Sponsored

Anyone have a GT350 on 20" 6GR 7spoke wheels with 305/30 20 F and 315/30 20 R setup? Please post pics if you do!

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Hi All –

I am a bit lost in the Wheels and Tires section and need support, please.

I've decided I am going with the 6GR 7 spoke setup (20" 305/30 20 F and 315/30 20 R) and would like to see pics if anyone is running it.

If I am honest I partake only in light spirited driving and mainly go all out for roll races. I'm am debating 20s vs. the 19s for weekend driving.

Obviously because I am lowered on Steedas I am hesitant to go with 19s as 15% of the roads I use are in pitiful condition and 19s lower the car more I believe.
I am also partial about looks but looks alone is not a deal breaker.
I have seen 6GRs on 19s (LOUDCAR in particular) and I like them but wonder since I can keep my OEM 19s why not try 20s?

For example, are there any 6GR 19''owners that regret not getting 20s at the onset?

Any insight or comments on moving up to 20s would be helpful as well. Thanks!
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hi All –

I am a bit lost in the Wheels and Tires section and need support, please.

I've decided I am going with the 6GR 7 spoke setup (20" 305/30 20 F and 315/30 20 R) and would like to see pics if anyone is running it.

If I am honest I partake only in light spirited driving and mainly go all out for roll races. I'm am debating 20s vs. the 19s for weekend driving.

Obviously because I am lowered on Steedas I am hesitant to go with 19s as 15% of the roads I use are in pitiful condition and 19s lower the car more I believe.
I am also partial about looks but looks alone is not a deal breaker.
I have seen 6GRs on 19s (LOUDCAR in particular) and I like them but wonder since I can keep my OEM 19s why not try 20s?

For example, are there any 6GR 19''owners that regret not getting 20s at the onset?

Any insight or comments on moving up to 20s would be helpful as well. Thanks!
Check their site, they have tons of pics. @Need4SpeedMotors probably has some they can share too

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Hey this is Junior from Project 6GR, here are some photos of GT350's on 20" wheels. Unfortunately all on our Ten spokes haha. I think the 20" wheels look great. Fills in the wheel gap more and gives you more ground clearance since your car is lowered. Comparing it to the GT500 it does great in terms of performance on the 20" wheels so you aren't really losing much there. There really isn't much of a weight difference from the 19-20" wheels. Overall I think they are a great choice. If you have any other questions give us a call and we will help you out!
IMG_8023.jpg
IMG_8021.jpg
IMG_8022.jpg
IMG_8020.jpg
IMG_8019.jpg

OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Check their site, they have tons of pics. @Need4SpeedMotors probably has some they can share too
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I did checkout their Website and despite the gallery they do not go into full setup details which is fine but you get what I mean. From looking at the pics I can tell that many of the setups on 7 spokes are 19s so like any newbie buyer I am wondering what the 19 people know that maybe the 20s don’t. For instance is everyone favoring the ‘’performance’’ of 19s over 20s?

As you can see from Junior’s response, the 20s do look great but these are the 10 spoke. I will follow your advice and ask if they can share customer pics.

I’m sure someone will chime in on specific setup and impressions. Either way, these wheels have been around for some time now or I have to think that Junior is speaking from experience and customer feedback.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I went with 20s on my 350R because A) I wanted that extra 1/2" of ground clearance because my parking garage at work has some sharp transitions that the OE setup was scraping on and B) 20" tire options are plentiful.

I ended up with custom wheels in 20x11 ET24 and 20x11.5 ET61 ( I wanted to pull the rear wheels in to be flush with the fenders - that 5mm difference from OE carbon wheels worked perfectly). I considered using the regular GT350 295/35/19 and 305/35/19 OE tires on the carbon wheels but then I was paranoid about using the CF wheels on a regular basis. Even in just a few hundred street miles, the barrel on the front wheels was trapping pebbles and scratching the top of the caliper.

Anyway, sorry for all of the blabbing but I think 20s make sense on the GT350 for a street car. Here's a gratuitous older picture of my car (I have since powdercoated the wheels black).

