Sponsored

Am I wrong?

cobra8u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
So on the first week of April I called my dealer and gave the service dept the code to have recall done and told them I wanted an oil change as well. So on friday April 14 at 8 am I take my car in, a full week and a half later and an hour later they said car is done and they will order the part for the recall :frusty: wtf you didn't order the part and you changed my oil....I am so forking pissed!
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
So they had your car for a week and a half and all they did was change the oil? I'd be pissed too.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Did you confirm the dealer had the recall part before they started service?

OP
OP
cobra8u

cobra8u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Did you confirm the dealer had the recall part before they started service?
No I did not, they made the appt knowing the recall code and had a full 10 days to get the part in, they confirmed the appt for the recall code 2 days before so I figured they had the part, but after they changed my oil and told me they had to see what part to order I was so upset because I assumed the recall told them what part to order and they should have been on that from the day the appt was made.

Sponsored

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's just wrong. Hope you can unfudge the situation with the manager so it doesn't happen in the future. It's so hard you find good service. Everyone is out to lunch or on drugs :(

OP
OP
cobra8u

cobra8u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
I gave them the code up front like the recall letter stated, I assumed that told them to order the part associated with the recall so they could do the recall service. When I made an appt for my 2007 civic Si last summer and they said hey give us another couple days and we will order the passenger side airbag to take care of the airbag recall...so they made the appt to satisfy that expected date on something I wasn't even aware of. HONDA service is so much better than Ford!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
This is when... you vent your dissatisfaction with that dealer on the Survey you should be receiving via email and/or mail from Ford plus that dealer. You can also contact Ford Customer Service to escalate the stupidity you encountered.

BSures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
When I took my 350 into the Glendale Ford dealer for the recall, it took them 3 weeks to get the service done. 1st week to order the part, they don't just pull your VIN over the phone, 2nd week, to order the connectors because not all the proper parts arrived and the 3rd week was install.

On the phone before dropping it off they said "oh yeah it'll take 2 -3 days..."

Sponsored
OP
OP
cobra8u

cobra8u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
When I took my 350 into the Glendale Ford dealer for the recall, it took them 3 weeks to get the service done. 1st week to order the part, they don't just pull your VIN over the phone, 2nd week, to order the connectors because not all the proper parts arrived and the 3rd week was install.

On the phone before dropping it off they said "oh yeah it'll take 2 -3 days..."
When I first made appt I asked them how long the service would take,:headbonk: and the guy told me about an hour....guessing this should have been my tip that something was off.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got mine done last week.
I called the dealer to schedule an overdue oil change and wanted to get recall done at the same time. They ordered the part with VIN, so I had to wait and hope. Took about 10 days to come in. It came in while getting the oil changed, so they kept it overnight to do a same day recall install.

They mentioned the last dealer to service it did not replace two screws on the splitter. Good to know (strike 2 on them).

:cheers:

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Any extra miles on the car? I would like to borrow your car for a week and hell, I will change the oil on my dime.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
i wouldn't say you're wrong, or you're right. it sounds like this dealership may not know how warranty work "can" be done, so they wanted to review the car and confirm before placing the order. OR they could have been burned in the past, or just recently with something similar
Sponsored