dbtgt

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Missed the corrosion prevention step. In the corrosion world it’s called white rust. The parts or parts were either grabbed before corrosion protection or they missed that step by accident. Even if you live at the beach it wouldn’t start that fast if they were protected properly after casting
The odd thing is that it seems that all the cast aluminum parts would have had to have been missed by accident or intentionally because the issue appears to be universal on my car. It's not like the block or the oil pan were inadvertently missed...
Sponsored

OP
OP
dbtgt

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Hey, I have this exact thing going on with my 2020 GT500. Located in Houston. 100% garage kept with 1500 track miles (no rain ever). I suspect it has something to do with the absurdly high humidity levels we experience. I'll have to research some of the advice/threads posted in response here to see how to get a handle on it
Another HTX car. Nice to meet you. LOL.

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, Base w/tech, black roof, vinyl stripes
Has anyone observed oxidation on the surface of the aluminum castings on their engine parts including the block and oil pan? Mine was built with a blend date of 11-19-2021 and delivered to dealer in Louisiana in January, 2021 (winter time) with 6 miles on odometer. Car was put directly in showroom from transport (according to sales manager) and remained there until I purchased on February 18, 2021. Car was driven 600 miles directly home and now has 950 miles. Car has never been driven in rain since it was delivered to me, but I have no idea about the first 6 miles of its life.

Has anyone else experienced this oxidation on a new car? I have seen photos of others on this forum on lifts that show the engine blocks and other cast aluminum parts to be clean as a whistle. Any thoughts? Salt spray from transport to Louisiana?
IMG_3109.jpg
Being from Northern Maine, I have seen this often. Usually where there is a lot of humidity and or condensation, this occurs. Normal and will wipe off with a rag. Many of my cars had this when I would take them out of storage and or leave them in the garage too long depending on the time of year.

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Makes sense the humid conditions combined with condensation on the engine components would accelerate the corrosion. Very similar to accelerated salt spray testing, Google it.

OP
OP
dbtgt

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Makes sense the humid conditions combined with condensation on the engine components would accelerate the corrosion. Very similar to accelerated salt spray testing, Google it.
This is another quote from a Raptor forum discussing corrosion on newly delivered trucks. This conclusion seems to me to be the most plausible explanation for this issue...

"It could have traveled hundreds of miles like that on roads covered in salt- or way worse, calcium chloride and magnesium chloride. A nice fine mist of it constantly being driven into every square inch of the undercarriage. Then it gets unloaded and left to corrode on the lot for weeks or months.

Nothing else makes sense. There's no reason one truck would be all corroded and another not, unless one is exposed to something the other hasn't been."

Shelbyshakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone observed oxidation on the surface of the aluminum castings on their engine parts including the block and oil pan? Mine was built with a blend date of 11-19-2021 and delivered to dealer in Louisiana in January, 2021 (winter time) with 6 miles on odometer. Car was put directly in showroom from transport (according to sales manager) and remained there until I purchased on February 18, 2021. Car was driven 600 miles directly home and now has 950 miles. Car has never been driven in rain since it was delivered to me, but I have no idea about the first 6 miles of its life.

Has anyone else experienced this oxidation on a new car? I have seen photos of others on this forum on lifts that show the engine blocks and other cast aluminum parts to be clean as a whistle. Any thoughts? Salt spray from transport to Louisiana?
IMG_3109.jpg
Yes my 2021 looks the same , picked it up from dealership about a month ago with 4 miles on it and went right to ppf and ceramic from dealership , no rain . iam in NY so who knows about the winter travel of the car ....

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Looks like someone did 'donuts' in the snow/ice/salt during the first 6 miles.
Nope. Is condensation. Pals 2017 camaro is a 3k mile car never been in the rain. Sits in a storage unit. Poor engine and everything alum is snow white...

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R