Am I the only who is disappointed?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
over on another forum we were discussing the Ford GT, and there is mod/owner there who said. "what if I told you it is faster than the Ford GT on a lot of tracks"
Not saying it is, but if anyone would know at this point, other than ford performance guys, he would be one of them.
if true, which I'm assuming it is, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it, it's going to be fast as hell.
Just sayin
Sponsored

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Yep you are on your own... Just the 7spd dct is huge. Not sure what you were expecting
3 pedals! I agree the dct is huge for some but it's a deal breaker for me.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
\
Where do you get your info, I am pretty sure the ZL1 bitch slaps the 350/R lol

The ZL1 ran the Nurburgring in 7:16 and the 350R did it in 7:32....
The GT350R has never been to the 'Ring. But if you get your info from HPKings, I have a bridge to sell you :crazy::cwl:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
over on another forum we were discussing the Ford GT, and there is mod/owner there who said. "what if I told you it is faster than the Ford GT on a lot of tracks"
Not saying it is, but if anyone would know at this point, other than ford performance guys, he would be one of them.
if true, which I'm assuming it is, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it, it's going to be fast as hell.
Just sayin
That’s just not realistic at all.

He’s likely talking drag tracks. If otherwise, ford really pounded the pooch on the Ford GT.

I mean really? I can’t fathom that.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That’s just not realistic at all.

He’s likely talking drag tracks. If otherwise, ford really pounded the pooch on the Ford GT.

I mean really? I can’t fathom that.
Could be right, but didn't seem like we were discussing dragging at that time.
Those two two guys who have been divulging tid bits about the car (s), are very honest and respectable. I dont think they would be pulling our legs. BUT, you never know until it posts some times.
Edit: There was also some talk that the track pack will beat the zl1-1le VIR best time, as in not a guess but a done deal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Could be right, but didn't seem like we were discussing dragging at that time.
Those two two guys who have been divulging tid bits about the car (s), are very honest and respectable. I dont think they would be pulling our legs. BUT, you never know until it posts some times.
Edit: There was also some talk that the track pack will beat the zl1-1le VIR best time, as in not a guess but a done deal.
VIR is a high speed track, yeah?

That’s the only way I can see it. Maximal grip and hp. Just like the ZR1 beating the GT (was VIR I think).

I’m going to be very curious when they go head to head at laguna seca, 500 vs 1LE.

It’s possible ford has created a car that is syngergistic and equal to more than the sum of its parts.

Logically my mind is screaming it’s not possible on the S550 chassis, but that means it’s ZR1 fast, no?

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its the same crap when any new car comes out. The 18 GT was the worst ever. Now everyone nuts in their pants over those. Itll be the same with the GT500. You got a basket full of unknown performance variables. But for all the magazine racers. They will have to see times in motor trend before they will change their minds. What's sad is the guys over on camaro6. Have more realistic views than here.
I believe the reason there is still some unknown variables is because FORD is not exactly happy with how the car came out. They designed the car around the 15-17 headlights which shows how long ago they actually started working on it. I'm glad they used the older headlights because it will help keep my 4 year old car looking current!

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
VIR is a high speed track, yeah?

That’s the only way I can see it. Maximal grip and hp. Just like the ZR1 beating the GT (was VIR I think).

I’m going to be very curious when they go head to head at laguna seca, 500 vs 1LE.

It’s possible ford has created a car that is syngergistic and equal to more than the sum of its parts.

Logically my mind is screaming it’s not possible on the S550 chassis, but that means it’s ZR1 fast, no?
Yeah, we were posting about drag times on another thread and one of the posts made were something along the lines of.
literally at least as fast in a straight line as the most expensive Corvette you can buy. Also mentioned an average Joe - 10s in 130s, drive off the strip and head to the track.