350R sideview crop2 3.13.22.jpg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I did checkout their Website and despite the gallery they do not go into full setup details which is fine but you get what I mean. From looking at the pics I can tell that many of the setups on 7 spokes are 19s so like any newbie buyer I am wondering what the 19 people know that maybe the 20s don’t. For instance is everyone favoring the ‘’performance’’ of 19s over 20s?

As you can see from Junior’s response, the 20s do look great but these are the 10 spoke. I will follow your advice and ask if they can share customer pics.

I’m sure someone will chime in on specific setup and impressions. Either way, these wheels have been around for some time now or I have to think that Junior is speaking from experience and customer feedback.
If I had to guess, I think most stay with 19’s to keep the stock ride height (20’s will make the car sit slightly higher) as well as performance. The 6GR 10’s seem to be the most popular in 20’s just looking at pics and the 7’s seem to be most popular in 19’s. I’d say look at the 19’s and see if you like the look. If so, the 20’s aren’t going to look much different other than filling out the wheel well a bit more and it will make the car sit slightly higher. Honestly, I don’t think you’ll be able to tell the difference visually.

Not GT350’s, but here’s my car on 20’s vs my dad’s car on stock 19’s (Black GT). I was also able to get a picture of my car next to a stock 350. The 350 sits lower stock to stock but even from the pictures it’s hard to tell. Hope the visuals help a bit with regards to ride height.

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
I went with 20s on my 350R because A) I wanted that extra 1/2" of ground clearance because my parking garage at work has some sharp transitions that the OE setup was scraping on and B) 20" tire options are plentiful.

I ended up with custom wheels in 20x11 ET24 and 20x11.5 ET61 ( I wanted to pull the rear wheels in to be flush with the fenders - that 5mm difference from OE carbon wheels worked perfectly). I considered using the regular GT350 295/35/19 and 305/35/19 OE tires on the carbon wheels but then I was paranoid about using the CF wheels on a regular basis. Even in just a few hundred street miles, the barrel on the front wheels was trapping pebbles and scratching the top of the caliper.

Anyway, sorry for all of the blabbing but I think 20s make sense on the GT350 for a street car. Here's a gratuitous older picture of my car (I have since powdercoated the wheels black).

350R sideview crop2 3.13.22.jpg
Feedback like this is appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, the scraping debate is real and more so on an R car, I imagine. I like the R splitter and can understand how 20s make sense in the decision making process for sure plus you already have the 19s, if needed.

Being lowered on Steeda’s I’m accustomed to a ‘’reasonable’’ level of scrape speed bump, the odd driveway and dreaded underground parking garages (won’t be doing underground garages again lol).

I assume being lowered + going to 19s with a 30 profile would lower the car even more. I’m not sure about that one but seem so to me.

Nice ride by the way; your wheels compliment the car very well despite not rolling the CFs. Can’t blame you especially since you mentioned the barrel scrape. You have just confirmed that barrel/caliper gap like others have mentioned.

OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Hey this is Junior from Project 6GR, here are some photos of GT350's on 20" wheels. Unfortunately all on our Ten spokes haha. I think the 20" wheels look great. Fills in the wheel gap more and gives you more ground clearance since your car is lowered. Comparing it to the GT500 it does great in terms of performance on the 20" wheels so you aren't really losing much there. There really isn't much of a weight difference from the 19-20" wheels. Overall I think they are a great choice. If you have any other questions give us a call and we will help you out!
IMG_8023.jpg
IMG_8021.jpg
IMG_8022.jpg
IMG_8020.jpg
IMG_8019.jpg
Thanks Jr. The Tens look great I will admit and the black on black in menacing! This is not making my decision any easier lol but my first choice are the 7s. Thanks for giving me an approximate idea of fitment.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
You are very welcome. Yes, 30 profile 19" tires are about one inch shorter in overall diameter than 35 profile tires. 20" wheels with 30 profile tires are essentially the same height as the 35 profile 19s (such as a 305/30/20=305/35/19 in OD).

FYI 305/30/20 PS4S have a slight rub on the inner plastic fender liner near the engine bay at full lock when turning in a parking lot with my wheels and -2.2 camber. But no other rub ever, even at full compression hammering it down a bumpy back road. Signature Wheels recommends a 295/30/20 up front to avoid the rub but I have no first-hand experience with the narrower tire.

