Another Headers / X-pipe / Roush Axle Back thread.

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by Abe71Z, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Abe71Z

Abe71Z Member

First Name:
    Abe
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT-PP (Guard) & 1971 Datsun 240z
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Ok,
    So my combination is as follows:
    2015 Car
    JBA Long Tube Headers (1-7/8" Tubes, 3" Collectors)
    JBA X-Pipe (3")
    3" to 2.5" Transitions at differential
    Roush Axle Backs (2.5" Mufflers).
    All V-Band Connections.

As stated by others with similar combinations, it's beyond loud.
    I understand the cold start can be toned down with a tune, it idles fine once warmed-up, and rips when you get on it.

My issue is with the mid throttle and normal speed up rasp & resonance, it's full retard.
    I would like to see if someone else has, kept the headers, x-pipe, and straight through mufflers, and found a solution.
    I was thinking of adding some 3" resonators right after the X-Pipe, in the same fashion as the GT350's.

Let me know what you know!

2. CompOrangeFanatic

CompOrangeFanatic Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 CompOrange Mustang GT Premium /2017 Explorer Platinum
    0   0   0
    Are you catless? If you have no cats then that's part of your issue with this set-up. I'm going with catted LT's in the next couple months and if its unbearable, I will likely go with the Xforce Varex axl-back so that I can tone it down a little if I want it. I know its more money, but at least it allows you to go full retarded loud when you want it and tone it down when you don't. Someone just posted a new vid on Youtube with a catted headers, x-pipe, X-force axl back with a Roush blower that really shows the difference. This is the route I'm likely to go when I get my Vortech set-up with LT's done in the next couple of months.

3. AZ18yote

AZ18yote Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
    IT Systems Engineer / Consultant
    0   0   0
    Different setup but just as raspy / loud. Corsa Xtreme direct connect to ARH catted LTH. Put a pair of Vibrant 1794s on and cleaned it up and toned it down quite a bit. Right after mufflers before the double x similar to below. Vibrants.jpg