Sponsored

Anyone heat tires w/out line lock?

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Finally planning trip to the strip. Does anyone just use the rev limiter + brake for burnout? Seems to work fine with the minimal backroad tests ive done.

Not sure any downside other than burnout rpm would = launch rpm... but i figure 2400rpm could be enough for street tires?Thanks
Sponsored

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Finally planning trip to the strip. Does anyone just use the rev limiter + brake for burnout? Seems to work fine with the minimal backroad tests ive done.

Not sure any downside other than burnout rpm would = launch rpm... but i figure 2400rpm could be enough for street tires?Thanks
Why would you do this? It will shorten your rear brake pad life. We have line lock on these cars? You could always just turn off traction control and mash the pedal for a quick spin without using the brake or simply use line lock as it was intended to be used. Did you see my “how to” video on the line lock? It works like a champ!

OP
OP

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Yeah i know how the line lock works. This is fewer clicks before lining up the car. Not too concerned w rear brake life. Done it that way for a long time.

Plus seems some Ford Performance folks see it as an option too

I will see if i like it any better than line lock, hopefully next weekend.

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I followed what Ford showed in this video when I went to the track the first time. It works as advertised but I wish I could have gotten the tires a little warmer. Next time, lol.

clg82

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
With the HP our cars have there is no need for line lock, just turn off traction control mash the gas to get some heat in them and than let her rip!

OP
OP

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
With the HP our cars have there is no need for line lock, just turn off traction control mash the gas to get some heat in them and than let her rip!
Right. extra crap to do when staging when not needed unless you have a drag radial maybe
Sponsored