Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I've googled a bit, and it seems people are happy with it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...the-anchor-room-paint-protection-film.153070/

Interesting that they have a full front end kit. Based on the reviews I've seen, at that price I'm going to order a set.

I've been experimenting a bit with bulk rolls of 3M stuff that I have to cut myself. Tried 3M knifeless tape a few times, but it does not manage to cut through the PPF well. 3M has/had another product designed for PPF, from the same company that they bought for their other knifeless tape stuff I believe, but it's really hard to get and I'm not sure if it's still available.

Next I tried to cut the film myself with a sharp blade. One needs to do this while the film is on the car, but it's a scary experience. Only tried that once so far, and were left with some air/water/soap bubles at some spots, so will be taking off and throwing that piece of film before trying again, at which point I'll also be able to see if I managed to cut the film only, and not also the paint.

I recommend getting some cheaper throw away rolls of PPF to experiment with first, as applying this is harder than it looks and after a few tries, I've gotten a lot better. E.g., something like this: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B004VG88MQ/

Once you've messed up your only piece of pre-cut film, which there is a pretty good chance you'll do if it's your first try, that piece is lost.

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Didn't go so well unfortunately:

Hello Mr. Michael_vroomvroom, we have your order for the 2018-2021 Mustang Paint
Protection Front Kit. We are having templating issues with this item and
unfortunately we are going to have to refund this order as we are not sure
when these issues will be completed. We appreciate your interest in our
products and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

OP
OP
Torey3

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I just ordered some rear fender pieces yesterday. I saw that the clear bra want on the site. Was wondering why.
Sponsored