Sponsored

Any R Owners in Wisconsin? (You Won’t Believe This)

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I suspect that this is a "misunderstanding" based on the fact that many states require a backup camera and an R without the electronics package doesn't have one. For this reason, the electronics package became standard/required in all states about 8 months ago. It is possible the dealership didn't realize the distinction and then again it is possible the dealership does understand the distinction and was using the issue to "explain" why they aren't part of the Shelby program.

Just a thought...

<TED>

I think it’s more just down to ignorance. How many have heard a salesman say some crazy things, whether stats, equipment, or horsepower numbers. Most don’t read their booklets and aren’t up to date.

All they have to do is lift the hood and it says CA OBD-II, which means 50-state emissions. If it’s legal in my state of CA, it’s definitley legal where you are. Also on the window sticker it says 50-state and on Ford’s website and brochure. So this is just a dealer who doesn’t know.

It reminds me of when I was shopping for extended warranties. Two dealers weren’t sure they could offer plans for the GT350 because they thought it might fall underneath third party builds like Shelby America, Roush or Saleen, which is hilarious because you would think a Ford dealer knows that the GT350 is build directly by Ford. But they don’t know. Many are often confused, so it’s just wrong information from an ignorant source.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Most Salesman dont know squat about the car. They are just salesman and have no passion for what they sell. Of course, some of them get paid squat too and that doesn't feed any desire to work too hard. Hell, even the service techs cant handle this car

OP
OP
A_Bau3

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Most Salesman dont know squat about the car. They are just salesman and have no passion for what they sell. Of course, some of them get paid squat too and that doesn't feed any desire to work too hard. Hell, even the service techs cant handle this car
I agree, it’s even more frustrating when it comes from a sales manager

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
There are very few “car people” at dealershits.. most car sales industry is full of toxic borderline scam artists.
I learned while ago, its waste of time trying to argue/educate ignorant dealer. Just ignore them and move onto someone bit more informed

OP
OP
A_Bau3

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I suspect that this is a "misunderstanding" based on the fact that many states require a backup camera and an R without the electronics package doesn't have one. For this reason, the electronics package became standard/required in all states about 8 months ago. It is possible the dealership didn't realize the distinction and then again it is possible the dealership does understand the distinction and was using the issue to "explain" why they aren't part of the Shelby program.

Just a thought...

<TED>
Good point, however they’ve had several brand new non R’s at the dealership over the past 2 years..

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
There are very few “car people” at dealershits.. most car sales industry is full of toxic borderline scam artists.
I learned while ago, its waste of time trying to argue/educate ignorant dealer. Just ignore them and move onto someone bit more informed
Unfortunately, you have to train your salesman. When I took delivery of the 16, my salesman told the guy demonstrating the car that I knew more than he did and maybe I could teach im something :)

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 17 GT with PP. It was pretty obvious that I knew more about that car than the sales guy. He tried his best to sell me a non PP car since there were no GT with PP and the 401A option available in the US at that time. I ended up ordering my car. Before that following winter I took it in for an oil change and the tech went over the list of things he thought they should do to my car. On that list was rotating the tires. I explained to him that the rear tires on the PP option were a different size than the front tires and asked him if these Pirelli tires were unidirectional. He had no idea about the different tire size or if they were unidirectional.
I just called yesterday to set an appt for a pre-storage oil change. That scheduler told me rotating the tires was recommended at 5000 miles. I explained to her that the rear tires are a different size and asked if that meant side swap and asked if these tires were unidirectional. She had no idea what I was asking her. She wrote on the order that I had non stock performance tires on my car and to not rotate the tires.

Right after I picked the car up, I took it back for the dealer to install the locking lug nuts that they missed installing. By this time I had a lot of questions about the car. I asked for someone to talk to that knew these cars. No one had given me any kind of orientation when I picked it up. The service manager spent 15 minutes with me going over a number of things but even he did not know much about the specifics of the car.

Is it too much to expect the dealership people to know the cars they sell?

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Yes it is, and if you get crazy about it , they will go into the safe space cry room for a while.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership in my coastal bay area of Texas is owned by Ben Keating of IMSA fame. He's had R type cars delivered but as to the salesmen, they cringe when they see me in the showroom. Tech's aren't any better, now I change my own oil.
Sponsored