Sponsored

Any creative ideas for the use of this dead space?

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Reminds me of the Top Gear review of the 911 R done by Matt LeBlanc. The 911 R is, IIRC, a GT3 with the A/C, radio, etc removed, leaving a big shelf in the console. LeBlanc was driving the car around the track and kept a sandwich in there, taking a bite every now and then. It was hilarious. I need to see if I can find it ... no such luck.
GT3 can be configured with radio and AC delete.

The 911 R is a limited edition (991 produced to coincide with the chassis code) special product that essentially takes the GT3's engine, an older 6 speed manual instead of the 7 speed (or the PDK-only in the GT3) and matches them up with many of the GT3s suspension goodies while leaving most of the aero at the factory. They are then done up in one of two colors with special period-inspired interior treatments and sold to existing owners (sold out, btw, and selling for over $1M currently on a $190K car).

It is a much more special automobile than a GT3 without a radio.
Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
that space gets used every time I get in the car. I throw my keys there

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Depends on where you live, what car you drive, the color of your skin and your general temperament when they arrive at your window. You probably just have the best combination of those qualities. :thumbsup:
Well, he does have a white car, that may help a bit; TY, CO, or RR are just magnets for the local cops.

I had my TY S550 for 2 months and got a ticket; had a red S197 for 5 years and no tickets.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Be careful with electronics! I used to put my iPhone in there, and then, after a long club cruise, I picked the phone up and it was HOT! Apparently, transmission heat finds its' way there. I wouldn't advise using it for anything with batteries on a long trip.

Sponsored

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Depends on where you live, what car you drive, the color of your skin and your general temperament when they arrive at your window. You probably just have the best combination of those qualities. :thumbsup:
Ahhhh. So ALL cops are racist then? Thanks for the tip. Going to order my BLM T shirt now....

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Dead space or less clutter... we all see it differently I guess.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
$2,000?? I could have a shit ton of tickets before that would pay for it's self. In all honestu, I've had loads of warnings, but never once a ticket. I have come to the conclusion that you have to be doing 100+ and be a dick to a cop to get a ticket. I haven't had a radar detector for about 10 years now.
$2k is a lot, but it's not really the tickets that get you, it's the increase in insurance costs.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
$2,000?? I could have a shit ton of tickets before that would pay for it's self. In all honestu, I've had loads of warnings, but never once a ticket. I have come to the conclusion that you have to be doing 100+ and be a dick to a cop to get a ticket. I haven't had a radar detector for about 10 years now.
I dunno where you're driving but I've been pulled over 9 times in 20 years and got a ticket 7 times. The warnings I got were for 35 in a 25 and for doing 40 in an empty parking lot at 2am, in which case the officer called me an idiot. And I was 17, so I was.. :)

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
$2k is a lot, but it's not really the tickets that get you, it's the increase in insurance costs.

On topic: It's such a weird blank space. if I was good at machining or 3D printing I would maybe make another little cubby or something there. Interested to see what ideas people are coming up with for the space.

Off topic: $2k is steep, but then again my pockets aren't lined with the dough so there's that. I got my first ticket about 6 months ago. 20 over. Cop gave me a break on reckless driving because it was my first go round. VA (I know worst state ever for speeding, I was being an idiot). I instantly thought about the headache if I were to get reckless. The court costs etc. Went looking for radar detectors. Did all this research. Then I decided to just slow down :D Every discussion came down to "Well, it might not work if.....or you can buy the $1800 one".

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
That's where I keep my phone and the ears of dead enemies.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Or he has a badge next to his drivers license.