Sponsored

Anyone Buy A EB And Have Buyers Remorse?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
At the risk of stirring further debate, I believe those that love their V8's need to appreciate the fact the EcoBoost Mustang exists and is building a following. The better stated MPG for the EcoBoost helps the Mustang line and Ford in general reach their CAFE requirements, thus allowing the V8 to survive without resorting to cylinder deactivation, skip shifts, etc.
I have nothing but love for people who want to buy any of the engines; it's a great car regardless. Well, at least in premium trim; I don't know if I could deal with the cloth seats and no navigation.

I don't use 1/8th of the performance potential of the V8, but I'm very glad I got it, specifically because I came from a V6 S197, and while I absolutely LOVED that engine and that car, I got sick of the slight look of disappointment on people's faces whenever they asked what engine it had and I said V6. When you buy a car like this, you're buying it as much for the admiring looks of other people as for the actual driving of it.
Sponsored

deadeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBP GUARD Vert stick
EBP Convertible. WOW! This car is amazing, love it, and love on ramps, whoa there EB, whoa. Yes, I am happy with this car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm talking on the street....

Since we already know that an EB can run deep 12s with just a healthy tune, I'm betting the aftermarket will be seeing a lot more with some pretty basic bolt-ons once they figure them out. Joe 5.0 that is stock that decides to run a stock-appearing EB off a light for kicks could be surprised. A guy could do a lot with the difference in price between an EB and a GT.

I'll have my V8 for the obvious reasons, thanks, but certainly recognize the potential of the EB. :thumbsup: My '79 was a turbo-4 car, and hopped up it surprised more than one V8 in its day.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm talking on the street....

Since we already know that an EB can run deep 12s with just a healthy tune, I'm betting the aftermarket will be seeing a lot more with some pretty basic bolt-ons once they figure them out. Joe 5.0 that is stock that decides to run a stock-appearing EB off a light for kicks could be surprised. A guy could do a lot with the difference in price between an EB and a GT.

I'll have my V8 for the obvious reasons, thanks, but certainly recognize the potential of the EB. :thumbsup: My '79 was a turbo-4 car, and hopped up it surprised more than one V8 in its day.
It all depends on the driver when you're talking about going off-a-light on the street. I got "beat" out of a red light by a ten year old Civic the other day because he decided he wanted to get in front of me and I wasn't about to tax the engine the way he was.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i keep telling myself I just need an EB...but I want the roar of a V8. Ecoboost is alot easier to find with all options I want too... getting a GT with all the options I want is a nightmare right now...and I'm trying to avoid ordering.

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Slightly off-topic as I don't actually own one (yet), but I am pretty sure I won't regret getting the EB. I'll be coming from a 150hp Focus EB, so going to 300+ will probably all I can handle. Other than that, the car, both in terms exterior and interior is pretty much the same as the GT, so there's nothing there to 'disappoint' and/or have remorse over.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Slightly off-topic as I don't actually own one (yet), but I am pretty sure I won't regret getting the EB. I'll be coming from a 150hp Focus EB, so going to 300+ will probably all I can handle. Other than that, the car, both in terms exterior and interior is pretty much the same as the GT, so there's nothing there to 'disappoint' and/or have remorse over.
Exactly. And you can upgrade the exterior to the things you are missing (fanged grill, new hood). Too bad the EB V6 in the Raptor isn't available.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Hi Guys,

I have had EB for almost 2 months now. I have no regrets about it. Its my DD.
Its gives out ample power , good mileage and yes feel of a muscle car. I do agree V8 have tat growl but EB is no less.

V8 is hard core speed enthu car with Raw power , EB is a fun sportz car , in which u have 300+ Hp and DD capability

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Hi Guys,

I have had EB for almost 2 months now. I have no regrets about it. Its my DD.
Its gives out ample power , good mileage and yes feel of a muscle car. I do agree V8 have tat growl but EB is no less.

V8 is hard core speed enthu car with Raw power , EB is a fun sportz car , in which u have 300+ Hp and DD capability
Get the Ford Racing Touring Exhaust (cat or axle). That will give you a much better exhaust note.

Add in a Cobb or FR tune and all of a sudden you have a very very nice car for about $5k less.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Get the Ford Racing Touring Exhaust (cat or axle). That will give you a much better exhaust note.

Add in a Cobb or FR tune and all of a sudden you have a very very nice car for about $5k less.
Buddy... i got the ford racing ones installed on my car and yes they do have deeper tone, i like it.

I waiting for more tunes and stuff to come up and also i am planning new air intake

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
At 1200 miles on my COBB tuned EB and have no regrets at all will take a 4 bangin turbo all day :) I get performance and good MPG for 7k less than a GT...wouldn't have it any other way

CrusaderT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
About the sound of the exhausts. No matter what mods you do or exhaust you get on an ecoboost, it wont recreate the sound of the 5.0L V8. The low pitch roar is due to the fact of throttle response of a N/A 5 liter engine. turbo motors will always sound different.

I remember seeing the old and new C63 AMG side by side, and u could tell.

from my eyes, it seems some ppl like the ecoboost because its not loud. loud exhaust only gives you attention (mostly unwanted) as for hp gain, i am not sure on that.

either way, let the style and curves of your better than looking most european cars yet at bargain prices do all the talking for you : ]

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
About the sound of the exhausts. No matter what mods you do or exhaust you get on an ecoboost, it wont recreate the sound of the 5.0L V8. The low pitch roar is due to the fact of throttle response of a N/A 5 liter engine. turbo motors will always sound different.
Yeah, no.

http://www.vroombox.com/