Alabama

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I've probably seen you around before and never realized it lol. I work in Oxford!
Very possible, I've had my mustang almost a year now. Got a great deal trading in a 2019 edge last December for the mustang.

I used to be a tech at Ron Newton Caddy/GMC in Anniston, then went to Harley at Talladega Test Facility in 98 as a durability mechanic till 09 when they closed and moved to Arizona.

BD
Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Any of you guys ever check out hwy 281 that runs across Mt. Cheaha, to Heflin? Probably the best 25mi stretch in Alabama. Been hitting that road for many years in both bikes and cars.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Any of you guys ever check out hwy 281 that runs across Mt. Cheaha, to Heflin? Probably the best 25mi stretch in Alabama. Been hitting that road for many years in both bikes and cars.
I live at the north base of Cheaha and have been over it many times on bikes and cars also. It is a nice stretch of curvy road.

Mike

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I live at the north base of Cheaha and have been over it many times on bikes and cars also. It is a nice stretch of curvy road.

Mike
Beautiful ride on a fall day for sure! As long as you don't get behind suv's, pickups or minivans... that is the norm though. Rarely see sports cars or sport bikes up there.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful ride on a fall day for sure! As long as you don't get behind suv's, pickups or minivans... that is the norm though. Rarely see sports cars or sport bikes up there.
Yep, for sure on the nice ride on a fall day. I see lots of bikes of all kinds up on the mountain in nice weather but for sure more SUVs and campers. The SUVs, truck and campers are mainly on the front side of the mountain (north side) since when you get past the lower lake/primitive campground area you are now on the much narrower back side if the mountain (south side) heading to the small town of Munford and the road is quite a bit curvier and narrow so camper/travel trailers cannot maneuver it easily. That is the real fun side of the mountain.

BD

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lumify

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Ingot Silver
Yep, for sure on the nice ride on a fall day. I see lots of bikes of all kinds up in the mountain in nice weather but for sure more SUVs and campers. The SUVs, truck and campers are mainly on the front side of the mountain (north side) since when you get past the lower lake/primitive campground area you are now on the much narrower back side if the mountain (south side) heading to the small town of Munford and the road is quite a bit curvier and narrow so camper/travel trailers cannot maneuver it easily. That is the real fun side of the mountain.

BD
281 is a fantastic road! Buldawg is right about the Munford side too, it's definitely the best part. Cottaquilla runs between White Plains and Jacksonville, it's short, but that's been a go-to for me since I was a teenager. The White Plains side of Bains Gap is also fun for a quick run.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
281 is a fantastic road! Buldawg is right about the Munford side too, it's definitely the best part. Cottaquilla runs between White Plains and Jacksonville, it's short, but that's been a go-to for me since I was a teenager. The White Plains side of Bains Gap is also fun for a quick run.
I forgot about Cottaquilla and Bains gap roads also, they are fun roads.

I remember back in 75 on spring break in the Smokies we were camping in the Fontana area and needed to make a beer run since the county the campground was in was a dry county. So, we found the nearest place to get beer was over in Tennessee on highway 129 (now known as "tail of the dragon") before it was well known, talk about a fun road 118 turns in 11 miles in a 74 Datsun pickup. Still got to make it back to that road one day.

BD

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey just found the regional forums here. I’m in Baldwin County, anyone else in here on the Eastern Shore?

Lumify

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Ingot Silver
Hey guys! Thought I'd post this here. My work is having a cruise-in May 27. Would love to have a ton of Mustangs show up!

Car Show Flyer - Copy.JPG

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys! Thought I'd post this here. My work is having a cruise-in May 27. Would love to have a ton of Mustangs show up!

Car Show Flyer - Copy.JPG
Calendar is marked.

BD

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! You'll have to take me for a ride in the ecoboost! Never ridden in a modded one.
Sounds like a plan for sure, I have not ridden in a 6G GT either yet.

BD