Sponsored

AMAZING Plasma Spark plugs-By: Pulstar!!!!!

maximized98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Convertible
Just Google pulstar plug scam. That will answer any questions you may have. Keep them far away from your engine

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I remember when they first came out and independent reviews show they do work!

About as good as any run of the mill Spark plug!
:D

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
About like all that Amway crap... :)

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I'll say this, years ago I installed Splitfire spark plugs in my 5.0 LX. I had been getting about 22mpg on the hwy traveling back and forth to school (4 hour drive). After I installed them I was getting 28 MPG in the same trip! This was in 1991!! So plugs can make a difference. As a matter of fact after about a year I saw the MPG go back to 22 on hwy after an oil change at the dealership. I was selling the car so I didn't think anything of it but the new owner (a friend of mine) took a look at the plugs, they were MOTORCRAFT! It seems I got my oil changed and someone swapped out my plugs for regular ones. I was pissed but could never prove anything.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
The thing is, If I had bought these and they did not work, why would I praise them and tell others to purchase them...??? Why would I be buying them again???

I'm not claiming 20 HP gains, not at all, just saying you will feel a difference in throttle response, some HP, and Trq and definitely MPG gains.
post up a dyno sheet that you have on your car for before and after results....butt dyno doesn't count here :cheers:

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Spark plugs that add horsepower? Yeah, I'll buy that. Right after I spray my intake air filter with Abercrombie Fierce Cologne...it adds like 4 HP and my engine smells sexy.
Anyone here interested in buying a case of ZMAX? I know a guy that knows a guy.

OP
OP
NavyNolan

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
post up a dyno sheet that you have on your car for before and after results....butt dyno doesn't count here :cheers:
Actually, The company is sending me their newest product to BETA test in my 15' V6, as they haven't tested their new plugs yet on a 2015. I plan on finding a local Dyno shop here in the U.K. that will allow me to do two Dyno runs one before/Post install. I will definitely post the results.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
I use these premium plugs and got a 50HP increase.

I also fill my tank with organic free range gasoline.

/s

Sponsored

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Actually, The company is sending me their newest product to BETA test in my 15' V6, as they haven't tested their new plugs yet on a 2015. I plan on finding a local Dyno shop here in the U.K. that will allow me to do two Dyno runs one before/Post install. I will definitely post the results.
The plugs could actually be a technological evolution. It is confidence inspiring that at the least they have a published paper on their work, although the only non-employee author on the paper is an associate professor - Tim Jacobs, in the ME dept at Texas A&M. The paper is behind a paywall, otherwise I'd read it. Please post up a copy if you have it.

Bottom line is butt-dyno performance increases have zero credibility. That's the reason everyone is calling scam. There's a million variables that go into TQ, HP, MPG including age of the vehicle, age of the spark plugs you replaced, vehicle upkeep, tune, testing conditions, gas quality, etc etc.

The only way to responsibly support a product is with an apples to apples comparison, on the same dyno, same weather, same tire pressure, same gas, controlling all variables except your two sets of spark plugs. And even then, dyno's have been known to vary as much as 10 hp per run.

Great intentions, but you can't expect to get out of here with virgin skin if you don't bring data. :cheers:

1stmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang fastback
'Screams gimmick'..Another assumption ....I have bought and used them and actually felt the real gains yet, you all just want to say: "Oh-It can't be real, because I 'think' it's not...Right...

This company not only has actual proven R&D testing and research done by 3rd party non-biased companies, there's science journals by: The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME); SAE World Congress; and others+ I AM stating from personal experience that these do work...But, you guys whom have never even heard of them until today are the experts and are claiming falsehood against a product you are in the dark about...Right...

At Enerpulse, we are a technology driven company. Not only do we do extensive research, development, and testing in house, we also put our technology to the test with third party, highly regarded industry sources. In addition to third party testing, the creator of the pulse plug technology, Lou Camilli, has partnered with several reputable individuals in the fields of internal combustion ignition and pulsed power technology to study the effects of Pulstar pulsed power technology on internal combustion ignition. Their findings have been presented at scientific conferences and published in many reputable scientific journals.

Below are summaries of the peer-reviewed studies which support the claims of the Pulstar brand.
Peer review is the evaluation of work by qualified members of a profession within the relevant field. Peer review methods are employed to maintain standards of quality, improve performance, and provide credibility. Peer review methods are often used to determine a paper's suitability for publication.

ASME Internal Combustion Engine Division’s Technical Conference
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Journal Program has been established to further the progress of science through the sharing the latest engineering research. The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) publishes the highest quality peer-reviewed literature in their respective field of mechanical engineering. Peer-reviewed papers of high technical quality related to the development, advancement, and improved understanding of the internal combustion engine are presented at the ASME Internal Combustion Engine Division’s Technical Conference. Accepted papers presented at the conference are archived on the conference digital collection.

