Sponsored

Any one have the Scott Drake rear decklid panel for the S550?

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Perfect. Thanks...
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Wow .. yours definitely fits like shit..must be warped or something
Definitely. I will return and buy a Ford Performance Rear TAil light Panel. They state on their web site they are made from the exact same mold as the original OEM panel minus GT logo holes.
Thanks

Drake Muscle Cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I just installed the Drake Tail Light panel and it is absolutely horrible. The camera doesn't go in all the way and has over .200" from the front, where the OEM Panel, the Camera is right at .050" from the front of panel and sealed. The Drake Panel does not line up with the car trim at all, horrible. Since I have to drive it in the rain to get my custom racing stripes on I had to put a small Bead of Black Silicone around camera edges to seal so rain doesn't get into the trunk. I have been doing modifications on vehicles for over 30 years and could not get the panel to fit any better. I fought for an hour moving left, right, up and down, push in, push out what ever I could.
Can some one recommend a company who makes a High Quality, OEM Fit Rear Tail Light Panel that looks awesome. Thanks Guys
Hey Doug, so sorry to see your panel didn't fit properly, That is definitely not normal for this piece and though occasionally there are slight variances in the alignment, we've never had reports of a backup camera not fitting. Something definitely seems wrong.

Who did you purchase the part through? I would recommend getting with them for a replacement, but please email me and I will assist in any way I can - [email protected].

Beyond the styling accents on the panel, our panels are designed exactly to OEM spec, so hopefully we can get you set up with a panel that fits properly.

Kris
Drake Muscle Cars

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Maybe @Drake Muscle Cars can answer your post, because I’ve seen nothing but positive reviews of their products across this site - and DMC has been around the Mustang scene for quite some time....

Are you sure the decklid panel is seated properly onto the trunk lid resulting in those misalignments?
Some one from Drake did email last Thursday and said he would get back with me that night or early Friday morning. As of today I have not heard back from Drake. As Far as CJ Pony Parts where I purchased it from, I put in a RO for it over a week ago and have not heard back from them. I checked my Spam folder. I went on and purchased a Ford Performance Rear Tail light Panel, and I will just throw this one away and wash my hands of it all together. Thanks guys for the help and suggestions. I have decided to just buy everything from the manufacture or Amazon for they have a no hassle return which doesn't require a RO. I am still waiting on my refund from Diode Dynamics for headlight upgrades stuff. Again, should have bought from Amazon, No Hassle Returns and you get your money credited right away.
I guess I will just chalk this up to a good Learning experience.
I will also post my few mods since I bought the car in April. Cant drive it much for the BMV's are all closed and getting the Title from them to register is taking months.
Later,
Thanks

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Definitely. I will return and buy a Ford Performance Rear TAil light Panel. They state on their web site they are made from the exact same mold as the original OEM panel minus GT logo holes.
Thanks
Got a link for that piece?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Some one from Drake did email last Thursday and said he would get back with me that night or early Friday morning. As of today I have not heard back from Drake. As Far as CJ Pony Parts where I purchased it from, I put in a RO for it over a week ago and have not heard back from them. I checked my Spam folder. I went on and purchased a Ford Performance Rear Tail light Panel, and I will just throw this one away and wash my hands of it all together. Thanks guys for the help and suggestions. I have decided to just buy everything from the manufacture or Amazon for they have a no hassle return which doesn't require a RO. I am still waiting on my refund from Diode Dynamics for headlight upgrades stuff. Again, should have bought from Amazon, No Hassle Returns and you get your money credited right away.
I will also post my few mods since I bought the car in April. Cant drive it much for the BMV's are all closed and getting the Title from them to register is taking months.
Later,
Thanks
I would never buy any car mod from amazon. The best shop to buy from who are still open and answer their phones through this whole thing and still do is LMR. CJs is actually my second stop to go to but have never had an issue. When it comes down to fitment you can’t expect perfect fitment of any after market product even when they have the oem data. Sometimes you get lucky but shouldn’t expect it. I Bought that decklid from Drake and I’m very happy with it. It fits good enough where unless you inspect it you would say it’s perfect. The camera and decklid do have the smallest gap but I only noticed after your post. It’s absolutely high quality and even comes with clips on it unlike MMD where you have to transfer clips from the factory decklid over to the new panel. I would say if you want perfect obviously Ford performance which I also had is the stock piece minus the emblem. There’s no fitment issue. It’s the same piece every one else has. It looks clean so you’ll be happy.

