Sponsored

jawalsh2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 GT
Does MGW still offer the free installs at their shop?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
My understanding is they no longer offer the installs.

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack
Does MGW still offer the free installs at their shop?
I know that this response is late. I just purchased a 2018 GT PP1 manual 2 months ago. I'm getting an MGW shifter in the next month or sooner. They no longer offer free installs. There is a place they recommended 2.5 hours North of MGW's Augusta, GA headquarters in South Carolina. The install is approx. 2 hours labor @ 90 bucks per hour.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
This is the exact same info that I have received. The shop is Pro Dyno in Fort Mills, SC. I will have them do the install as, soon as I get the email from MGW to come to pick it up. I ordered the X-Spec with Standard Handle.

I know that this response is late. I just purchased a 2018 GT PP1 manual 2 months ago. I'm getting an MGW shifter in the next month or sooner. They no longer offer free installs. There is a place they recommended 2.5 hours North of MGW's Augusta, GA headquarters in South Carolina. The install is approx. 2 hours labor @ 90 bucks per hour.

Sponsored

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the exact same info that I have received. The shop is Pro Dyno in Fort Mills, SC. I will have them do the install as, soon as I get the email from MGW to come to pick it up. I ordered the X-Spec with Standard Handle.
I can't wait to get mine installed. I'm going to tighten up the rear end and get coilovers. I'm looking at BC coilovers or Pedders.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Are you local to MGW also?

I can't wait to get mine installed. I'm going to tighten up the rear end and get coilovers. I'm looking at BC coilovers or Pedders.

Marty_2016GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I haven't had much experience with different shifter brands before. I had a Hurst on my 05 years ago and have felt an MGW in an 06 but not driven it.
I was eyeing the MGW for my 16 GT just due to their reputation. Then came the new Barton. The Hybrid 3 is really catching my eye as I like the way it mounts to the trans better than the MGW. It looks to be a slightly easier install

Has anyone driven both or have any input to sway me one way or another? I'm so on the fence right now.
I have the
Barton Hybrid 3
shifter in my 2016 GT and TOTALLY love it! Trans mount is the way to go! I don't have the second set of stiffening springs installed and never have any issues from 2-3, like i did on the stock shifter at high RPM. I feel more connected to car, which is a good thing. I used the stock shifter knob and retained the Pull -up reverse. The is no noticeable increase in NVH. The throw is nice and crisp and shorter than stock. I researched both MGW and Barton and I think both are extremely well built products. I went with Barton only because someone bought one and never installed, then sold to me for a good price. When you pull out the OEM shifter, you will not believe just how thin, flimsy and cheap quality it is!! I did the install in my garage, on 4 jackstands and it took about 4 hours. No need to remove exhaust or driveshaft, however , pulling down the front (transmission end) shaft makes the install MUCH easier. There are a few good youtube videos, showing you how to install it. Another good tip: Remove the top portion of your center console, not just the shifter boot bezel like they show on youtube. It makes installing the seal in the floor much easier, and only adds like 3 minutes extra time. -Marty

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Is your shifter ready yet? I got an email to come pick mine up. I'll call Pro Dyno and make an install appointment.

Yessir!! I'm local...

Sponsored

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your shifter ready yet? I got an email to come pick mine up. I'll call Pro Dyno and make an install appointment.
I put off the order for now. My Dad has been sick. Will order once he's in the clear, up, and moving well. Keep me posted on your install and how you like it. I can't wait!!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I hope your dad gets well soon. I will let you know how I like it once it is in, and if you like, we can meet and you can try it out.

I put off the order for now. My Dad has been sick. Will order once he's in the clear, up, and moving well. Keep me posted on your install and how you like it. I can't wait!!
Sponsored