Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Has to be one of the most pointless mods ever. If you really struggle to keep hold of the bolt then maybe self-servicing a car isn't for you...?

Just undo the bolt until oil starts to seep out and do the rest by hand. I've had 3 oil changes done now (currently on around 35K) and still using the original bolt/washer.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Has to be one of the most pointless mods ever. If you really struggle to keep hold of the bolt then maybe self-servicing a car isn't for you...?

Just undo the bolt until oil starts to seep out and do the rest by hand. I've had 3 oil changes done now (currently on around 35K) and still using the original bolt/washer.

I like to play fish the bolt out of the oil tub if I drop it , it all adds to the experience

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I like to play fish the bolt out of the oil tub if I drop it , it all adds to the experience
wrap a bit of single core wire around it and hook that into the frame rail now never lose a bolt again

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I've got no problem doing a oil change. One of the easiest maintenance procedures. It's the large plug and the ability to spill oil all over the place. So the plug looked awesome as the flow can be controlled and also pipe can be added to make it a virtually no mess experience. Just wondering if there was something that controlled the flow other than the ridiculous diameter hole we have in our sump.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I just bought a couple of spare plugs...

Let the original drop into the catch can, fit new one, retrieve old one when emptying old oil..

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
hang on thats 50 dollars for the factory one is like £1.50 you could do 30 changes just throwing away the old plug before that thing is even worth the value

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
hang on thats 50 dollars for the factory one is like £1.50 you could do 30 changes just throwing away the old plug before that thing is even worth the value
Yep, welcome to the silly world of mustang mods lmao!

But don't worry, it's billet!!! (giggles)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I might stick to the original ford ones, my main concern is the mess. i might have to make some weird cardboard contraption to catch the oil against my oil pan

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
if your'e really that worried just buy a £1 sheet of mesh and put it over your pan then when it drains the oil goes through and the plug gets caught.

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I'm going to do my oil change next week. Where do you guys get your sump plugs from?

I know its probably rubbish the yellow plastic ones are single use but wouldn't hurt to have some spares as a 'just in case'.

What I'm asking is an alternative to a dealer?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you can get them from ford or if you get a "service kit" from jwr including oil and filters etc that comes with the plug too. the 15-18's are metal with a copper crush washer not sure what the composite pan on yours uses.

OP
OP
Adz

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
So I did the first oil change today at 1,500 miles. I gave up trying to change the filter as it's in the most awkward place ever on the 2019! Come on Ford!

However I have come across quite a few metal shavings in the oil. If I had to count them I'd say there were about 20-30 about the same size in the bottom of my pan. I have varied the revs up to 4k up to the first 1k miles then give it gradually a bit more up until 1.5k miles.

So just wondering if this is normal for the first oil change:
20190826_164853.jpg

20190826_164910.jpg
Sponsored