Sponsored

Any R Owners in Wisconsin? (You Won’t Believe This)

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
So I just got off the phone with a dealer back in my homestate, they said the reason they couldn’t get an R is because “they’re not street legal in Wisconsin.” I laughed when the manager told me that. He even went as far to say the owner tried purchasing one and they couldn’t get one for him because the car “couldn’t be registered here.” Now I understand only certain dealers can get R allocations, so could someone give me the rundown of the stipulations for a dealership to acquire one?
Sponsored

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
For every 3 nonR GT350s they get they get one GT350R

That's the way it was in 2016 when I picked my nonR up.

OP
OP
A_Bau3

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
For every 3 nonR GT350s they get they get one GT350R

That's the way it was in 2016 when I picked my nonR up.
There have been 5 non R’s I’ve seen at the dealership within the last 18 months. Now I just can’t wrap my head around them thinking they’re not street legal...I’ve seen an R with Wisconsin tags before. And I’d love to acquire a 2019 because the dealership doesn’t do markups.

OP
OP
A_Bau3

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
upload_2018-11-15_9-2-21.jpeg

There have been 5 non R’s I’ve seen at the dealership within the last 18 months. Now I just can’t wrap my head around them thinking they’re not street legal...I’ve seen an R with Wisconsin tags before. And I’d love to acquire a 2019 because the dealership doesn’t do markups.
upload_2018-11-15_9-8-2.jpeg
...Wisconsin tags

Sponsored

OP
OP
A_Bau3

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I love the guys face. It’s perfect for answering this question. They are 50-stars legal. Person at the dealership is just ignorant.
He made that face because the R came in for some winter tires haha and thanks for some clarification.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
· ...and they have to pay the $1000 annual fee to be in the Shelby program. They appear totally ignorant. Don't think you want to buy anything from them. :lipssealed:

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
In a PM. He asked me why would an R be illegal in Wisco and said it absolutely isn't since I've seen Wisco plates on R's at Road America and The Mile. And it's just legal regardless lol.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
I have a 16 R and have it registered and its perfectly legal to drive in Wi. Its in storage as its allergic to salt :)

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
So I just got off the phone with a dealer back in my homestate, they said the reason they couldn’t get an R is because “they’re not street legal in Wisconsin.” I laughed when the manager told me that. He even went as far to say the owner tried purchasing one and they couldn’t get one for him because the car “couldn’t be registered here.” Now I understand only certain dealers can get R allocations, so could someone give me the rundown of the stipulations for a dealership to acquire one?
I suspect that this is a "misunderstanding" based on the fact that many states require a backup camera and an R without the electronics package doesn't have one. For this reason, the electronics package became standard/required in all states about 8 months ago. It is possible the dealership didn't realize the distinction and then again it is possible the dealership does understand the distinction and was using the issue to "explain" why they aren't part of the Shelby program.

Just a thought...

<TED>
Sponsored