Another gratuitous pic . . .

350R black wheels.jpg

OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
If I had to guess, I think most stay with 19’s to keep the stock ride height (20’s will make the car sit slightly higher) as well as performance. The 6GR 10’s seem to be the most popular in 20’s just looking at pics and the 7’s seem to be most popular in 19’s. I’d say look at the 19’s and see if you like the look. If so, the 20’s aren’t going to look much different other than filling out the wheel well a bit more and it will make the car sit slightly higher. Honestly, I don’t think you’ll be able to tell the difference visually.

Not GT350’s, but here’s my car on 20’s vs my dad’s car on stock 19’s (Black GT). I was also able to get a picture of my car next to a stock 350. The 350 sits lower stock to stock but even from the pictures it’s hard to tell. Hope the visuals help a bit with regards to ride height.

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg
A picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you for both.

Between you and your dad’s I can definitely see the difference and it confirms I like the 20s. Seeing the 20s beside the 350 on OEM 19s is also convincing me that a larger wheel is a good way to go if I switch things up a little bit more. I can only afford to do this so many times so may as well go one size up.

Although sticking to black is still conservative in itself, I’m just not ready yet to for silver or gold. At least I can say they will be new a new wheel design in addition to being bigger.

You made good points about ppl (or at least most pics) of ppl having 20s on 10 spokes and 19s on 7s. I did speak with Ozzie from Project 6GR and he is helping me understand how the fitment works and will look in relation to my Steeda springs and OEM wheels and tire.

Basically the 20s will raise me a bit from where I currently sit but still keep me lower than stock. It’s kind of a happy compromise as it may not be too noticeable as you suggested and lessen the scraping at the same time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
You are very welcome. Yes, 30 profile 19" tires are about one inch shorter in overall diameter than 35 profile tires. 20" wheels with 30 profile tires are essentially the same height as the 35 profile 19s (such as a 305/30/20=305/35/19 in OD).

FYI 305/30/20 PS4S have a slight rub on the inner plastic fender liner near the engine bay at full lock when turning in a parking lot with my wheels and -2.2 camber. But no other rub ever, even at full compression hammering it down a bumpy back road. Signature Wheels recommends a 295/30/20 up front to avoid the rub but I have no first-hand experience with the narrower tire.

350R black wheels.jpg

350R black wheels.jpg
This is a clear explanation and puts my mind at ease. Very happy for it.

I can live with rub and suspect because of my lowering springs I will sit just a bit lower than you.

IMG_E4065[1].JPG

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I love me some blue GT350s! Good luck, you will enjoy the new lighter and wider wheels!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you for both.

Between you and your dad’s I can definitely see the difference and it confirms I like the 20s. Seeing the 20s beside the 350 on OEM 19s is also convincing me that a larger wheel is a good way to go if I switch things up a little bit more. I can only afford to do this so many times so may as well go one size up.

Although sticking to black is still conservative in itself, I’m just not ready yet to for silver or gold. At least I can say they will be new a new wheel design in addition to being bigger.

You made good points about ppl (or at least most pics) of ppl having 20s on 10 spokes and 19s on 7s. I did speak with Ozzie from Project 6GR and he is helping me understand how the fitment works and will look in relation to my Steeda springs and OEM wheels and tire.

Basically the 20s will raise me a bit from where I currently sit but still keep me lower than stock. It’s kind of a happy compromise as it may not be too noticeable as you suggested and lessen the scraping at the same time.
Glad I could help. When talking to Ozzie, make sure to tell him you’re on this forum. Last I talked to them, they do offer a little bit of a discount for forum members.

OP
OP
Riverss26

Riverss26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Gen 1
Signatures 20s

20210814_071050.jpg

20210814_071017.jpg

20210810_103422.jpg
Signatures really fill in the wheel arches well. I will go black for now on my 20s but would like to be in a position to get some bronze or golds next year.

At the moment I am just not convinced they would like optimal on my lightning blue. Thanks Bluvodo this allows me to better visualize what they will look like. In Canada mine will go on in the Spring and I'll be sure to post and provide feedback on performance.

Did you feel any noticeable differences in performance?
Sponsored