Alignment shop

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Suspension upgrades are all done, (Ford Perf track shocks/struts, Steeda min drop springs/alignment dowels, and BMR IRS cradle lock-out parts all in). Now I need a good alignment shop. I think I asked this question before and didn't really get a definitive answer...
Where the heck do I go for a good alignment? I want to take it somewhere that knows the S550 platform. Not sure the Ford dealer is the best place as they will try and do an alignment for the masses. I would like my alignment done by a tech who actually aims for the desired numbers instead of just "hitting the green" therefore it's in spec.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Did you get the BMR cradle lock outs figured out? Saw you had an issue.

Not sure who to go to for the alignment... sorry

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Did you get the BMR cradle lock outs figured out? Saw you had an issue.

Not sure who to go to for the alignment... sorry
No problem, I will keep looking.

I used everything in the CB005 kit except the braces. Fortunately the OEM brace works with the BMR upper cradle lock rings. The cradle is all centered up with the Steeda dowels in place. When (or if) I get a replacement brace from BMR, it's a matter of dropping the OEM and installing them. I am leaning heavily to just getting the Steeda braces instead of dealing with BMR and their BS.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thank sucks!! I'm sure it will be fine..

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Suspension upgrades are all done, (Ford Perf track shocks/struts, Steeda min drop springs/alignment dowels, and BMR IRS cradle lock-out parts all in). Now I need a good alignment shop. I think I asked this question before and didn't really get a definitive answer...
Where the heck do I go for a good alignment? I want to take it somewhere that knows the S550 platform. Not sure the Ford dealer is the best place as they will try and do an alignment for the masses. I would like my alignment done by a tech who actually aims for the desired numbers instead of just "hitting the green" therefore it's in spec.
Todd... a buddy of mine on trackmustangonline who tracks his S550 frequently suggested: Bob at MB Auto, unfortunately - for you - they are in Brighton. But they know the S550 well and are very particular. Maybe it is worth the drive?

http://www.mbautomotive.ca

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Todd... a buddy of mine on trackmustangonline who tracks his S550 frequently suggested: Bob at MB Auto, unfortunately - for you - they are in Brighton. But they know the S550 well and are very particular. Maybe it is worth the drive?

http://www.mbautomotive.ca
Well, if I drive there and my toe is out of spec, I may not have much tread left!

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Took it out for a little rip around. The car drives straight as an arrow and the suspension feels a tad firmer and more controlled. Got on it moderately a few times to get a feel for it and the IRS rubber band action is gone. After the alignment I'll have to really test it out. Probably going to have the dealer do it. 😣

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
That’s good.

Anything special as far as alignment specs? I’m sure there’s threads on here with what works best for what you want to do with the car.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That’s good.

Anything special as far as alignment specs? I’m sure there’s threads on here with what works best for what you want to do with the car.
Here are the BMR and Ford suggested alignments. I am thinking a hybrid as I don't need a crazy amount of neg camber in the front as my car will never roll on the track. But Ford recommends too much neg camber in the rear except for the GT350. The question would be what makes the GT350 so different in regards to rear camber from the base or PP models ? Is it ride height, tire width, offsets?

So I was thinking about -1.2 in the front and -0.8 in the back and BMR's toe recommendation.

BMR alignment specs.jpeg

Attachments

Sponsored

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Did you get the bushings clocked?
It is a must after getting rear suspension work done. Just look up Bushing Clocking on this site.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Did you get the bushings clocked?
It is a must after getting rear suspension work done. Just look up Bushing Clocking on this site.
I asked them to do it. I insisted. But the tech doing the alignment looked like he just came out of high school. I honestly don't know if he knew what I was talking about even though he said he knew how. I have no way to know if he clocked them. There may be witness marks on the bolts but I haven't looked.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I asked them to do it. I insisted. But the tech doing the alignment looked like he just came out of high school. I honestly don't know if he knew what I was talking about even though he said he knew how. I have no way to know if he clocked them. There may be witness marks on the bolts but I haven't looked.
Wow that sucks. I'm in BC and we've got this alignement shop the guy is a guru with these cars. He has my car dialed in and didn't bat an eye when asked to do it.
But if you have squeaks or your rear end doesn't sit crooked sounds like you'll be fine.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Wow that sucks. I'm in BC and we've got this alignement shop the guy is a guru with these cars. He has my car dialed in and didn't bat an eye when asked to do it.
But if you have squeaks or your rear end doesn't sit crooked sounds like you'll be fine.
It all looks good and level and was quiet up until the point I put a BMR CB005 irs subframe brace on it. Then I started to get some creaking noise from the rear. Took off the brace and noise went away. Attributed the noise to the brace.
There is one performance shop where I live that would be competent enough to do a proper alignment like your guy. The problem was they were booked sold for 2 months hence my reason for just having the dealer do the alignment.

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It all looks good and level and was quiet up until the point I put a BMR CB005 irs subframe brace on it. Then I started to get some creaking noise from the rear. Took off the brace and noise went away. Attributed the noise to the brace.
There is one performance shop where I live that would be competent enough to do a proper alignment like your guy. The problem was they were booked sold for 2 months hence my reason for just having the dealer do the alignment.
Was that the Cradle lock out 2 kit?
You shouldn't have any squeak coming from that.
I think it's because the bushings weren't clocked. Clocking can make a hell of a difference.
I have a few BMR Suspensionpieces as well as a new Pumpkin with 3:55 from 3:15.
You can see in the pic. I've had no problems with any of it. Cradle lock out makes a big difference if you've got the money I'd try it with clocking afterward. Any body that knows there shit should be able to do it. All info is on Mustang6G.

Screenshot_20230108-133239_Photos~2.jpg
Sponsored