Sponsored

Anyone a member of the DC SCCA?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I am looking to get into some HPDE locally (DMV area) and I see that the DC SCCA organizes a bunch of events at Summit (and Dominion in 2020). I was just wondering if anyone here was a member and if they have any thoughts on whether it is worth it. Thanks
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I am looking to get into some HPDE locally (DMV area) and I see that the DC SCCA organizes a bunch of events at Summit (and Dominion in 2020). I was just wondering if anyone here was a member and if they have any thoughts on whether it is worth it. Thanks
Just went to one of theirs in Memphis, very laid back and nice people. I knew zero people at mine when i showed up, but everyone in the group was nice and was just there having fun/learning. It’s a blast, and their entry fee was pretty minimal...i say go, you’re gonna love it

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Shelby GT350. No stripes.
I'm a WDCR member and have done track events at Summit. This is a very experienced group, and they do a good job running events. They use the main circuit and Shenandoah, which is very different. I'd say yes, it's worth it.

WDCR also runs a first class autocross program at FedEx field.

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm a WDCR member and have done track events at Summit. This is a very experienced group, and they do a good job running events. They use the main circuit and Shenandoah, which is very different. I'd say yes, it's worth it.

WDCR also runs a first class autocross program at FedEx field.
Okay thanks very much. Do you know if you can perform a self-inspection for the pre-event with WDCR?

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Shelby GT350. No stripes.
Okay thanks very much. Do you know if you can perform a self-inspection for the pre-event with WDCR?
For either HPDE or autocross in WDCR, you'll get a pretty thorough tech inspection by the event staff.
Sponsored