... my personal best on the GT350 Track pack was mid:30's. But (since Porsche is so dear to everyone's hearts here :lol: )my personal best so far in my bone stock GT4 on Kumho street tires was a 2:28 at Sebring... that car just oozes confidence and you can push it to 9/10ths w/o too much fear. Anyway... back to the GT350 vs. C7 channel.... just keep Porsches out of this since there really is no substitute anyway. :D

Yup that bottom-end torque is much more usable.... even on the track = faster exits. But the GT350 is no slouch at all IMO so stay happy and enjoy it. All these cars are fast & fun anyway...
You still have the GT4? What year is it? Doesn't the GT4 have 6 banger?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
You still have the GT4? What year is it? Doesn't the GT4 have 6 banger?
Yeah since last Sept so itā€™s actually my second GT4 lol... I know I know I shouldnā€™t have sold the first one but I made profit. All GT4ā€™s are MY2016 and has the 991.1ā€™s Carrera S engine.... all motor flat-6 detuned to 385hp/309tq but it can fly thru corners and rotates very well.

BTT..... GM is blowing out the C7s again with major discounts still. They just make too many of these.... good bang for the buck but donā€™t over produce, sheesh.

tlisotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F80 M3; 997.1
If looking at a C7 - look hard at the Grand Sport if going to the track. My buddy has one and it is a great car on the track. Easily modded as well. He is running close to 600HP. We have a lot of fun at the track together. I have the 350R and love it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
BTT..... GM is blowing out the C7s again with major discounts still. They just make too many of these.... good bang for the buck but donā€™t over produce, sheesh.
It's probably hard to predict demand. Coming mid-engine could really be slowing demand down right now. Plus winter is hanging on quite a bit longer than usual in the northern states this year.
Sponsored