Alignment question for new rims and tires

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Why? For the drag strip?
I would want more (negative) camber for the street (especially if I already paid for camber plates). And a lot more for the road course/autocross course.

The Track Pack recommendation (which doesn't include front camber plates/adjustment) is
-1.6 F/-2 R IIRC.
For a Roush supercharger equipped, stagger tired, rear drag radial equipped car, I’m guessing the OP’s priorities are rear straight line grip, not road course handling, cause if he wants the car to handle, he’s picked the wrong tire setup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
For a Roush supercharger equipped, stagger tired, rear drag radial equipped car, I’m guessing the OP’s priorities are rear straight line grip, not road course handling, cause if he wants the car to handle, he’s picked the wrong tire setup.
Correct - this is not my track / road course car. That's what my GT350R is for!

The car does not have a "drag pack" rear end. I understand much improved traction and better launch would be gained from this setup, but the majority of driving is spirited country roads. Car will occasionally visit the strip. So I'll run low 10s on my set up instead of 9s.

Certainly may consider extra drag pack set up in the future if I find more love for the strip.