Sponsored

AM Generic Stock location Intercooler ...

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Decided it was not worth the effort of removing my stock-location upgrade Mishimoto Intercooler out of my 2016 to swap into my new special order 2021 I took delivery of last Friday.

Pulled the plastic under panel off the 2016 and I saw some flaking paint and aluminum corrosion from 5 years /100k+ miles of driving (including 5 winters), and figured I should not waste any more time on it and just leave it in there and buy a new one.

I paid $468 for the Mishimoto in May 2016 ... a good price on one now is $612.
American Muscle has a generic one that looks like a knock-off for $273:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-intercooler-boitcl-fm15-t1-bk.html

Anyone have one of these ?? There are even cheap ones on ebay from brands I've never heard of (around $200), but I think I'd rather spend a bit more & get from a known vendor like AM and that I've bought from before.

Figure if it's going to not be worth swapping out in 5 years anyway, may as well spend 1/2 the $$.

Other performance mods will be Cobb Stage 1 Tune (2021 available soon per Cobb support), Green Air Filter, UPR DVCC, & MGW Shifter. Got the Active Exhaust on the 2021, so I'll be staying stock there this time.

Doug
Sponsored

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
If you're going stock location give us a look while you comparison shop.

There are plenty of reviews on the site (and via a Google search) but the product page link below has actual data proving the effectiveness of our unit at a comparable price to the AM one.

https://www.cvfab.com/collections/1...street-intercooler-2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost

No taxes added (we eat the cost) and free shipping to the lower 48 as well - feel free to give me a shout via PM for a discount code or if you have any questions!

OP
OP
stangs-R-me

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Just ordered the CVF version after a little Q&A with Jason.

I had a concern about possible corrosion between the aluminum cooler and the mounting brackets, as I "assumed" the brackets were "painted steel" but they are actually fabricated from 304 STAINLESS STEEL. The 304 SS should play nicely with the coated aluminum intercooler, plus it would be covered under warranty if I ever did have corrosion issues.

It cost a little more than the generic AM one (13%), but I think this was money better spent.

Thanks Jason & CVF !!

Doug

BLU-PNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang premium vert, 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2006 Mazda Miata
Good choice & value IMO. I have the CVF Street intercooler and have been very pleased with the product (and service). Same with their resonator delete Y-pipe.
Sponsored