First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
2018 GT non performance pack
Steeda progressive 1in springs
BMR front camber bolts
19 black accent wheels

So here's what the dude at Firestone came up with after bringing it back with camber bolts installed. It feels kind of off, seems to really grab the road grooves and feels strange at highway speed. I'm gonna take it to the Firestone that has a bunch of mustang dudes working there and have them dial it in better but I'm looking for what I need settings wise.

I want it comfortable on the street and at speed, perform better in the curves without sacrificing steering feel.

Tell me what ya think and thanks in advance!

Here's my specs:
Screenshot_20200618-220822_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I would take it to another shop. That shop doesn't know what they are doing.

Front camber shouldn't be that far off if you have the adjustability of the camber bolts and the rear toe is horribly out of spec. Rear camber is excessive as well. I would recommend the following for a spirited street driven car...

Front
-1.5 to - 1.7 camber
. 02 toe in per side

Rear
-1.3 to - 1.5 camber
. 12 toe in per side

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Front camber shouldn't be that far off if you have the adjustability of the camber bolts and the rear toe is horribly out of spec. Rear camber is excessive as well. I would recommend the following for a spirited street driven car...

Front
-1.5 to - 1.7 camber
. 02 toe in per side

Rear
-1.3 to - 1.5 camber
. 12 toe in per side
^ this.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Some shops are only interested in turning the numbers green. You probably need to go to a performance shop to get a proper alignment with rear camber included. it's not easy on the S550 chassis.

Leaving that much cross camber on the front is silly. I'd also toe the front in just slightly, as mentioned. That will help with some stability. The rear toe is just about maxed out while staying in spec. I'd definitely take some of that out.

Go to someone who is interested in the performance of your car, not just getting the job done and moving on.

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

Front
-1.5 to - 1.7 camber
. 02 toe in per side

Rear
-1.3 to - 1.5 camber
. 12 toe in per side
So is this the general consensus than fellas? I should go to em and ask for this?

There are a few Firestone's in my area, I took it to the closest one out of convenience but there is another on base that has 3 or 4 mustang dudes that should be able to help me out with dialing in these numbers mentioned above.

Thanks gents!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Firestone has "Rules" for employee's I've avoided them. They won't let me bring my oil, ect.
Sponsored