Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
S650 is much closer to camaro than s550 going by this pic!
I agree & I think that was the point of the remark.

Approaching three decades working for Ford, on and off, & owning for even longer. Ford marketing seems commited to bizzare decisions.
The interior & exterior design seem to me to have lost any relation to previous, popular, iconic versions of the car. There is a certain degree of iconography that comes with popular cars & I'd of expected that to be carried through. Look at the 911, for example.
Ho-Hey, Ford will surely find someone to lease them. Glad I've got mine, warts-n-all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
S650 is much closer to camaro than s550 going by this pic!

B0005CB6-3445-4122-A435-1DBB542F4E60.jpeg
Nope.

Anyway, your top pic isn't the current 550.

The comparison does make clear, however, how much sleeker and sharper the 650 is than current offerings.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Nope.

Anyway, your top pic isn't the current 550.

The comparison does make clear, however, how much sleeker and sharper the 650 is than current offerings.
Not sure why that would make a difference to the rear 1/4 and door, but It is the most relevant S550 to me though, and the body is the same no matter what one you have.
I see it anyway, and I’m not alone lol

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Looking at that picture you would have to be blind to think the new Mustang looks more like the Camaro.

The whole shape of the car is almost the same as the S550. The quarter windows are almost identical.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Jesus there’s some great attitudes in here isn’t there?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Need to have dark windows all round so no one can see the new interior!
Lol, love that idea, agree totally, I'm not a fan of that interior, especially the instrument panel :thumbsup:

Actually, I've reflected on the not so recent trend for darkened windows, in the U.K. and I've come to the conclusion that the mysterious trend for blacked out windows from the 'B' pillar rearwards, has, based on my experience, most probably contributed to a decrease in driving standards (not seeing other road users) and subsequent increase in accidents and insurance claims. But I guess that's another thread.

If the vehicle in the video above, is the next Mustang, then on the basis of it's design (not Engineering, I understand the difference as an automotive design Engineer) I say that car does not, anymore, say "Ford Mustang" to me. The interior could be from any other OEM, for any other car, and imo, that's significant, because Mustang use to be distinct.

Yes there have been highs and lows in the history of the design interpretation of what a Mustang is, but the vehicle in the video, misses that mark for today, by a long chalk, imo.

So, if this is the new design direction for the Ford Mustang, I lament what Ford have done with the name and the car. It doesn't align with what I (the customer) think a Ford Mustang is, and I'm relieved if not totally happy to own the Mustang I have, knowing I've bought a Mustang in which, I can see the lineage back to the earlier cars that built the name of "Ford, Mustang".

Last edited:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
For the hell of it I decided to paste up a quick illustration/comparison of the 650 and Camaro rear ends:

1663622454321.png

The obvious conclusion, IMO, is:

• Yep, they're similar; and
  • The Mustang is a lot better looking car. :crackup:

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 on order.
So, if this is the new design direction for the Ford Mustang, I lament what Ford have done with the name and the car. It doesn't align with what I (the customer) think a Ford Mustang is, and I'm relieved if not totally happy to own the Mustang I have, knowing I've bought a Mustang in which, I can see the lineage back to the earlier cars that built the name of "Ford, Mustang".
I too am saddened by the direction of ford with the new "mustang". I am glad that my 22 Mach 1 has landed in the UK and will have it within the next couple of weeks. This is on top of the Mach E (had seen one in the center of Birmingham and me and another member of the public was having a discussion about how it is not a mustang and should have been named something completely) shows that they really do not have an idea as to what Mustang customers are looking for.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
S650 and Camaro look similar mainly because of the head and tail lights, plus the rear fender bulges, that's it. The rest is still S550. That was the first thing I noticed when it was revealed. Actually headlights reminded me of the Dodge Charger. Still think the S550 is more aggressive and holds more Mustang heritage, whereas the S650 is more rounded softer lines. Digital dash is total fail!!

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Screenshot_20220915_094923.jpg

Looks like a Camaro
image49.jpg
Sponsored