Anyone get wheel and tire protection? Curious on price

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A, Race Red, Black Accent, Red Seats
Being a daily driver in Michigan I think it might be worthwhile investment. I was quote $500 for 3 years, which also covers tire/wheel swaps for your winter rubber. This is the Ford provided wheel and tire plan, not a 3rd party.

Curious if anyone else got it and what you paid? $500 seems a little high but if I work out the numbers that's basically 1 wheel and 1 tire stock to replace in cost. I'm getting 19 inch wheels.
Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Like any insurance, it might worth it if you use it. Are you the kind of person who gets 1-2 flat tire every year or it never happened to you? Answering this question, is answering your need or not of it.

OP
OP

MechEngFord

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A, Race Red, Black Accent, Red Seats
Like any insurance, it might worth it if you use it. Are you the kind of person who gets 1-2 flat tire every year or it never happened to you? Answering this question, is answering your need or not of it.
It really depends, somehow in 3 years I got no wheel damage or flats on my ST. However, my prior car seemed like a nail magnet and I had probably 3 or 4 flats in 3 years.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
It's 50/50 I guest. In the end, if you think 500$ to have your mind in peace it isn't too much, it's worth it. If not, then...

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I got it for my car, but didn't spend $500 on it.

IMO for a street car it's worth it especially seeing how expensive tires can be (MP4s, PZeros etc).

I used it once in 2 years, and it's already paid for itself.
Sponsored