Sponsored

Allignment - wrong settings applied - non performance pack.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Hey,

So I had the bmr cradle lockout, steeda centering sleaves and bmr 2 point brace fitted last aug. I took the car for a full allignment about a week later and they aligned it. Fast forward to about 1400 miles later and having her serviced today the mechanic says the tyres are wearing on the inside edges. So looking at my printout it shows non performance pack non track pack which is wrong. I've been back to the shop today and they said if anything the settings they applied would reduce the inside wear and going by the performance pack settings it would run more camber handle better but increase wear. Does this sound right? Attached is my printout. I'm taking the car back froday and can have the performance pack settings put on but if this has resulted in my MPS4s tyres prematurely wearing id really like to know!! Tyres have around 9000 miles on them.
Screenshot_20210118-114306_WhatsApp.jpg
Sponsored

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi Pal,

Are all 4 tyres wearing on the inside? Your alignment is all with tolerances for our cars although i find some tolerances to much and they can cause wear in some case.

Standard Front,
-0.8 deg camber +/- 0.8
0.00 deg toe +/- 0.2

Standard Rear,
-1.2 deg camber +/- 0.8
0.1 deg toe +/- 0.2

What i have mine set too exactly.
Front
-1.2 deg camber.
0.2 deg toe.

Rear
-1.6 deg camber
0.2 deg toe

10,000 miles on PS4s and no abnormal wear.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Hi Pal,

Are all 4 tyres wearing on the inside? Your alignment is all with tolerances for our cars although i find some tolerances to much and they can cause wear in some case.

Standard Front,
-0.8 deg camber +/- 0.8
0.00 deg toe +/- 0.2

Standard Rear,
-1.2 deg camber +/- 0.8
0.1 deg toe +/- 0.2

What i have mine set too exactly.
Front
-1.2 deg camber.
0.2 deg toe.

Rear
-1.6 deg camber
0.2 deg toe

10,000 miles on PS4s and no abnormal wear.
Sorry, just the fronts. All 4 tyres were replaced at the same time.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Hanks for the reply! WHere did you get those settings from? My tyres were a little low.im pressure for a while, 28psi and had them filled with nitrogen recently at 32. Would this cause it? Tyres done about 9k.

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hanks for the reply! WHere did you get those settings from? My tyres were a little low.im pressure for a while, 28psi and had them filled with nitrogen recently at 32. Would this cause it? Tyres done about 9k.
I originally got them from a google search and wrote them down, One was standard and one was Steeda recommended. Low pressures will definitely cause wear. Usually both edges if very low but given you have nearly -1.3 deg camber on front both combined would cause problems

Sponsored

fya67k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 'TY' Mustang GT, and it's here!
Hey,

So I had the bmr cradle lockout, steeda centering sleaves and bmr 2 point brace fitted last aug. I took the car for a full allignment about a week later and they aligned it. Fast forward to about 1400 miles later and having her serviced today the mechanic says the tyres are wearing on the inside edges. So looking at my printout it shows non performance pack non track pack which is wrong. I've been back to the shop today and they said if anything the settings they applied would reduce the inside wear and going by the performance pack settings it would run more camber handle better but increase wear. Does this sound right? Attached is my printout. I'm taking the car back froday and can have the performance pack settings put on but if this has resulted in my MPS4s tyres prematurely wearing id really like to know!! Tyres have around 9000 miles on them.
Screenshot_20210118-114306_WhatsApp.jpg
Hi, mine went to Demon Tweeks who seemed much more switched on than ABP.
Your front Camber value is a bit strong for a PP. Standard PP's from the factory quote around -1.03, Toe-in on a PP is around 0.00.
Have you changed the front strut to hub bolts with the adjustable cam ones to dial in your Camber?

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Hi, mine went to Demon Tweeks who seemed much more switched on than ABP.
Your front Camber value is a bit strong for a PP. Standard PP's from the factory quote around -1.03, Toe-in on a PP is around 0.00.
Have you changed the front strut to hub bolts with the adjustable cam ones to dial in your Camber?
Hey,
Thanks for the reply. Do you have a picture of the settings? So 1.03 is less so therefore would reduce inside wear? Abp were having none of it saying the pp has more camber so if they change this it will wear more. Should I be pushing for new tyres?

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Oh also no cqmber bolts have been changed at all. All standard suspension

fya67k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 'TY' Mustang GT, and it's here!
Hey,
Thanks for the reply. Do you have a picture of the settings? So 1.03 is less so therefore would reduce inside wear? Abp were having none of it saying the pp has more camber so if they change this it will wear more. Should I be pushing for new tyres?
Hello,
Go to a thread from 'Gibbo205' titled Gibbo's Handling Guide to the S550 Gt Mustang from 1st March 2016. A lot of your questions will be answered here.
The Camber Bolts are a must if you want to sort the front out, either BMR or Eibach do them.
your inside tyre wear is very definitely from camber. I'd also try the toe-in at 0.00 to reduce wear.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
So I've been back to the shop and they said they couldn't pull any more camber out which is funny as they did manage to last time. They have added more toe to offset the increased camber, they said that should move the wear from the inside to the out. I'm tempted to take it another garage. Sigh

16116810632653378888635880209718.jpg

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I've been back to the shop and they said they couldn't pull any more camber out which is funny as they did manage to last time. They have added more toe to offset the increased camber, they said that should move the wear from the inside to the out. I'm tempted to take it another garage. Sigh

16116810632653378888635880209718.jpg
Have you had any work done on the front struts?
Sponsored