Android Auto wireless

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I started looking into those too. So... if the AA Adapter drains your phone's battery "rather" quickly you still end up plugging your phone into your car, one way or the other, am I correct? The adapter is using your phone and then transmits to display, correct? This thread is about 6 months old, anyone who has been using the AA adapter, any known issues?
I've been using it as soon as they started shipping the units. Never had a single problem. Now on Android 12 and still working perfectly.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mines been working without any issues since I've had it. No battery drain.

The reason I wanted wireless AA is for those shorter local trips, 15-45 min drives when plugging in is a pain and ultimately probably not that great for your phone's battery.

Longer trips I usually plug in anyway.

Motorola are releasing a wireless AA dongle pretty soon too.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I'd buy the original AA Wireless that has such glowing reports in this thread rather than the Motorola-branded one. Some thing that just works and works and works without problems? That does not turn up often.

The Motorola thing appears to have little to nothing to do with the once legendary Motorola company, but is instead some unrelated company paying to use the Motorola brand on it's product as far as I can tell.

The answer to charging woes: "https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-20W-Wireless-Car-Charger/dp/B07ZZKZSTZ/". Been using that one for over a year now, attached between the air-vents. Possibly there is something better available now though.

Last edited:

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
I have placed my contribution for the AA wireless for March. Used ones are being sold for silly money. 150 plus

OP
OP
wenklaw

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Motorola's MA1 is getting good reviews so personally would opt for either. One negative with the Motorola is the cable is fixed which is fine if your car is USB A like the Mustangs and many cars however I hired a VW transporter and it bizzarly only had USB C to connect to AA.

Adaptors are available but knowing how fussy AA can be about cables it's not something I fancy having to do. Long term I reckon AA will go wireless so I suppose it's not really a biggy as the dongle will probably be obsolete pretty soon
Sponsored