Sponsored

[Anonymous POLL] GT Owners...how much do you make a year?

What is your annual income?

• 0-25k

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • 25k-50k

Votes: 79 11.0%
  • 50k-75k

Votes: 151 21.1%
  • 75k-100k

Votes: 155 21.6%
  • 100k+

Votes: 314 43.9%

• Total voters

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
Wishful memory. You didn't buy a new Explorer in 2001 for $13K. I bought its twin (Mercury Mountaineer) in June, 2001. Stickered for $36K. We paid $33K, most expensive car I'd bought until this 15 GT. I had never been able to afford an Explorer before that, though I'd wanted one since they came out in 1990, but there were cheaper options and we took them. Particularly a Taurus wagon for $17K in 1994, versus nearly $25K for an Explorer at that time. By the time we were ready to replace the wagon we had a little more money, and we needed it!
I didn't buy it brand new, it was a year old. The model I had was $23,157, brand new.
Sponsored

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Put them on salary and say they are exempt from OT just like all the IT people, then ship the jobs to India.
That sounds like a terrible idea lol.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
sounds like sarcasm ... i hope..
Nope. 100% correct.

I work in IT. I'm contracted and VERY lucky to get overtime payments. But the only reason I get OT is because I work unsociable hours. I got home from work on the 8th at 7am in the morning after working 14 hours straight (and that's not even the longest I've worked) and 95% of the people I communicate with are in India (and 99% don't know jack-shit about IT, which drives everyone up the wall).

That's my mini rant for the day.

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's your employers prerogative. None of our IT staff are salary and all get OT pay when it's necessary.
Florida might have different laws than where you live. My company is just following the law here...

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Florida might have different laws than where you live. My company is just following the law here...
Trust me; Florida doesn't have different laws. Your company is possibly following the law (depends on the exact nature of your work), but there are companies that do more than just the bare minimum necessary to comply with law. Even if you're exempt from overtime requirements, the law doesn't say that the company can't pay you overtime. A lot of collective bargaining agreements require overtime payments for workers who are otherwise exempt from overtime, and a lot of employers pay those workers overtime on their own anyway.

Sponsored

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Trust me; Florida doesn't have different laws. Your company is possibly following the law (depends on the exact nature of your work), but there are companies that do more than just the bare minimum necessary to comply with law. Even if you're exempt from overtime requirements, the law doesn't say that the company can't pay you overtime. A lot of collective bargaining agreements require overtime payments for workers who are otherwise exempt from overtime, and a lot of employers pay those workers overtime on their own anyway.
Yup, Jimmy's got it. The company isn't forced to function that way, they just choose to. Not all companys have the same benefits, and salary vs hourly + OT is just one of them.

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, Jimmy's got it. The company isn't forced to function that way, they just choose to. Not all companys have the same benefits, and salary vs hourly + OT is just one of them.
LOL, I for a bank, they are all about how much money they have, not about how much money their employees have.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
IT has to work without OT pay, so should everyone else. Don't you think that's fair? Who's idea was it to make IT exempt from OT?

Well I didn't so don't drag me into your mess LOL. That's just your company. There are plenty that offer salary non-exempt positions that will pay OT. You sound unhappy with your current position. You're the only one that can change that. Make it happen!

Qel Hoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium Ruby Red (on order)
Well I didn't so don't drag me into your mess LOL. That's just your company. There are plenty that offer salary non-exempt positions that will pay OT. You sound unhappy with your current position. You're the only one that can change that. Make it happen!

Or at least ones that do comp time. I'm salaried non-OT IT, but any time I work over 40 hours in a week I get to take off later.
Sponsored