Sponsored

[Anonymous POLL] GT Owners...how much do you make a year?

What is your annual income?

• 0-25k

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • 25k-50k

Votes: 79 11.0%
  • 50k-75k

Votes: 151 21.1%
  • 75k-100k

Votes: 155 21.6%
  • 100k+

Votes: 314 43.9%

• Total voters

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Thread was started in 2015, only the last 6 posts are this year 2020. I imagine if we started this poll over it would be drastically different. Since covid my business has dropped off 90%. and income has dropped off to nothing. #2020dumpsterfire
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You’re probably right. I’ve been lucky so far. I work in refining and we were considered essential workers During this covid fiasco. The issue is that the worlds economy has been shut down for so long. Demand for refined products is down. And the oil sector is feeling the crunch. The up side for me is I’m old. So I don’t have a mortgage to worry about. And if the refinery shut down tomorrow. Worst case scenario. I’d collect my severance and probably just roll off into the retirement sunset. In a perfect world. I’ll work another 5 or 6 years and retire at 60 with a couple million in a 401k account.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
You’re probably right. I’ve been lucky so far. I work in refining and we were considered essential workers During this covid fiasco. The issue is that the worlds economy has been shut down for so long. Demand for refined products is down. And the oil sector is feeling the crunch. The up side for me is I’m old. So I don’t have a mortgage to worry about. And if the refinery shut down tomorrow. Worst case scenario. I’d collect my severance and probably just roll off into the retirement sunset. In a perfect world. I’ll work another 5 or 6 years and retire at 60 with a couple million in a 401k account.
I also work in refining, but I have at least another 20 years to go until retirement. I'm not certain anymore I'll have a job to retire from with the direction the political spectrum is headed, which is scary. Wish I'd gotten into this career earlier in life and was closer to retirement. Hopefully the world needs hydrocarbons for a while longer. :fingerscrossed:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I also work in refining, but I have at least another 20 years to go until retirement. I'm not certain anymore I'll have a job to retire from with the direction the political spectrum is headed, which is scary. Wish I'd gotten into this career earlier in life and was closer to retirement. Hopefully the world needs hydrocarbons for a while longer. :fingerscrossed:
Me and a coworker talk about this all the time. He believes the industry will be dead in 10 years. I say it’ll be about 30. There will always be several refineries to produce niche chemicals. But this country will move away from ICE and use electric or hydrogen power for vehicles sooner than later. What do you do there? I worked at a cat cracker for about 15yrs. And I’m a team leader on a desulfurization unit now.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I live in Denmark and taxes is a bitch... Both on the paycheck and when buying cars...

I make around $70000 in a year - and has to pay around 40% taxes of that.

The GT 2020 I bought cost me $116,000 including taxes

So for the quick - yes I spends roughly 3 years of salary on the car if you don't take other expenses in concideration :crazy:

I have an average income in Denmark and this should show a little why we normally only have one special car (yes a Mustang is concidered a sportscar / special car in Denmark) if we're getting a special car at all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Corporate retirement plans are for the most part, becoming a urban legend. It is totally void in the IT industry to date.

Oil industry dead in 10 years ? Step back and take a mental inventory of all things beyond auto, oil impacts in one form or another.

For me the very first economic indectator of rising costs is the price of oil. That is how big the influence oil has on our cost to live.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Corporate retirement plans are for the most part, becoming a urban legend. It is totally void in the IT industry to date.

Oil industry dead in 10 years ? Step back and take a mental inventory of all things beyond auto, oil impacts in one form or another.

For me the very first economic indectator of rising costs is the price of oil. That is how big the influence oil has on our cost to live.
I'm aware of all the things made from crude. But the vast majority of oil is used for transportation. In the end there will probably be a handful (8-12) of refineries that remain to supply niche chemicals for industries across America. And the majority will be closed. Everything has an expiration date.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Why just GT owners??? I make 140K and have an Ecoboost.

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
About 200-300K depending on the year. There's a good chance it'll be higher this year. COVID hasn't had any effect as everything I do is either computer hardware engineering which I can do from home, or finance stuff.

I'm pretty conservative about vehicle expenses. I've always driven inexpensive trucks/SUVs as my daily drivers and kept them a long time - a '13 Frontier I still use, and before that a '98 Explorer and a '89 D250.

The mustang is the first car I've bought for recreation.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I do well, my wife is on track to do even better here in the near future. Probably looking at another toy down the road in a Porsche 911.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I do well, my wife is on track to do even better here in the near future. Probably looking at another toy down the road in a Porsche 911.
Wonderful cars! Be sure you look for a 991.2 or 992... much improved engine and second gen PDK.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I own everything ....... debt, monthly bills, cost of living..

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I only make 20k a year, now. But you kids will pay me that to keep me off the streets at 7AM, driving slow in the fast lane, won't you!?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I live in a small country which is named the poorest country in Europe I made 54000$ so far this year( working as DevOps) which according to a resent study put me in 2% of the declared income in the country. My income is more than the declared income of our Prime Minister. I say declared income because my country is notorious for grey economy so everyone has income that he don't declare. For me the Mustang was an affordable dream so I planned a lot and save over 52% of my income the past 3 years until I manage to save enough to buy my GT cash. I'm very lucky to be able to do what I do and drive the car I want.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t expect the oil industry to die from under demand but I expect it to die from over supply. Saudi Arabia is on the fast track to bankruptcy. As they get closer they will be pumping like crazy which will crash the market again. Their foreign reserves are hitting all time low after all time low.

Refiners will probably do pretty good as margins will head upwards as gas price goes down.

The world is swimming in oil. Electric cars are still a generation or two away.
Could that be because we are finally pumping once again ?

Thinking that has a lot to do with that. Cannot see running out as mentioned happening even in his life time.
Sponsored