All stock, Just a Tune+

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
That could almost pass for stock to an untrained eye!
A very untrained eye. :headbonk:

When people want to look at my engine, I show them the turbo, their response... where? My reply... under that little metal heat shield right there... you can't really see much... Their reply... oh...
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I just realized I never even posted my setup on the forums lol.

Stock Airbox
Stock Downpipe
Stock Exhaust
Full-Race Manifold
7670EFR
E85

425whp/425wtq
Adam,

What would that make on regular 93 e10? There's only one place anywhere near me that has e85 so I don't want to go that route. The rest sounds very intriguing. My original goal is/was near 400/400. Once I'm done with this warranty crap, I'd really like to get near there. For me, that is plenty for my driving.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Adam,

What would that make on regular 93 e10? There's only one place anywhere near me that has e85 so I don't want to go that route. The rest sounds very intriguing. My original goal is/was near 400/400. Once I'm done with this warranty crap, I'd really like to get near there. For me, that is plenty for my driving.

Not sure, I'm on 93oct right now and going to be hitting the dyno when I get some time. I sold my E85 kit off my car as it was the original prototype I have the production unit staring at me waiting to go on. Think I'm going to do 93oct tune first because I plan on selling the car.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Adam do you recall the diameter of the silicone you used on the stock box? Is that 3 or 3.5"

Sponsored

gtmorgan23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Adam what brand pipe is that connected to your stock box?

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Adam do you recall the diameter of the silicone you used on the stock box? Is that 3 or 3.5"
4"

Adam what brand pipe is that connected to your stock box?
I had it fabbed, if you look I have a 7670EFR turbo on my car not stock. If you have stock you can use a Airaid tube.

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
Wow these are great! Very similar to my plans once i get a few more miles on the car. Bigger turbo, Inter cooler, Down pipe and a tune only - stock everything else.

Both these installs look clean!!!

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
4"

I had it fabbed, if you look I have a 7670EFR turbo on my car not stock. If you have stock you can use a Airaid tube.
What is the diameter of the fabbed intake tube is that also 4"? I have the MAP 3.5" tube do you think the 4" coupler would clamp down on it?

-D

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
What is the diameter of the fabbed intake tube is that also 4"? I have the MAP 3.5" tube do you think the 4" coupler would clamp down on it?

-D
No, you use a 3.5" to 4" reducer coupler.

Sponsored

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 3" to 4" coupler I tested the 4" end on the air box, the airbox ID measures 3.5" but there is a flange lip at the end that makes the OD larger than 3.5" OD but its not really that close to 4" your 4" ID coupler clamps down enough on the airbox end to seal properly Adam?

I may just go and modify the existing tube like the OP did since its in place, I think with the MAP intake I am not sure I could get a strait enough run to make that angle anyway without a 3.5" to 4" 45 degree elbow anyway.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I have a 3" to 4" coupler I tested the 4" end on the air box, the airbox ID measures 3.5" but there is a flange lip at the end that makes the OD larger than 3.5" OD but its not really that close to 4" your 4" ID coupler clamps down enough on the airbox end to seal properly Adam?

I may just go and modify the existing tube like the OP did since its in place, I think with the MAP intake I am not sure I could get a strait enough run to make that angle anyway without a 3.5" to 4" 45 degree elbow anyway.
I gave you the exact size that I used. I'm not sure going back on forth on this is going to result in a different answer. That is the exact size off my car using a 3.5" intake tube.

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I gave you the exact size that I used. I'm not sure going back on forth on this is going to result in a different answer. That is the exact size off my car using a 3.5" intake tube.
There is no back and forth going on here just asking if the 4" diameter is enough (I assume it is if your using it obviously), I know its what you used, I was just saying the stock box is a hair thicker than 3.5" OD but its technically a 3.5" tube I figured if I went with a 3.5" coupler and dremel'd off the lip that is on the stock tube I probably could get it on there, it may be tight but with some hairspray I may get it to slip on there.

The 4" I have has about an 8" inch all the way around of play before clamping. <=== this is why I brought it up =)

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ayyyyyeeeeee, just figured this would be a good spot to post upgraded turbos with stock air boxes. Just finished up installing my GTX2867.

OP
OP

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Looks good
Sponsored