Sponsored

Another Hellion car in the 9's!

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yesterday we were able to make a few 9 sec passes with my Hellion Twin Turbo car. This car is bone stock other than the hellion kit, return fuel system, torque converter, exhaust. No oil pump gears either. No transbrake and two step. Foot brake only. Next time out we'll try those.
The whether was really good in the morning but it quickly heated up. The car ran [email protected] in the hottest part of the day. Before that I made several 9.90 passes. With the temperature going up, I was glad to get the 9.84 in the heat.

Here's a pic of the slip:

Sponsored

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
great slip, alot of 9 sec s550's around lately, its amazing to see. I think if you work on your 60' you got much deeper 9's coming...congrats and keep us updated on progression.

OP
OP

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeah the 2 step and brake should get it in the 9.60 range with the same weather conditions.

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
But...but.. the IRS will be horrible for drag racing!! Ford doesn't know what they are doing!?!? /sarcasm.

Awesome times given the 'limited' mods. These cars continue to impress!

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
But...but.. the IRS will be horrible for drag racing!! Ford doesn't know what they are doing!?!? /sarcasm.

Awesome times given the 'limited' mods. These cars continue to impress!
Solid is better but given the new super 8.8 its doing much better then older IRS set ups. Another member informed me the new 8.8 is actually a little larger then a standard 9 inch solid.

OP
OP

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The suspension took all I could throw at it and hooked. Never spun once.

The S550 platform is far superior to the S197 from my experience.

OP
OP

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
great slip, alot of 9 sec s550's around lately, its amazing to see. I think if you work on your 60' you got much deeper 9's coming...congrats and keep us updated on progression.
There's like 6 S550's in the 9's that I can think of.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yesterday we were able to make a few 9 sec passes with my Hellion Twin Turbo car. This car is bone stock other than the hellion kit, return fuel system, torque converter, exhaust. No oil pump gears either. No transbrake and two step. Foot brake only. Next time out we'll try those.
The whether was really good in the morning but it quickly heated up. The car ran [email protected] in the hottest part of the day. Before that I made several 9.90 passes. With the temperature going up, I was glad to get the 9.84 in the heat.

Here's a pic of the slip:

Congrats!

Great run!!!!!

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Solid is better but given the new super 8.8 its doing much better then older IRS set ups. Another member informed me the new 8.8 is actually a little larger then a standard 9 inch solid.
The new IRS is an awesome piece.

Just to be sure about rear ends, LOL, Mustang's haven't had a 9" rear end since the 60s and early 70s unless it was retro-fit into the vehicle. The Fox Body, SN95, and S197 car's had either 7.5" or 8.8" which is not the same as the 9" installed on older cars or trucks either, not even close. Any Jeep guru will correct you in about 3 seconds as to the difference in the 9" and 8.8" axles.

A Ford 9" rear end does not have a rear diff cover - usually the obvious indicator and you have to drop the 9" axle assembly to do a gear swap which sucks if your testing at a track. For trucks and off roading it doesn't matter as much.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The new IRS is an awesome piece.

Just to be sure about rear ends, LOL, Mustang's haven't had a 9" rear end since the 60s and early 70s unless it was retro-fit into the vehicle. The Fox Body, SN95, and S197 car's had either 7.5" or 8.8" which is not the same as the 9" installed on older cars or trucks either, not even close. Any Jeep guru will correct you in about 3 seconds as to the difference in the 9" and 8.8" axles.

A Ford 9" rear end does not have a rear diff cover - usually the obvious indicator and you have to drop the 9" axle assembly to do a gear swap which sucks if your testing at a track. For trucks and off roading it doesn't matter as much.
im aware they haven't had it in a long time. But its not an uncommon swap for the previous chassis. ive used multiple strange 9 inch rear ends in builds of mine. I was just referencing the size difference.

Mike Jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium
For you guys with the sub 10 sec. cars.
How are you getting away with running this fast without the safety gear?
Outlaw track maybe?

OP
OP

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
For you guys with the sub 10 sec. cars.
How are you getting away with running this fast without the safety gear?
Outlaw track maybe?
Hey, I wear a helmet, lol.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Hey, I wear a helmet, lol.
Ha!
Great run!
I am so jealous ,mine now feels like a turd!
Tuner please ?
Today I Asked my tuner again for my updated tune after sending numerous track logs .i gently reminded him I had been waiting for close to 2 weeks .
The response I got was "you and everybody else" and I am directly quoting!

OP
OP

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ha!
Great run!
I am so jealous ,mine now feels like a turd!
Tuner please ?
Today I Asked my tuner again for my updated tune after sending numerous track logs .i gently reminded him I had been waiting for close to 2 weeks .
The response I got was "you and everybody else" and I am directly quoting!
Who's tuning your car?
Sponsored