Sponsored

Any Gt500 OPG failures yet?

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Have there been a noticeable decrease In OPG failures? While the gt500 pool is small I can’t say that I’ve heard of any OPG failures pop up on my gaydar.

Maybe because of the limited trans tuning capability or maybe that the new Thicker gt500 OPG’s really do combat the deadly harmonics that “probably” killed most of the past OPG’s.

Im of the mind the previous OPG problems were serious but over exagerated. Thankfully theres always a free market to tell us what we need to consume. 🤓

I only wonder because I bought a gt500 oil pan kit for my Pleab base model GT and the internet won tonight and I bought a set. 🍣🍣
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
While I don't use the same monitoring system you do I have kept my ear close to the ground and would agree, at this point anyway, that we aren't hearing of the same types of failures (knocks on wood). Even elevated horsepower levels have yet to unearth this modular malady.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I planned on upgrading mine to the GT 350 pan kit and it was my understanding that it has billet gears in the kit, so maybe the 500 kit does too?

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I planned on upgrading mine to the GT 350 pan kit and it was my understanding that it has billet gears in the kit, so maybe the 500 kit does too?
No, they are Pot metal gears in both oil pan&pump kits; the GT350 and GT500. Ford Performance does offer pumps with Billet gears but they are sold separately. I bought the GT350 pan/pump kit first so I compared all the part numbers and the pump with billet gears is different.

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I don't know if the opinion of Kenny Brown carries any weight with anyone reading this thread but when I asked him, he said they are 100% needed. He didn't talk about seeing failures since, he just read my question and answered it.
Sponsored