Paper Name: Improvement in Lean Homogenous Spark-Ignition Combustion with Pulsed Energy Spark Plug
Paper Number: ICEF2012-92165
Published: September 2012

A study was conducted using combustion bomb equipment and protocols in a controlled laboratory setting to evaluate the pulsed energy spark plug. Test data shows that pulsed energy plugs deliver a significantly improved spark event creating an enhanced flame kernel with a more consistent combustion process compared to traditional spark plugs. In addition to functioning well in stoichiometric air-fuel mixtures, the pulse energy plug performed better than conventional spark plugs in lean air-fuel mixtures. These findings clearly demonstrate that a Pulstar pulse plugs produce a better spark event which results in improved combustion of normal and harder to ignite fuel mixtures.

For additional information please click here to access the paper.

. . . .

SAE World Congress
The SAE World Congress is a yearly event that assembles the best talent in the automotive industry; experts, management teams, engineers, and executives alike gather to collaborate and address these current challenges, celebrate evolution and achievement over the last 100+ years, and promote the multitude of opportunities fundamental for a successful future. SAE World Congress technical papers are current, peer-reviewed technical papers targeting the latest trends in the mobility industry. Once approved by the review panel, participants present their papers at the conference and the papers are published in the SAE Technical Paper Collection.

Paper Name: Improvement in Spark-Ignition Engine Fuel Consumption and Cyclic Variability with Pulsed Energy Spark Plug
Paper Number: 2012-01-1151
Published: April 2012

A key element to achieving vehicle emission certification for most light-duty vehicles using spark-ignition engine technology is prompt catalyst warming. Emission mitigation largely does not occur while the catalyst is below its “light-off temperature”, which takes a certain time to achieve when the engine starts from a cold condition. If the catalyst takes too long to light-off, the vehicle could fail its emission certification; it is necessary to minimize the catalyst warm up period to mitigate emissions as quickly as possible. This study examined how pulsed energy spark plugs using an embedded capacitor directly to the center electrode, to produce a 5MW electrical discharge that conditions the fuel charge at the molecular level during the spark event. This discharge forms a plasma field with very high ultraviolet photon energy around the spark gap. The plasma field extends into the combustion chamber and sensitizes a large portion of the fuel air mixture, thus greatly enhancing combustion during cold start. This allows a vehicle to reach the light-off temperature level more quickly while reducing unburned hydrocarbon emissions.

Paper Name: High Power Discharge Combustion Effects on Fuel Consumption, Emissions, and Catalyst Heating
Paper Number: 2014-01-2626
Published: October 2014

For additional information, please click here to access the paper.

Thermodynamic testing of an advanced automotive power plant was conducted using an engine dynamometer in a controlled laboratory setting to evaluate the technology used by the pulsed energy spark plugs. The test data show that the pulsed energy plug delivers improvements in fuel economy, ignition time, burn duration and cycle-to-cycle variability compared to a traditional spark plug. The pulsed energy plugs created an improved spark event and flame kernel which a provided a more controlled and predictable flame development. These findings clearly prove that a bigger spark, like the spark that is produced in the Pulstar pulse plugs, improves fuel mixture combustion by consistently igniting the fuel at a predictable time and burning the fuel mixture more completely.

Paper Name: Automotive Ignition Transfer Efficiency
Paper Number: 02FFL-204
Published: October 2002

This paper studies an innovative automotive technology, peaking capacitors in the high voltage circuit of the ignition system; which are used in conjunction with automotive spark plugs. The findings in this paper came from research and testing in a controlled laboratory setting. The data show that peaking capacitors produced a larger spark, and a larger than normal flame kernel which results in improved combustion more consistently, increased torque, and improved fuel economy. There is evidence that exhaust emissions can be also be reduced. These findings clearly demonstrate that a peaking capacitor like the ones that are found in Pulstar pulse plugs produce a bigger spark; improving combustion, increasing torque, and improving fuel economy.

The only thing that would make them real is if they actually increase horsepower/torque can increase your 0-60 speed. Anything else is a placebo effect. BTW, it's been almost a month, you got those dyno results yet?

Last edited:

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
A lot of Debbie Downers in 6g lately. Let him share his findings, no need to try and bash the guy for trying to inform the community on what he believes is useful information.

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
spark plugs

Those plugs are no good. Thin oil and tornado intakes don't work either. The trick is pure nitrogen in your tires. When I made that switch I got 33 mpg in the city and 46 mpg on the highway. My horse power increased by 50 at the rear wheel. I know it works because Nascar uses it. I get my pure nitrogen from my compressor. It's free that way ,, my neighbor told me that. :crazy:

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
It's amazing.... the big OEM vehicle manufactures spends countless millions on new engines, transmissions, and other technology to gain a few mpgs and horsepower..... and yet you can get the same gains with a $95 set of spark plugs????? :doh:

If these Technologically advanced plugs actually worked as avertised... every OEM car would come from the factory with already installed.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck.... it's probably a duck :lol:

oh look... bottled Snake Oil for sale... $5 for one or $11 for 2...:D

and as for the "nitrogen" in your tires that you paid for.... the ambient air we breathe is 78% nitrogen.... you just paid for an extra 22% more nitrogen.... the gains don't come from the extra nitrogen... they come from you having your tires "properly inflated".
Sponsored