Hey, I'm just sayin' these aren't my quotes, just what I've seen posted by guys who would know.
I'm sure he knows that hero runs in the ZR1 would best the GT500s hero runs, but the GT500 will be consistant with 10s at the strip.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I believe the reason there is still some unknown variables is because FORD is not exactly happy with how the car came out. They designed the car around the 15-17 headlights which shows how long ago they actually started working on it. I'm glad they used the older headlights because it will help keep my 4 year old car looking current!
No, it is standard practice to not release the numbers up to the last minute because they are still working on maximizing performance. I don't know what your beef is or why you choose to be a "glass is half empty" kind of guy. I have no doubt you will be eating crow when the final numbers are released. If you are a player, which I seriously doubt, Id start looking for where are you going to get this car from (unless that never was your intention).

I never really recall your input on any of this until the reveal. I'm guessing you are just another tire kicker to begin with.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That could be? Or it could simply be a matter of underestimating the competition early on. And now they are tweeking the power and handling to shoot down two high level bogies. The red eye in a straight line. And the zl1 in the twisties. Which is fine with me. Better to hold off releasing a top trim car. Then getting your teeth kicked in. By the competition. Because ford was short sighted. I have a feeling the GT500 is going to be a very fast car. Just judging by things like the enormous tires & brakes. DCT. And the size of the blower.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, it is standard practice to not release the numbers up to the last minute because they are still working on maximizing performance. I don't know what your beef is or why you choose to be a "glass is half empty" kind of guy. I have no doubt you will be eating crow when the final numbers are released. If you are a player, which I seriously doubt, Id start looking for where are you going to get this car from (unless that never was your intention).

I never really recall your input on any of this until the reveal. I'm guessing you are just another tire kicker to begin with.
I'm not a half empty guy, I hope this car ends up being an absolute beast. I simply just stated that I'm disappointed with what we know so far and what is pretty safe to speculate. I've been present all over mustang6g for the last 4 years. I guess I'm just a tire kicker because I have no plans of buying a 2020 GT 500 new or any other new car for $80k! I do have plans to buy something used in the future but it will not be a 2020 GT 500 because as of now it will not be made in manual. Hopefully FORD changes their mind and offers a version with a manual!

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That could be? Or it could simply be a matter of underestimating the competition early on. And now they are tweeking the power and handling to shoot down two high level bogies. The red eye in a straight line. And the zl1 in the twisties. Which is fine with me. Better to hold off releasing a top trim car. Then getting your teeth kicked in. By the competition. Because ford was short sighted. I have a feeling the GT500 is going to be a very fast car. Just judging by things like the enormous tires & brakes. DCT. And the size of the blower.
Let's hope, competition is always a good thing!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm not a half empty guy, I hope this car ends up being an absolute beast. I simply just stated that I'm disappointed with what we know so far and what is pretty safe to speculate. I've been present all over mustang6g for the last 4 years. I guess I'm just a tire kicker because I have no plans of buying a 2020 GT 500 new or any other new car for $80k! I do have plans to buy something used in the future but it will not be a 2020 GT 500 because as of now it will not be made in manual. Hopefully FORD changes their mind and offers a version with a manual!
So why would anyone be disappointed if they never really had any intention of ever buying the car?

This is just drama on your part.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So why would anyone be disappointed if they never really had any intention of ever buying the car?

This is just drama on your part.
No drama, I do have plans to buy a new/used car! My next car could've been a 2020 GT 500 but it will not be because I'm disappointed in it. Just the fact it's doesn't come in a manual is a deal breaker for me. Back when I was looking for my last car I was in the market for a used 2013 gt or a new 2014. Then came the release of the 15's and I fell in love! I still have it and still love it. After all the mods the only complaint I have left is she is still a little over weight. I was hoping for the same excitement for the new GT 500 but it's just not there. I'm sure for some it is their dream car but SORRY it's not mine.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Yeah, we were posting about drag times on another thread and one of the posts made were something along the lines of.
literally at least as fast in a straight line as the most expensive Corvette you can buy. Also mentioned an average Joe - 10s in 130s, drive off the strip and head to the track.

Hey, I'm just sayin' these aren't my quotes, just what I've seen posted by guys who would know.
I'm sure he knows that hero runs in the ZR1 would best the GT500s hero runs, but the GT500 will be consistant with 10s at the strip.
I have said it for a while now.I think the GT500 is gonna kill the zl1,1le.The testing was already done im sure.:like:
Sponsored