Sponsored

Am I the only who is disappointed?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well I am sad to say that you are right.
What with the ugly front grill, the add on rear spoiler, the meaningless white side stripes and no side rear wheel air vents its Ho Hum.
No HP #, no Torque #, no Top Speed # = lousy marketing by Ford!!!
So Sad . . .
Makes my soooooooooo glad I bought a new BULLITT !!!
The front grill design is a direct result for the necessity of keeping this forced induced engine cool during all driving applications (double the open area of the GT350) and really not sure what you meant by referring to "the add on rear spoiler" as I looked at it very closely in person and thought that it looked outstanding?

Also the 5" quad exhausts are killer and will provide a beautiful aural sound for this bad boy.

Regarding the lousy marketing by Ford, not sure how Ford is supposed to provide horsepower, torque and top speed spec's at this time based on the fact that Carl Widman and his team continues to extract more horsepower and additional torque right up until the GT500 goes into production this coming Fall.

With this car still ~9 months away from launch I personally applaud Carl and his team for continuing to strive for additional performance improvements right up to production time.

When all said and done I will suggest that when the new GT500 launches this Fall it will meet and most probably will exceed most enthusiasts expectations.

At the end of the day what is really sad is how you continue to ignore the above facts and continue on with your uneducated posts.

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Well I am sad to say that you are right.
What with the ugly front grill, the add on rear spoiler, the meaningless white side stripes and no side rear wheel air vents its Ho Hum.
No HP #, no Torque #, no Top Speed # = lousy marketing by Ford!!!
So Sad . . .
Makes my soooooooooo glad I bought a new BULLITT !!!
This is the only angle you'll have to get used to seeing ...

upload_2019-1-21_14-38-41.png

:D

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
"Add on rear spoiler" :crackup:

If you don't know what they do and think they're "rice", you obviously won't be needing their benefit . Guess what? You can buy a cheaper GT500 that has a smaller spoiler/wing thing that you can take off and hard park it at a car show to your visual liking.

Sponsored

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
Discloser; I am not a Ford hater I have owned quite a few. I had a 2016 GT350 and liked it a lot. Voodoo had some bugs, cooling, oil consumption and low end TQ were an issue for me so I sold it.

GT500 has yet to be tested in the wild. We probably won't see one for 6-8 months. Everything about it is speculation at this point, it is not even a finished product. No published performance numbers or weight.

With that said, we know that GT500 will likely have epic straight line and street abilities. The road course will define it's ability to be a triple threat. With DSSV's amazing predictability and track manners already in place on the GT and ZL1 1LE, I am a bit surprised that Ford Performance did not go that route. Additional coolers and those big front brakes however are an indication that GT500s track prowess were a concern to the engineers.

So, in the spirit of MaskedRacerX… and triple threat machines...

On a circuit in a stock configuration with drivers of the same skill levels.; GT500 has to prove it can get past this. Without ADMs it is likely cost significantly more than this (optioned alike).
InkedZ7_LI 2.jpg

MSRP will be the same as this (without ADMs), GT500 unlikely to get around it.
Z062.jpg

ADMs will drive the cost to near this; GT500 will never get around this. GT would have a tough time getting around this and costs $350K+ more (see VIR times).
ZR1.jpg

Again; I'm not a hater. Ford needs to prove with all of the time and hype invested in this car that they got it right this time. Value included...IMHO, ADMs will likely destroy the affordability of this car for the average everyday street/strip/track enthusiast. Greedy dealers are going to gouge us on this one. Most will be relegated to garage queen status because of this. Sad, I believe that Ford intended for GT500 to be a drivers car for the hard working American man/woman.

Opinions will vary.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Discloser; I am not a Ford hater I have owned quite a few. I had a 2016 GT350 and liked it a lot. Voodoo had some bugs, cooling, oil consumption and low end TQ were an issue for me so I sold it.

GT500 has yet to be tested in the wild. We probably won't see one for 6-8 months. Everything about it is speculation at this point, it is not even a finished product. No published performance numbers or weight.

With that said, we know that GT500 will likely have epic straight line and street abilities. The road course will define it's ability to be a triple threat. With DSSV's amazing predictability and track manners already in place on the GT and ZL1 1LE, I am a bit surprised that Ford Performance did not go that route. Additional coolers and those big front brakes however are an indication that GT500s track prowess were a concern to the engineers.

So, in the spirit of MaskedRacerX… and triple threat machines...

On a circuit in a stock configuration with drivers of the same skill levels.; GT500 has to prove it can get past this. Without ADMs it is likely cost significantly more than this (optioned alike).
InkedZ7_LI 2.jpg

MSRP will be the same as this (without ADMs), GT500 unlikely to get around it.
Z062.jpg

ADMs will drive the cost to near this; GT500 will never get around this. GT would have a tough time getting around this and costs $350K+ more (see VIR times).
ZR1.jpg

Again; I'm not a hater. Ford needs to prove with all of the time and hype invested in this car that they got it right this time. Value included...IMHO, ADMs will likely destroy the affordability of this car for the average everyday street/strip/track enthusiast. Greedy dealers are going to gouge us on this one. Most will be relegated to garage queen status because of this. Sad, I believe that Ford intended for GT500 to be a drivers car for the hard working American man/woman.

Opinions will vary.
the new GT500 will have no problem blowing past the zl1,1le.the camaro isnt selling well at all neither is the zl1.at VIR the GT500 will piss on the zl1.

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
Thank you for your well thought out 'fanboy" reply.

Time will tell.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
GT500 has to prove it can get past this.
Well, the Camaro driver won't be able to see the GT500 behind them before they get passed ...

*drops mic*

tenor.gif

The price will be very interesting, the Shelby Mustang variants are clearly prized and are able to sustain ADM over a long period, but when a car is getting +$20K over, vs. a car that's getting $5K under and they're in the same "market segment", and there's a big difference at MSRP, well, I hear what you're saying - but in terms of objective comparison, we still have to use MSRP.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
you dont like it ,to dam bad.enjoy your CRAPMARO from Garbage Motors/china motors.
The Alpha chassis, particularly the unibody, is unequivocally more advanced than the S550 chassis. Sorry, not sorry. Get over yourself.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
The Alpha chassis, particularly the unibody, is unequivocally more advanced than the S550 chassis. Sorry, not sorry. Get over yourself.
We already know you are sorry, when the time comes you will see.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yet the PP2 is as fast/faster than a SS 1LE, a GT350R is faster than a ZR1, and the 500 is likely faster than the ZR1 1LE.
Sponsored