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I would never buy any car mod from amazon. The best shop to buy from who are still open and answer their phones through this whole thing and still do is LMR. CJs is actually my second stop to go to but have never had an issue. When it comes down to fitment you can’t expect perfect fitment of any after market product even when they have the oem data. Sometimes you get lucky but shouldn’t expect it. I Bought that decklid from Drake and I’m very happy with it. It fits good enough where unless you inspect it you would say it’s perfect. The camera and decklid do have the smallest gap but I only noticed after your post. It’s absolutely high quality and even comes with clips on it unlike MMD where you have to transfer clips from the factory decklid over to the new panel. I would say if you want perfect obviously Ford performance which I also had is the stock piece minus the emblem. There’s no fitment issue. It’s the same piece every one else has. It looks clean so you’ll be happy.
Hi. I just installed the Ford Performance Rear panel and it fits exactly like OEM. Camera fit flush, the edges were flush, cannot complain. I also removed my side 5.0 emblems and put Ford Performance Aluminum Side Emblems on. They look very sharp. I just had the Custom racing stripes installed, perfect, Hurst gear shifter, Headlight light and Fog Light Complete Flow Control Lighting Upgrade from Lighting Trendz, Absolutely Flawless. Cervinis Upper and Lower Grills Look Great, I upgraded the Wimpy Horn to a Mini Air Blast Horn, WOW its loud and small. Rear Window Lambo Style Louver, I just Love it. I can recommend these things for they fit exactly as stated. After break in I want to install either a twin turbo set up or the New Whipple Super charger setup. I want to get peoples opinions as to which ones they like better and are 100% street rideable without the feel I am driving a Race track car on the road. Have fun with your upgrades

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Later,
Thanks
Drake Rep said I had to go through CJ Pony Parts for the return of the panel. After my second try to get a RO a Rep From CJ Pony Parts emailed asking for pictures of the fitment (Which I did), but not say they were giving me an RO. I guess they're "No Hassle" Return policy isn't as good as they state? Which is sad for customers who believe these shops back up their products. I already replaced the rear panel with a Ford Performance Panel which fits Great, No issues. Hey, for me its no big issue Ill just through it in the trash and not worry about it anymore. Here are some pictures of the new Ford panel I installed and a couple of Pictures of my car. God luck, nice chatting with you guys.
Car Rear 1.jpg
Car Front 1.jpg
Car Inside car 1.jpg
Car Side 1.jpg
1 New PNL Camera View 1.jpg

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
CJ pony parts has horrible customer service.. I have sent multiple emails on some parts that were damaged during shipping. still have not heard a response back in 2 weeks.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
CJ pony parts has horrible customer service.. I have sent multiple emails on some parts that were damaged during shipping. still have not heard a response back in 2 weeks.
Hi. I just posted what I just went through with CJ Pony Parts not giving me a RO for a defective Drake Rear Panel. Unfortunately, I feel some of the good Review Posted on social media sites are from people associated with the online sellers to keep their favor abilities reviews/Ratings high. This is not an uncommon practice with companies now days, for social media is a powerful tool for the customers to keep the fire to the feet of companies who don't sell or back up their products they sell. Good luck

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
So I bought this from Blue Oval Industries on eBay. It arrived in perfect condition via FedEx. The foam sleeve around it is very thin, but it's in a box inside a box with formed styrofoam corners. That works.

20201121_154956.jpg

It has four tabs at the top rather than the six on the OEM. Don't know about the fit yet, but it looks very well made...

20201121_155019.jpg

The GT emblem is badly applied - I don't think there are pins on the back, and the adhesive is weak so the emblem pulled away at the sides rather than bending to the curve of the panel. It's also in the wrong place (off-center vertically by something more than half an inch).

I'm going to replace it with an OEM medallion, also via eBay:

1605994439392.png

Last edited:

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Drake Rep said I had to go through CJ Pony Parts for the return of the panel. After my second try to get a RO a Rep From CJ Pony Parts emailed asking for pictures of the fitment (Which I did), but not say they were giving me an RO. I guess they're "No Hassle" Return policy isn't as good as they state? Which is sad for customers who believe these shops back up their products. I already replaced the rear panel with a Ford Performance Panel which fits Great, No issues. Hey, for me its no big issue Ill just through it in the trash and not worry about it anymore. Here are some pictures of the new Ford panel I installed and a couple of Pictures of my car. God luck, nice chatting with you guys.
Car Rear 1.jpg
Car Front 1.jpg
Car Inside car 1.jpg
Car Side 1.jpg
1 New PNL Camera View 1.jpg
@DougS550
Do you by chance have anymore pics of your rear window louvers from different angles in the light and a link where you got them?
Thanks
Ken

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
@DougS550
Do you by chance have anymore pics of your rear window louvers from different angles in the light and a link where you got them?
Thanks
Ken
Hi. My car is at the body shop getting new fenders, hood and bumper. My rear louvers will be painted Kona Blue. I will take good pictures for you when I get it back.