Sponsored

Anybody getting harrassed with loud loud exhausts in LA?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon
I'm torn between three exhaust catback systems.

Borla's S Type
Ford racing sport
Corsa Xtreme

I'm leaning toward more the corsa xtreme, because it's a sound that I like and won't get bored of, but I'm worried it maybe too loud. I don't want an obnoxious exhaust and I especially don't want to get pulled over for it. I live in busy ass cop flooded Los Angeles and would be extremely unhappy if I had to remove it because of a cop.

Anybody have any experiences or advice before I make my purchase? Are cops dicks around LA for having loud exhausts?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon
I have Magnaflow competition on mine.

It's loud, turns heads but i love it!
I love it when that happens.

Which part of LA do you live in? I live a couple miles away from downtown. Cops are usually strict around here. Also, do you have your front windows tinted?

HrDrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Borla S type with H pipe. Only complaint is from girlfriend. Passed by many cops no problems at all. I also drive in downtown and North Hollywood too.

Also cops have way better things to do than to pull you over so just do it!

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
I have the Corsa Extreme Catbacks and haven't had any problems. I didn't tint the front windows this time. On my 08 mustang gt I had 5 tint tickets so decided against it this time around. Torrance police gave me 4 of those tickets.

Sponsored

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I live in West LA

Lots of exotics around me with loud exhausts, so I don't get bothered on the streets but the CHP between downtown and 405 is a different story. That's why I didn't tint anything on this car.

swfi3lds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Oxford White
Live in Downtown LA, Roush Axle Backs, never been bothered by cops. Although tough to really get on it with traffic the way it is. Regarding tint, always had more than was legal and never been bothered. I think they have worse things to worry about.

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Borla S type with H pipe. Only complaint is from girlfriend. Passed by many cops no problems at all. I also drive in downtown and North Hollywood too.

Can we meet up? I need to hear this in person!!!

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
i have a corsa extreme, was way too loud for my development, had to take it off. gonna sell it and look for something else.

it was the cold start at 6 am thats was the killer.

2015 DIB 50 year GT PP

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I just bought the Corsa Xtreme yesterday, looking forward to get it shipped in this week and getting it installed.

I live in the OC, with tinted windows 15% on the front and 5% on the rear and back. I'll let you know how the exhaust is.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon

How do you like the Borla S type? All the sound clips I've found online of the S type have a farting sputter.

Also, just curious. why does your girl complain about it? I was under the impression that it's not that loud in the cabin and has little to no drone at cruising speeds? This could be another problem for me...

i have a corsa extreme, was way too loud for my development, had to take it off. gonna sell it and look for something else.

it was the cold start at 6 am thats was the killer.

2015 DIB 50 year GT PP
Damn. I think I might have to cross corsa off my list. Too loud is just not my thing either.

I just bought the Corsa Xtreme yesterday, looking forward to get it shipped in this week and getting it installed.

I live in the OC, with tinted windows 15% on the front and 5% on the rear and back. I'll let you know how the exhaust is.
Yes please let me know.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
corsa is loud but docile when cruising. if you want loud exhaust that sounds far superior to any others, then buy the corsa...

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
How loud are the corsa cold starts? I'm worried about pissing the neighbors off every morning

steviebee72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, FJG
How loud are the corsa cold starts? I'm worried about pissing the neighbors off every morning

Thats why i took mine off, it's not bad when its warmed up.
the Corsa is essentially a 3 inch straight pipe, when you look thru the muffler theres a small cut out of the pipe that leads into the side of the muffler "looks like a J pipe i think", but its a straight thru design,

It does sound Awsome. and it is bad ass, and it screams when u rev it. anything over 2000 is like announcing you are here. i used to have an older 5.0 with LT and no cats and it was nothing like this modern 5.0 with a 3inch. i listened to all the vids and im like yea sounds good, cant be that loud its just a cat back right. I live in a place where its a small alley between two sets of town homes with 5 units on each side, it just reverberates off the walls and everyones bedroom is there. Kinda sucks.

Don't get me wrong the Corsa is awsome, fit, finish, manufacturing, quality, and sound. It's just a little more than i want.
I wish i could have the roush active exhaust flap and get that installed on the corsa setup.

2015 DIB 50 year GT PP
Sponsored