Airbag question.

CVortexx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6MT
If the front passenger seat has enough weight on it but no seatbelt buckled, would it cause the airbag light to come on? Trying to eliminate causes while I wait for my scan tool to arrive.

Thanks!
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
wondered the same thing. i noticed every once in awhile my light seems to come on and not sure why.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You should post the airbag light you're talking about. When you don't have enough weight on the passenger side (about 60-lbs, IIRC), whether seatbelt is buckled or not, the 'pass airbag off' light would light up. If you're getting the red airbag light on the dash, then there's a fault somewhere.

OP
OP
CVortexx

CVortexx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6MT
You should post the airbag light you're talking about. When you don't have enough weight on the passenger side (about 60-lbs, IIRC), whether seatbelt is buckled or not, the 'pass airbag off' light would light up. If you're getting the red airbag light on the dash, then there's a fault somewhere.
It's the red light on the dash.

OP
OP
CVortexx

CVortexx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6MT
It's the red light on the dash.
Correction, it's the Amber air bag light. ObdII scanner arrived and the only dtc it found was something about starter performance. When I cleared it, shut the car off and then restarted the airbag light would go off and then come back on roughly 20 seconds later.
Sponsored