Sponsored

Anyone make a glove box cover for switches/gauges?

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've been looking around for a blank glove box panel, but search has come up empty. Anyone know of a company making one for the s550?

I need to mount some stuff that will be rarely used and prefer the mostly hidden route for that type of thing

Something like this ish. And no I'm not putting gauges in my glove box.
Screenshot_20211204-160125~2.png

Hoping there is something out there so I don't have to fab my own.

Update edit:. Made my own, a few more pics further down in the thread. Figure the info might help someone down the line if they were searching like I was. No one makes one, have to make yourself. Here are the measurements for the panel I used. It will get you close, and should save ya some time

The back of the glovebox isn't square, but has flex to it. If you use my template a little pry tool in the back as you place it in will square up the box and it will slide right in. I used 3m adhesive to an angle bracket on the glovebox side. Small Velcro to hold the panel in place. No drilling the glove box, and can be removed entirely if wanted...like it was never there.

IMG_20211207_220146.jpg
IMG_20211207_215450.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking around for a blank glove box panel, but search has come up empty. Anyone know of a company making one for the s550?

I need to mount some stuff that will be rarely used and prefer the mostly hidden route for that type of thing

Something like this ish. And no I'm not putting gauges in my glove box.
Screenshot_20211204-160125~2.png

Hoping there is something out there so I don't have to fab my own.

Not a real good look, small toy looking instruments. Would be way better off fabing your own, or paying for it.

Bolts right on, or plug and play going to be next to impossible to find.

Saw a digital looking deal somewhere posted on the forum, year or so back. Looking at an instrument cluster located where the glove box lives, not real viewable.

Good luck

OP
OP
CarbonZ

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not a real good look, small toy looking instruments. Would be way better off fabing your own, or paying for it.

Bolts right on, or plug and play going to be next to impossible to find.

Saw a digital looking deal somewhere posted on the forum, year or so back. Looking at an instrument cluster located where the glove box lives, not real viewable.

Good luck
I'm looking for a blank panel not the exact pic that was just an example. Companies have made them for past cars I've owned so was hoping...

I will not be viewing anything in my glove box while driving. I need to mount the remote for my active wing somewhere and the glove box seems to be the best place. Out of the way but have access to it if I want to change modes or settings while parked.

It's not a hard thing to make. Just don't feel like making templates, and mounting solutions if it's already been done

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for a blank panel not the exact pic that was just an example. Companies have made them for past cars I've owned so was hoping...

I will not be viewing anything in my glove box while driving. I need to mount the remote for my active wing somewhere and the glove box seems to be the best place. Out of the way but have access to it if I want to change modes or settings while parked.

It's not a hard thing to make. Just don't feel like making templates, and mounting solutions if it's already been done

Totally missed that, what do the controller & electronics to be stored look like ?

https://www.allelectronics.com/category/490/project-boxes/1.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
CarbonZ

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Totally missed that, what do the controller & electronics to be stored look like ?
It's the silver box in the pic. I was gonna pull the top off and use it as a template for the cutouts to the glove box blank plate. Then just mount the remote( less top cover) to the underside.

Nothing saying I can't just stick the controller to the side of the glove box and be done with it but I like overcomplicating things.
IMG_20211127_182608.jpg

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are the red dots control buttons, it has an LCD display ?

Pretty cool looking, is there room in the glove box for the silver box to stand up, and have deep enough to close the door?

How about letting me have a link for the unit ? Nothing wrong with over overcomplicating some, usually results are better.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here’s how I mounted my Nitrous Outlet progressive controller in the glove box in my car. Your box may be close to the same size and can be mounted without a panel.

14856DA8-D677-4AF5-8D9B-F6BE45AD77BC.jpeg

OP
OP
CarbonZ

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Get a sheet of Kydex, carefully heat it up with a heat gun, make some 90 degree bends (using a square edge of a table of workbench), drill and rivet, or use industrial strength Velcro to hold it in place and you’re all set.

https://www.amazon.com/Small-Parts-KYDEX-V-Sheet/dp/B00KDMLJ0A
That's basically what I was thinking of doing if I have to, except using polycarbonate and some vinyl wrap. Was hoping I could just buy one for $50 bucks like I did with my other cars, but doesn't look like that'll be an option. Will give me something to do one weekend anyway this winter

Sponsored
OP
OP
CarbonZ

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are the red dots control buttons, it has an LCD display ?

Pretty cool looking, is there room in the glove box for the silver box to stand up, and have deep enough to close the door?

How about letting me have a link for the unit ? Nothing wrong with over overcomplicating some, usually results are better.
Yeah there is plenty of room. It's roughy only 4x3"s

Yeah LCD screen and the Red buttons allow for angle of attack adjustment, speed settings for when the angles change,. G force setting for airbrake, and just standard track/street settings.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Velco idea could work, put a spacer behind the back. Get the face of the controller flush with the front lip of the glove box. Flip the door open it's right there. Any space side to side can be filled, or offset it to the whole deal to driver side. Having a small storage area on the open end.

That is quite the mod you have there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CarbonZ

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well... made one today. Used polycarbonate, wrapped in cf. I'll redo the wrap later. I was in too much of a hurry to see if everything lined up and tightened down the screw before the wrap was set. Messed it up.

Anyway here it is turned out as I hoped, which is better than expected lol

IMG_20211207_185426.jpg

IMG_20211207_203845.jpg
IMG_20211207_214218.jpg
IMG_20211207_214228.jpg
IMG_20211207_220235.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well... made one today. Used polycarbonate, wrapped in cf. I'll redo the wrap later. I was in too much of a hurry to see if everything lined up and tightened down the screw before the wrap was set. Messed it up.

Anyway here it is turned out as I hoped, which is better than expected lol

IMG_20211207_185426.jpg

IMG_20211207_203845.jpg
IMG_20211207_214218.jpg
IMG_20211207_214228.jpg
IMG_20211207_220235.jpg

That's the ticket, :champagne: at your finger tips .